Gamecube?

Ok, so I want a new consol, but I don't want to spend the money for one of the new ones comming out. I have Playstation 2 and X-Box. So, I was thinking about getting a Gamecube.

So what I want to know, from you, the Obsidian Forum Community, is if it is worth it, and what are the "must have" games. Preferably, the people that actually own, or have owned the system. I don't need to read a bunch of posts about consoles sucking. Not only do I not need them, I don't want them either. Please.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The two major "must have" games irrespective of your genre tastes are Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime. Also, if you never got a chance to play The Legend of Zelda : The Ocarina of Time, then you should pick-up the remastered version for the Gamecube.

manthing2.jpg

I was thinking about the same thing recently, having previously owned the PS2 and the Xbox and I was wondering if the Gamecube would hold my interest, so I picked one up off of ebay a few weeks ago along with some of the top rated games including Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4, and Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and I must say this has been the most fun I've had on a console. I believe that all of these games serve a well rounded spectrum of gaming and will easily hold you over for quite a long time. Let me know if you any other questions

What about the StarFox games they have made for the Gamecube? Are those any good?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

If Darque was here she'd say something along the lines of 'Resident Evil!!' (w00t) (w00t)

If ShadowPaladin was still around he'd suggest Pokemon, I bet.

Personally I've never owned a gamecube, but I have played Fight Night Round 3 on it at a friends house. It comes with Super Punchout as an unlockable feature, I believe.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I don't want to spend the money on a Wii.

Edited by thepixiesrock

I never cared for that line of games, to tell you the truth. Because, Darque, I think we have reached the point in our relationship, where we should be honest with each other. It will create a healthier relationship for the both of us.

I never cared for that line of games, to tell you the truth.  Because, Darque, I think we have reached the point in our relationship, where we should be honest with each other.  It will create a healthier relationship for the both of us.

ie Darque don't cry but we should see other people :thumbsup:

anyway From what I've played the starfox game that's actually star fox (flying around in little ships) is good but the adventures like is horrible...

Also SSB:M is good. You should also try at least one of the Rogue squadon games. And if you've never played MGS before get twin snakes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Killer7

/thread

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Axtually, I wanted to buy a Gamecube too, but I thought it would be better to wait for the wii. It will have backward compatibility with Gamecube games and will have better technology. The price is really fair for a new-gen console and if you don't like the controller, you can always take the classic one.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Yeah, around 250 dollars. A very fair price if you ask me...

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I am going to buy a Gamecube over a next generation console because I always wanted one, and it's cheaper than the Wii. I don't plan on buying a next generation console until I see which one has the bigger selection of games I want. If I buy a Wii, it would be taking a gamble and potentially losing $150.

I am going to buy a Gamecube over a next generation console because I always wanted one, and it's cheaper than the Wii.  I don't plan on buying a next generation console until I see which one has the bigger selection of games I want.  If I buy a Wii, it would be taking a gamble and potentially losing $150.

Not really. You will still be able to play the GC game in addition to the Wii ones. Besides, knowing Ninendo, I am sure that there will be Wii exclusive games that will be worth the look (I am thinking of the Zelda games, and maybe the Resident evil series).

I can't see how buying a Wii can be a waste of money if you intend to buy a Nintendo console anyway. Well, of course, if you buy a second-hand GC, it will be a LOT cheaper, but I always buy new products.

Gamecubes go for $99 new. Now, if I waited, and if the Wii is $250, and I bought it, I wouldn't want to buy another next generation console. I would be taking the risk of buying a Wii, instead of another console that might have a bigger selection of games I would want. If I didn't buy another next generation console, the only money I would lose, would be enjoyment dollars. And I'm not willing to take that risk.

The Wii isn't officially 250$. There is no price yet. What they've said so far is "250$ at the most" and "you're going to say 'WOW, that's affordable!' " Traditionally, *all* of Nintendo's consoles have retailed at 200$. I wouldn't be surprised if it still holds. They'll officially reveal all this in September.

If you don't have the patience to 3 months, then sure, get a Gamecube. Otherwise, it might cost you about 100 bucks more. Or 200-300, or 400-500.

You might want to look into what kind of games all the next-gen dawgs are going to offer as well and see which team you'd see yourself batting for, if you know what I mean naughty.gifnaughty.gifnaughty.gif

What kind of console games are you usually into?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

You might want to look into what kind of games all the next-gen dawgs are going to offer as well and see which team you'd see yourself batting for,

That's why I don't plan on buying the Wii right away.

As the for types of games I'm usually into, I don't know, I play a lot of different types of games.