7900GTX vs. 7950GX2

Btw, do you think Ill be fine with my AMD 64 3500+ or will that CPU be a bit of a bottleneck? I just read on BFG's website that the minimum required CPU is a 2500+

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

First post with new sweet 7900GTX. First impressions:

This card is quiet! :shifty: less noise than my old zalman cooler.. it also runs at about 45C idle which 15-20C lower than my 6800U

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I just got an eVGA 7950 GX2.  It has great preformance, quiet, but it runs warm, 60c at idle and 70c with a load.

..and you didnt get a complimentary T-shirt :shifty:

..and you didnt get a complimentary T-shirt :shifty:

If you were cool, you'd wear it, take a picture of you and it and then post the picture in the Way Off Topic pictures 2006 thread.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Btw, do you think Ill be fine with my AMD 64 3500+ or will that CPU be a bit of a bottleneck? I just read on BFG's website that the minimum required CPU is a 2500+

...supposedly, AMD 64/X2 prices are gonna drop somethin' HUGE in July once Conroe hits retail, so if'n ya can wait, I's'd betcha could pick up a X2 dual core fer peanuts... :)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

About HDR, I managed to run HDR+AA simultaneously in Rainbow6:Lockdown. Thats not supposed to be possible, is it?

..and you didnt get a complimentary T-shirt :huh:

If you were cool, you'd wear it, take a picture of you and it and then post the picture in the Way Off Topic pictures 2006 thread.

I would, except its made for american body fatness and so it would hurt my skinny manhood if I clohed myself in it.

About HDR, I managed to run HDR+AA simultaneously in Rainbow6:Lockdown. Thats not supposed to be possible, is it?

Were they both actually working?

I doubt it.. or R6 has the least noticeable HDR lighting ever (the white haze in the corners happens when you activate "post-processing effects" )

R6Lhdr.jpg

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

Yeah, the settings say that both are enabled but as you can see.. no HDR. In fact, nothing happens if you deactivate AA either.

And if you check wikiedia for games using SM3 and SM2 HDR, R6:Lockdown is not one of them. STrange.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

It was released the 10th of February 2006.

I remember reading a review that said R6: Lockdown was awful. I think it said they had taken away the bit where you plan your mission beforehand. Is that true?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I remember reading a review that said R6: Lockdown was awful. I think it said they had taken away the bit where you plan your mission beforehand. Is that true?

Yep, its the usual console dumb-down. I think the claimed the real reason was to make it more action-filled but the AI is as moronic as usual and there are no fun gunfights, either you shoot them in the head or they shoot you in the head.

What reall annoys you though, is that theyve ****ed up how you shoot. You lean round a corner and double-tap your mouse to take down a baddie but the game lags and only lets you fire a single shot... sometimes it does fire all the shots but in a lagged staccato so you miss what you aim at. It works fine in full auto but being all cool and commando by using single fire is out of the question.

I just made a quick visit to R6's official forums and found out it has respawning! WTF. How can a tactical shooter have respawning?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yep, its the usual console dumb-down. I think the claimed the real reason was to make it more action-filled but the AI is as moronic as usual and there are no fun gunfights, either you shoot them in the head or they shoot you in the head.

What reall annoys you though, is that theyve ****ed up how you shoot. You lean round a corner and double-tap your mouse to take down a baddie but the game lags and only lets you fire a single shot... sometimes it does fire all the shots but in a lagged staccato so you miss what you aim at. It works fine in full auto but being all cool and commando by using single fire is out of the question.

How can a franchise that's been on consoles as well as PCs for years only be dumbed down now? There's gotta be a different reason.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I think the thing is that previous Rainbow 6 titles like Ravenshield were developed for the PC and then ported to consoles, whereas Lockdown was designed for consoles from the beginning and thus more action and less planning.