Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

7900GTX vs. 7950GX2

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6451 posts
Where's the HDR I don't see it :lol:

alanschu

alanschu

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15747 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I think that's the point.

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6451 posts
Well then that's really retarded.

alanschu

alanschu

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15747 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Not really. He was checking to see if FSAA and HDR were both working from what I can tell.

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
  • Location:In the middle of the night when everything was still, she heard clawing and gnawing, nibbling and squabbling. She could hear the wolves in the walls, plotting their wolfish plots, hatching their wolfish schemes
Yeah, the settings say that both are enabled but as you can see.. no HDR. In fact, nothing happens if you deactivate AA either.

And if you check wikiedia for games using SM3 and SM2 HDR, R6:Lockdown is not one of them. STrange.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast, 23 June 2006 - 01:53 AM.

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6451 posts
Well isn't that an old game?

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
  • Location:In the middle of the night when everything was still, she heard clawing and gnawing, nibbling and squabbling. She could hear the wolves in the walls, plotting their wolfish plots, hatching their wolfish schemes
It was released the 10th of February 2006.

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6551 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
I remember reading a review that said R6: Lockdown was awful. I think it said they had taken away the bit where you plan your mission beforehand. Is that true?

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6451 posts
What's going to rock is Rainbow 6 Vegas.

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts

I remember reading a review that said R6: Lockdown was awful. I think it said they had taken away the bit where you plan your mission beforehand. Is that true?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, its the usual console dumb-down. I think the claimed the real reason was to make it more action-filled but the AI is as moronic as usual and there are no fun gunfights, either you shoot them in the head or they shoot you in the head.

What reall annoys you though, is that theyve ****ed up how you shoot. You lean round a corner and double-tap your mouse to take down a baddie but the game lags and only lets you fire a single shot... sometimes it does fire all the shots but in a lagged staccato so you miss what you aim at. It works fine in full auto but being all cool and commando by using single fire is out of the question.

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6551 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
I just made a quick visit to R6's official forums and found out it has respawning! WTF. How can a tactical shooter have respawning?

Fenghuang

Fenghuang

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1087 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, its the usual console dumb-down. I think the claimed the real reason was to make it more action-filled but the AI is as moronic as usual and there are no fun gunfights, either you shoot them in the head or they shoot you in the head.

What reall annoys you though, is that theyve ****ed up how you shoot. You lean round a corner and double-tap your mouse to take down a baddie but the game lags and only lets you fire a single shot... sometimes it does fire all the shots but in a lagged staccato so you miss what you aim at. It works fine in full auto but being all cool and commando by using single fire is out of the question.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can a franchise that's been on consoles as well as PCs for years only be dumbed down now? There's gotta be a different reason.

alanschu

alanschu

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15747 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Little things like that mean nothing. It's clearly a console dumb down.

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
I think the thing is that previous Rainbow 6 titles like Ravenshield were developed for the PC and then ported to consoles, whereas Lockdown was designed for consoles from the beginning and thus more action and less planning.

alanschu

alanschu

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15747 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'd be much more willing to concede that Lockdown was made as a quick cash-in to get more out of the franchise.

But hey, you have to try to bash consoles some how right?

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6451 posts
Judging by that screenshot, it looks like something made 2 years ago.

alanschu

alanschu

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15747 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's purely because it's a console game! Not a game that was rushed to make a quick buck!

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6451 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's purely because it's a console game! Not a game that was rushed to make a quick buck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Umm since it's a port of a console game with no extra graphix, then it was rushed to make a quick buck! :rolleyes:

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
The graphics are actually very nice, it does not look 2 year old ingame. But seriously, what other reason could they have for simplifying gameplay other than to compete with action shooters? And if you remove features from a game without adding anything, thats dumbing down.

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6451 posts
Hey I checked the game out and the graphics are pretty good. Is it worth getting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users