Picture Thread 2006

LoneWolf16

post-10997-1161029960_thumb.jpg

No pics of me on this computer, but I do have pics of 8 of my best friends. From right to left Cosmo, Zoe, Gator Bait, Tommy, Macy, Oliver, Cheyenne, Desiree. Cosmo was recued from an abusive home, Zoe was found in the Katrina aftermath swimming in a flooded paking lot in Miss. Tommy and Oliver were pulled from a shelter the day they were to be put to sleep. Ditto for Gator. Macy was wandering around downtown Ft Lauderdale when we found her. Cheyenne was found walking next to I-95. Desiree was found nearly starved to death near Big Cypress in the everglades. Most likely she had been driven out there and abandoned.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So, I've never posted a pic before here.

Well, there ya go.

You forgot to wipe your face (there seems to be a lot of dirt on it).

dsc05577_1.jpg

I'm the one in the middle with the blue shirt.

Yeah, I'm a [bor]ing YUPPIE.

No wonder you swear so much. :-"

Because you are weird? :mellow:

For some weird reason, no.

Weird. :shifty:

No pics of me on this computer, but I do have pics of 8 of my best friends. From right to left Cosmo, Zoe, Gator Bait, Tommy, Macy, Oliver, Cheyenne, Desiree. Cosmo was recued from an abusive home, Zoe was found in the Katrina aftermath swimming in a flooded paking lot in Miss. Tommy and Oliver were pulled from a shelter the day they were to be put to sleep. Ditto for Gator. Macy was wandering around downtown Ft Lauderdale when we found her. Cheyenne was found walking next to I-95. Desiree was found nearly starved to death near Big Cypress in the everglades. Most likely she had been driven out there and abandoned.

It looks like a scene from Fahrenheit 451, with all the doggies chasing the cameraman ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You, sir, are a hero of epic proportions for giving all those dogs a loving home.

Dogs are fantastic. I've always had a dog in the house growing up, and I love 'em. Once I get settled and get a house with a yard (for room to run... gotta have room for them to run) I'll go get one from a local animal shelter. Probably won't be for another year or so, though.

I feel the need to assert that dogs are great.. probably because the denizens of this board seem to favor cats.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

It looks like a scene from Fahrenheit 451, with all the doggies chasing the cameraman ...

...and may [the cameraman] rest in peace. :shifty:

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

You, sir, are a hero of epic proportions for giving all those dogs a loving home.

Dogs are fantastic. I've always had a dog in the house growing up, and I love 'em. Once I get settled and get a house with a yard (for room to run... gotta have room for them to run) I'll go get one from a local animal shelter. Probably won't be for another year or so, though.

I feel the need to assert that dogs are great.. probably because the denizens of this board seem to favor cats.

Thank you for the kind words. But I'm no hero. Just lucky to be able to help. And be in the right place at the right time to help.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hm, I don't have any new pics....but I do have small clips of me singing...badly I might add, if anyone's interested.

give us the gooooood stuff!

oh and TrueNeutral - yes you are! :p

I'd post mine....

If TN does first. :lol:"

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

That's a lot of doggies in the window. :lol: Somewhat like how my life went, only for me it was cats. I respect anyone who rescues and then is willing to give permanent shelter to an animal.

And Lonewolf/TN, you WILL share those soundfiles. You WILL. *swings a watch back and forth*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I assume it's the same way you just add files to the post.

Also, this backfired.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Alright, let's see if this works. Sadly, almost all of them are me singing along with something instead of me just singing.

Clip 1: My first time recording myself. I used to hate it, but it's not bad.

Clip 2: Probably my favourite because my singing voice is baritone if not lower; and I'm trying to sing tenor. I completely screw up on the high notes.

Clip 3: This one disturbs me, because I'm nearly indistuingishable from Eddie Vedder.

Clip 4: The only one of my singing on my own; I was trying to get a feel for how Mark Lanegan sings; and this was my first attempt. I can do it pretty well now, but my first try was just... it doesn't sound anything like it! Don't you hate it how everything sounds different in your head? It's funny to look back on it though. Screw vocal technique! Trial and error is the way to go!

Clip 5: I kinda like this one. I'm not too bad on it.

Clip 6: I adore this one because I was drunk while I recorded this and I completely screwed up the lyrics!

All files are .wavs, and all of them suck.

YOUR TURN LONEWOLF.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Sadly, you're gonna have to wait to hear my two clips that sound almost exactly the same until later today. I'm in college, so no access to the files.

Awesome stuff though. :D

- Everlast

Heh, well, moment of truth. For the record, I only did this 'cause a girl I know begged me to record something and send it to her...

I am what is known as an "Idiot".

And yes, I know I sound almost close to barely like a pop singer.....which is just embarrassing.

diary_of_jane.wav

Edit: The other one wont work for some reason, but eh, more of the same.

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

I like it, pleasant voice. I was also sorely tempted to merge it with a background beat track, but...I shall refrain. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

dsc05577_1.jpg

Hey! I'm the one with de black shirt and the goatee :D

Man, all I need now is a shirt similar to yours and exactly as cool as you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

TN: I liked the Audioslave cover the best, flubbed words and all. Don't feel bad, I used to forget words all the time - even when we were playing sober.

LW: Not bad, not bad. Props for the acappella, because that is hard as hell. I never, ever sing without at least one guitar backing me up.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

For some reason when I clicked on this thread yesterday it totally passed over TN's post...I didn't realize he'd posted his too! Just listened to them...loved the 2nd one, mangled high notes and all. Reminds me a lot of this net friend I used to 'hang out with', actually.

I do best at lower tones, but I still can't sing worth a fart. It makes my cats cry. :-