What if Delaware project isn't Kotor2?

A console FO3?

I would laugh my ass off!

Yea Verily...

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

P.S. Do you see how lame and condesnceding that sound son an Internet Geek Message Board. It's all about 2 way streest. Everyone has the right to post their opinions, and voice disagreements about oithers' opinions. It's all fair. B)

I understand your point here, but when I mentioned that kotor wasn't a good game on other board once, I've got tons of hatemail and replys which were like: "j00 s0 stupid, KOTOR IS GREAT!!!!1111oneone" etc. That's why I added my P.S line there. It was just a precaution. :ph34r:

Console ports aren't that interesting. Being designed for console really hurt KotOR in my opinion. If they made it strictly PC they could have expanded the game greatly in terms of skills, feats, and class choices.

Unlikely as non of those things are Xbox limitations anyway. They did it that way because they wanted it that way. Not because the Xbox couldnt handle extra classes/feats/etc.

As I said previously since you were going to be a Jedi from chapterII its pointless going to town on other classes.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The Xbox is basically a PC in console form anyway.

But it's the users that matter, and they want more action-oriented games.

It works both ways of course. PC role-players hated the arcade mini games. In fact, some people still can't leave Taris because of the turret shooter. :)

I hope they've allowed for any class to be used in KotOR2, but to tell a deep story you often need certain things forced on you. I don't mind so long as you drive the story, not the other way around.

It works both ways of course. PC role-players hated the arcade mini games. In fact, some people still can't leave Taris because of the turret shooter.  :)

I'm used to them, though when they were in the planning stages I asked them time after time not to add them.

The mini games were so easy they need not have bothered with them. And the rewards were useless too. If you look at any of the Squenix mini games, the reward (even if its long term) is well worth the effort. And the games are at least moderately engaging which is more than you can say about the KOTOR ones.

So I doubt they made anyone happy with the mini games. For the RPG purists they were an aspect of the game that bore no relation to the character. And to people who are actually used to mini games they were an insult to our mini gaming skills.

I cant think of a single thing that any of the games added (im excluding Parzak) to the game. And I dont think I have seen anyone who thought otherwise.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It works both ways of course. PC role-players hated the arcade mini games. In fact, some people still can't leave Taris because of the turret shooter.  :)

I'm used to them though when they were in the planning stages I asked them time after time not to add them.

The mini games were so easy they need not have bothered with them. And the rewards were useless too. If you look at any of the Squenix mini games, the reward (even if its long term) is well worth the effort. And the games are at least moderately engaging which is more than you can say about the KOTOR ones.

So I doubt they made anyone happy with the mini games. For the RPG purists they were an aspect of the game that bore no relation to the character. And to people who are actually used to mini games they were an insult to our mini gaming skills.

I don't mind minigames in RPG:s but Square usually goes for the pisspoor control version of minigames just to increase the time it takes to complete them... A good example of this is in FFX when you have to ride a chocobo through an assault course, the controls are abysmal and the way the obstacles are thrown in your face is completely unfair wich in turn simply adds to the frustration... A minigame should be fun and profitable something that Square often has glossed over.....

I don't mind minigames in RPG:s but Square usually goes for the pisspoor control version of minigames just to increase the time it takes to complete them... A good example of this is in FFX when you have to ride a chocobo through an assault course, the controls are abysmal and the way the obstacles are thrown in your face is completely unfair wich in turn simply adds to the frustration... A minigame should be fun and profitable something that Square often has glossed over.....

Is that the one where you need to get below a time of 0.00 to get the sun emblem ?

Or the one where you race the Chocobo for the cloudy mirror and get a better prize based on which chest you open ?

I never could finish the first one. On the other hand the butterfly one was relatively easy..

478327[/snapback]

Is that the one where you need to get below a time of 0.00 to get the sun emblem ?

Or the one where you race the Chocobo for the cloudy mirror and get a better prize based on which chest you open ?

I never could finish the first one. On the other hand the butterfly one was relatively easy..

I meant the sunemblem one, I did manage to get it after numerous failings and curses eich almost made to give up the minigames completly. I understand that the sunemblem is very valuable part to make a powerful weapon but there is an ocean of difference between challenging and downright frustration....

I meant the sunemblem one, I did manage to get it after numerous failings and curses eich almost made to give up the minigames completly. I understand that the sunemblem is very valuable part to make a powerful weapon but there is an ocean of difference between challenging and downright frustration....

You know that one is toned down from the Japanese version. Except the Japanese version has a bug which allows you to ride through the birds in certain circumstances. :ph34r:

The reward is definately worth the effort in any case even if its not essential to completing the game.

I gave up after getting 0.00 twice. After that I just lost my focus and asked Yuki to do it.

Frustration is another one of those things that dosnt really have a gauge. I think the best approach is to not make any of the mini games essential to completing the main path and leave it at that.

478327[/snapback]

I don't know much how minigames are used today, but in the days of FF7 they were very stupid, nonsensical and game breaking. I got the feeling my intelligence was being constantly questioned by the developers.

How could you NOT enjoy Chocobo Racing ?

478327[/snapback]

I don't know much how minigames are used today, but in the days of FF7 they were very stupid, nonsensical and game breaking. I got the feeling my intelligence was being constantly questioned by the developers.

I loved the chocobo racing as well but it also suffered from the bad controls. I don't mind the minigames but the controls are usually so stiff and unresponsive that it adds another challenge of fighting the controls, that kind of challenge shouldn't even be there to begin with.

I loved the chocobo racing as well but it also suffered from the bad controls. I don't mind the minigames but the controls are usually so stiff and unresponsive that it adds another challenge of fighting the controls, that kind of challenge shouldn't even be there to begin with.

I cant honestly say I have experienced any control issues. However the Chocobo racing is one of those minigames which has a long term reward.

You need to breed a Gold Chocobo in order to reach the Knights of the round summon (and copycatting that is the easy way to take down the weapons).

So even though it will take you a long time there is something very special at the end. But at the same time it's not something that is essential to completing the game so your never forced to do it (outside of one Chocobo race if I recall).

478327[/snapback]

Didn't see much of a point to it. The gimmick wore off after some races.

Yiu didn't like chocobo racing? How dare you!

True, after awhile like most minigames, it got a little boring; but that's too be expected. While it lasted; it was great fun. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

All minigames like that should be OPTIONAL and not forced onto the player. The gun turrets were pretty lame in the way it forced you to play it. THey should have given the option of letting Canderous, who is supposedly a well trained soldier and probably do a better job of manning the turrets than a scoundrel or scout man the guns instead of the PC.

Also I think it was rather stupid that after the heated battle that the ship was automatically back at full hit points after each battle. There should have been repair costs, time spent on getting parts, repairing, and so forth. If the ship was in the red with very little of the bar left means the Ebon Hawk was about to go critical and go BOOM! There needs to be repairs done to reflect that.

I agree that the future of mini-games should be more integrated with the general game-play, which is why Pazaak was genius. If you want to play cards, you can, if you don't you don't have to, and playing cards would be something that people would do in a Cantina.

The gunner game could have been improved by having a means of bypassing it, and by having in-game consequences attached to a player's performance.