Picture Thread 2006

LoneWolf16

Sometimes it can be a real pain to find a certain cd.

I gave up on the alphabetical order thing, which I thought was getting a little retentive. Of course when I can't find a disk I think it was wonderful as opposed to the current organizational system I have now. Which is none.

pic0024gg2.jpg

edit: I hope this is a really good essay, Drabs.

and more pictures, less smileys

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Well, meta, we can't have that now can we...

And speaking of kegs, we were making our way through one when this was taken. I don't know if I was trying to wink or pulling a momentary Thom Yorke, but I do know that our picture of Richard Dean Anderson is barely visible on the mantle.

It actually was in the house when we moved in. When people asked us "Why do you have a picture of MacGyver on your mantle?" we'd tell them he actually lived in that house, while attending college there. The more gullible folks that passed through usually believed it, and probably told their friends the next morning about that sweet party they went to in MacGyver's old house. At least that's what we were going for.

post-3347-1159754420_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Sometimes it can be a real pain to find a certain cd.

I gave up on the alphabetical order thing, which I thought was getting a little retentive.  Of course when I can't find a disk I think it was wonderful as opposed to the current organizational system I have now.  Which is none.

pic0024gg2.jpg

Why not try chronological, like each decade or year in a different stack. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I still like alphabetical...except, I don't bother with going so far as to care whether or not King is before Koontz. As long as I know 'in this area/on this shelf", I'm happy.

Tho, in terms of game discs...ones I play now and then get tossed in one of three stacks/racks on a shelf and ancient/unloved ones are in storage binders in closet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Alas, I'm often more organized in my dreams these days than I am in reality. :cool:

On topic, not of me, but a bridge we use to get across to the other side of the bay. While the bridge is kind of cool for being so low to the waterline and being able to see lots of sailboats on summer days sometimes, the picture itself is not very interesting...plus, my fat cat being...well, fat.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah...a lot of it's hair but she can't bend in the middle to clean anymore, lol. She's one of those kitties where you don't realize exactly how large she's become until she lies down - then she looks like a rotund harpy seal.

Yeah...a lot of it's hair but she can't bend in the middle to clean anymore, lol. She's one of those kitties where you don't realize exactly how large she's become until she lies down - then she looks like a rotund harpy seal.

My cat's like that too. Once they get old and fat their hind quarters become big mats of hair. I've had to perform surgery a few times.

For some reason, I find that easier than denying him large amounts of food. He is my kitty, after all.

okay, i valiantly offer to keep the thread going with my picture. :) selfless, ain't i? :)

2karenwy1.jpg

ps: the man and i are in the process of changing domiciles. :)

V***V

Edited by vesselle

well

whatever

nevermind

I still like alphabetical...except, I don't bother with going so far as to care whether or not King is before Koontz. As long as I know 'in this area/on this shelf", I'm happy.

So where do you put stuff released by Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner? Under "S" or "P" ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

This was at a hockey tournement last spring. We battled back from a depressing first round tie in which the other team scored with less then a minute left in the game. We wound up in the championship against a much, much better team from CANADA! We lost 2-1, but it was a great game. I don't even regret losing all that much, cause we played really well for our age. We were the youngest team in the tournement, all our players were 13-14, playing against 16U teams.

post-14060-1160090850_thumb.jpg

Edited by Krookie

So where do you put stuff released by Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner? Under "S" or "P" ...

P?? There's no 'P' in that name... :p

And I'd put it under whatever the first letter of the official last name would be. If it's Sumner, than S. If it's Thomas-Sumner, than T.

Either that, or S for 'Sting..'

P?? There's no 'P' in that name... :(

And I'd put it under whatever the first letter of the official last name would be. If it's Sumner, than S. If it's Thomas-Sumner, than T.

Either that, or S for 'Sting..'

"P" for "Police, the" :o

"S" for "Sting, lost up his behind" :p"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's only because I have encountered the issue previously. :rolleyes: This is why we can learn from history, and why living long enough gives you an advantage (if you are paying attention, of course), and why Krookie's Heuristic

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think the two names in the middle threw me off. Ah well, I'll not fall for that one again!

Poor K-dawg. At least he can read Harry Potter! Those have all been written in the last decade. :rolleyes:

Edit: because I am using WAY too many emoticons today for some reason... but I've got to keep the wizard. It's post-relevant!

Edited by Darth Drabek

But the greater evil here is being able to read the Potter books, without the frame of reference of Tolkien...

Which may not be as great an evil as the thread derailing we are contributing to EVEN NOW!

:D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well yes, kikkeli is one of the many words for Pen1s (rather playful one). I don't know any meaning for Lare, I guess it is more like a nickname

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

No, Kikkeli doesn't mean pen1s, it means "awesome", Lare the Awesome. Xard is just misleading you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds