Trouble loading on Dantooine

Well, it looks like they've gotten rid of the tech support forum since I was coming to this site regularly. Since I don't know where else to put this thread, I'll put it here.

I've recently started replaying the game. Everything was going just fine, at least from a technical standpoint until recently.

I had gotten to Dantooine after completing Nar Shadaa, and the first part of Onderon. I decided that I wanted to see as many of the Ebon Hawk cutscenes as I could, so I left the ship and went back aboard. I did this a few times, when suddenly one time when I tried to leave the Ebon Hawk again, all I'd get is a black screen with the cursor. I tried leaving the planet, going to another and returning but no luck. This problem only seems to happen on Dantooine, other planets seem to load fine.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a work-around?

Just as a side note, the only save game I have before this problem is less than half-way between the start and where I'm at now. If the only solution is to start over, I think I'd rather put the game in the microwave for a few hours and use whatever's left as a coaster. It goes without saying that I won't be buying another Obsidian product again.

Well, wait for TSL Restoration team to release whatever they are working on currently.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I really can't understand how people always seems to freak out if their game has game-stopping bug. >_< I have encountered such many times in many different games, but even though I am annoyed, I am not going to put my game into microwawe, geez. What a waste.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

it use to happen to me all the time i downloaded a patch

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

• 3 months later...
Does anyone have a solution for this yet? My daughter has this bug and she's of course frustrated. She can't go to Dantooine, so she can't finish the game. We've installed the patch and that didn't help. Any advice?

Have you restarted your computer after adding patch, I had the some proplem with the telos prisons patch until i restarted my computer, good luck and DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE!!!

Does anyone have a solution for this yet? My daughter has this bug and she's of course frustrated. She can't go to Dantooine, so she can't finish the game. We've installed the patch and that didn't help. Any advice?

Have you restarted your computer after adding patch, I had the some proplem with the telos prisons patch until i restarted my computer, good luck and DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE!!!

Yes, more than once in fact. Darn, I was hoping there was a workaround or something for this. She didn't tell me she had the problem until she'd reloaded and gone to a bunch of other planets. Now she can't finish because she can't land on Dantooine and she doesn't want to start over (she's 10 so convincing her to start over is pretty difficult at this point! lol)

Well, I'll just have to keep an eye on the forum to see if anyone manages to fix this somehow. Thanks!

You can always cheat yourself out of it.

Add

EnableCheats=1 in the [Game options] of Swkotor2.ini

Then

~

And in the invisible console type

WARP 605DAN

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee