I hate dentists

Hurlshort

I just got back from the dentist. I hadn't been in about 5 years, and I expected some trouble, but it doesn't make it easier to take. I have 4, maybe 5, cavities. He said I need a DEEP cleaning, which requires two separate appointments and $200 over what my insurance covers. Then he'll patch the cavities,a nd then my wisdom teeth need to come out. I also hate the fact that I know nothing about teeth, so the deep cleaning might just be a crock. Bah!

You don't have to have all that crap done.

They can't force you to do it, but they will try. Have to get those tracking devices in you some how.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I don't like and don't go to the dentist often either and when I do they always want to 'flay the gums' to clean below the gumline, or whatever. Sometimes I let them, sometimes I don't.

Cavities I always have them do tho, even if I'm not in any actual pain.

Wisdom teeth...if they're impacting or close to doing so, have it done. If they're not...well, you can probably put it off a little while, as long as you have them checked frequently. Some dentists want to pull them on principle as soon as they notice them rather than when absolutely neccesary.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Evolution needs to take care of those wisdom teeth, and soon. Having those ****ers when they can't even get out on their own was hardly an intelligent design :ermm:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

About five years ago I went to the dentist for the first time in several years. They found a few cavities and I also needed to do a deep cleaning and pull a wisdom tooth. Two appointments later you're not exactly going "hey, here's my SEK4000 now that you just hurt me so bad" with a whole lot of enthusiasm. It's too expensive going to the dentist, and last time I got a cavity fixed the tooth actually started paining afterwards.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I just got back from the dentist.  I hadn't been in about 5 years, and I expected some trouble, but it doesn't make it easier to take.  I have 4, maybe 5, cavities.  He said I need a DEEP cleaning, which requires two separate appointments and $200 over what my insurance covers.  Then he'll patch the cavities,a nd then my wisdom teeth need to come out.  I also hate the fact that I know nothing about teeth, so the deep cleaning might just be a crock.  Bah!

Hurlshot is an anti-dentite! :o

Gotta love all the anesthetics though.

I had a root canal a year and a half ago, and didn't feel a thing except for slight pressure now and then.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Evolution needs to take care of those wisdom teeth, and soon. Having those ****ers when they can't even get out on their own was hardly an intelligent design  :huh:

Technically it's Evolution's fault they're now a problem. For whatever reason for the past few thousand years people have been finding other people with small faces attractive and as a result there's no longer room for all the teeth the human mouth contains. Unfortunately due to modern medical technology Evolution never will take care of wisdom teeth, just like it'll never take care of hemophilia or other fatal/painful/life changing without medicine diseases/ailments.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Gotta love all the anesthetics though.

I had a root canal a year and a half ago, and didn't feel a thing except for slight pressure now and then.

You can ask for double anaesthetics in Sweden, I had a wisdom tooth pulled last summer (doing it again in two months) and I didnt feel a damn thing, it stuck in for about an hour or two afterwards too so it was completely painless.

And its not like when you were a kid and went and they shot your mouth so full of painkilers that you drooled and spoke like a mongoloid for an hour afterwards either :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I just got back from the dentist.  I hadn't been in about 5 years, and I expected some trouble, but it doesn't make it easier to take.  I have 4, maybe 5, cavities.  He said I need a DEEP cleaning, which requires two separate appointments and $200 over what my insurance covers.  Then he'll patch the cavities,a nd then my wisdom teeth need to come out.  I also hate the fact that I know nothing about teeth, so the deep cleaning might just be a crock.  Bah!

Pixies is right, you don't have do have anything done if you can't or don't want to.

However I'd get the deep clean done.

Wisdom teeth will come out normally for most people but when they start to hurt, which is normal(ask teething babies...), dentists try to convince you to have them removed, their reason is because they are difficult to clean properly with a toothbrush and they may eventually rot. The real reason of course is that each wisdom tooth costs a nice little 300-400$(Can) to be removed.

I have 3 wisdom teeth out and one is halfway out. It hurts about once every few months for a few days, which is solved with a Tylenol(or Aspirin or whatever) and I'm doing fine.

Evolution needs to take care of those wisdom teeth, and soon. Having those ****ers when they can't even get out on their own was hardly an intelligent design  :thumbsup:

Technically it's Evolution's fault they're now a problem. For whatever reason for the past few thousand years people have been finding other people with small faces attractive and as a result there's no longer room for all the teeth the human mouth contains. Unfortunately due to modern medical technology Evolution never will take care of wisdom teeth, just like it'll never take care of hemophilia or other fatal/painful/life changing without medicine diseases/ailments.

Bullcrap! :))

Btw. Last time I had a wisdom tooth pulled out it felt like the dentist was using a crowbar in my mouth to get it out, but I couldn't feel a thing, except for my head being pulled in his direction a few times. have fun ;)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

• 1 month later...

I revived this thread because I just finished paying $200 for my root cleaning, and now they want me to pay $75 for each of my 5 cavities. That's $375 for the math challenged.

I was concerned, so I called my dental care provider. They were concerned as well, and now I'm searching for a new dentist and they are following up for me. Basically, my dentist only does resin (white) fillings. He didn't mention that there was an option (silver or amalgam) which is free to me.

There is mercury in the silver fillings, but I looked all over the net and every study says the amount from fillings has never been shown to be harmful. It also lasts way longer than the resin fillings. I feel pretty ripped off, but at least I didn't pay the $375 for my fillings.

Actually, I spend quite a bit of time each day on dental hygiene. You know, the bristle brush, floss, brushing, and then listerine.

I need to arrange a cleaning also.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Im going this thurdsay to have my upper left wisdom tooth pulled. The last one(upper right) went completely smooth, but Ive been having problems with my lower left so Im thinking of asking him to pull that one too. The problem is that that tooth hasnt come up fully yet so it going to be a whole lot more complicated to pull.

So either I go and pull the easy one and take the occasional pain from the other one until its ready to pull... or I take the hard complex tooth surgery which in the worst case means hell have to cut up the gum surrounding the tooth, painstakingly drill the tooth into pieces while its still in place and then pull those pieces individually. I dont really like the prospect of that

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Wow.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

If you haven't figured it out already, Gabrielle likes to say she enjoys torturing people and stuff.