What if Delaware project isn't Kotor2?

I found this on the Bioware boards:

Grok, of Atari Public relations, has spoken on the Atari forums about the D&D games in development.

Thank you for taking my rather obvious bait!

I expect to have an official announcement about the first title out in the next week or two. However, this is a console game and very unlike Temple, NWN, BG, etc. That said, it is absolutely fantastic -- so if you own a PS2 or Xbox you'll want ot keep an eye out for this one.

We'll also be announcing a new D&D title in May. Solid developer but not a RPG. More details to come then.

D&D Online -- this one has been announced and is being handled by the fine folks at Turbine. We'll be showing this game off for the first time in August of this year in Mexico!

There are however, two tentative annoucements we're planning for E3 that should be very big and just what you folks are looking for. I'm a big RPG geek myself and I'm excited...so that tells you something.

We've also got some new NWN stuff in the works that should be pretty cool.

So, lots of D&D goodness in the future.

Grok

Since there hasn't been any official announcement about the Delaware project, how can we be so sure it is Kotor2? Obsidian might be producing any of those games with Bioware and that would mean that they are developing a d&d game which sounds quite cool to me.

Also I think that one of those games may be Jefferson: check out what I have wrote on this link:

http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.php?t=41404&start=0

Cheers.

PS: Sammael !!!!!! I have been looking for you everywhere!!!! Can you please send me the Jefferson material you haven't posted on the web? I want to learn a bit more about my dream game... Thanks in advance!

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I wanna know what proof there is to make everyone think it's KOTOR 2

The earth is flat, I mean, it's obvious right ? Everybody can see it with their own eyes, so everybody agrees, it must be flat. :p

Sorry HA, just kidding, Rumours works like that. Repeat them often enough and they become faith. Enough faith and it becomes a religion. Woe to he who thinketh that its not Kotor2 :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well E3 does anounces a lot of projects.

Again D&D belongs to WotC and electronic rights of D&D (games for example) belongs to Atari, BioWare have no hold over D&D IP.

And Star Wars belongs to LucasArts, again BioWare holds no hold over Star Wars IP (and Atari is nor even connected to Star Wars, even if WotC works on Star Wars d20, electronic rights to everything Star Wars are hold by LucasArts).

Why people think that Atari is going to reveal SWKotOR 2 when in no way they can work in that game, only LucasArts can ...

drakron.png

At this point I don't care what Obsidian is making, they have enough talent for me to be interested regardless.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

At this point I don't care what Obsidian is making, they have enough talent for me to be interested regardless.

TripleRRR

And that's an excellent point!

Why shouldn't we all be happy no matter what they are making (so long as it's an RPG :p )

Interplay and Black Isle are dead to the PC gamer... we need RPG providers... they might not make the game we want "now" (of course I want KotOR2 :)) but who knows what the future holds :)

Interplay and Black Isle are dead to the PC gamer...

Just out of morbid curiosity, I tried looking up "Interplay" in the Pocket Oxford Dictionary. This is what it came up with: "Interplay n. reciprocal action". Small wonder that they do things that seems weird and incomprehensible from time to time. :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Please no ? Dear God, please no ? Pretty please no ???

Anything but that. I could live with hentai games, crate games, sheep, rats, baked bread, babes in chainmail bikinis fighting rust monsters, dual wielding thieves, brothels, pedocide, anything, but no mentioning of Fallout 3 and console in the same sentence :)

theres as much proof that it's fallout 3 as to suggest KOTOR2. With a bit of tweaking fallout 3 could be consoled

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS!!!!!!!! :angry:

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

A console FO3?

I would laugh my ass off!

True, it might be fun to see the fallout faboys have a collective heart attack.

TripleRRR

I hope that it wouldn't be kotor2. I didn't like kotor that much that it would deserve a sequel. It was fun for about 5-6 hours, after that it was kinda "sticky sticky, poke poke, fight fight, ooh a new jedi power". I hope that this will be some other rpg game.

P.S This is MY OPINION. You don't have to comply with it, you can disagree with it. In either case, I'm not interested in what you have to say about kotor to me.

Tough. KOTOR, despites its flaws, was a good enough game to deserve a sequel. Diusagree with me all you want; but tough I'm not really interested in what you ahve to say to me about KOTOR.

P.S. Do you see how lame and condesnceding that sound son an Internet Geek Message Board. It's all about 2 way streest. Everyone has the right to post their opinions, and voice disagreements about oithers' opinions. It's all fair. B)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

^ I second that.

at this point I'm not nearly as interested in what the new game is (since it looks like it is console) as I am that it is done in a way that people are happy, and Obsidian can get more work... something that the rest of us can play. :D