hope im in the right place

okay, i love the kotor series and i was wondering if there was any other games that was like them...i love the influence and the fact that you travel with a party and the romance(even if it is pretty much cut from the second one)...but i have looked and i just wanted to know if any of you have found a game that is somewhat like this....i dont have xbox, i just play on pc....

okay, i love the kotor series and i was wondering if there was any other games that was like them...i love the influence and the fact that you travel with a party and the romance(even if it is pretty much cut from the second one)...but i have looked and i just wanted to know if any of you have found a game that is somewhat like this....i dont have xbox, i just play on pc....

The RPG Genre has dried up for PC. There hasn't been a good one since KOTOR and the last one before that was Baldur's Gate series.

I think the RPG genre has rather dried up, period, in the past years.

Action-RPG's (or whatever you want to call them...), or at least very watered down RPG's, dominate at the moment, probably partly because they're easier to translate to MM-online games.

Given Kotor's game format tho (some might say the Kotor's are still 'limited' RPG's), there might be some others out there you might like. However, I myself haven't played any other pc games that really remind me of the Kotor game-concept.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The RPG Genre has dried up for PC. There hasn't been a good one since KOTOR and the last one before that was Baldur's Gate series.

what is the Baldur's Gate series? i dont know much about other games out there...retarded i know...lol...thank you for replying :thumbsup:

It's an early Bioware RPG that's pretty true to the D&D rules. 3/4, top down fixed perspective, very large number of maps/world, party environment, quests, etc. Definitely a great RPG, I played it for months when it first came out. But not like Kotor in style or action, imo.

http://www.bioware.com/games/baldurs_gate/screenshots/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

For new players Baldur Gate's might not be so...good. After all they are old games. But if you like BG's, you definetly have to play Planescape Torment, propably best RPG ever. Then comes the Fallout 1 & 2, but they are very old games.

Hmm...

I trust quality of NWN 2. This might even be "New Dawn" for RPG's. So, if you have good ebough machine, check out Neverwinter Nights 2, it is developed by Obsidian Entertainment (you are on their forums if you haven't figured out it yet :o ) and it seems to be top quality.

Also, I suggest that you buy diamond pack (or whatever it's name was, diamond -something here- ) of Neverwinter Nights. It is not so old game as BG's and such, and it is good too. But warning: OT (original campaing) is not good, it sucks, but I suggest that you play it. And first expansion Shadows of Undrentide is better, but it's campaing still isn't much. Second expansion pack, Hordes of the Underdark however, is very, very good campaign. I enjoyed it a lot.

And best part of NWN is it's modding community. I am serious now: Many player created mods are simply fabulous, great, awesome etc. and they are better than Bio's own campaings. Only minus is that there isn't voice acting in most of them (though in some of them there IS voice acting, and not bad either).

No game has IMO such good community as NWN. If you deside to buy NWN diamond edition (or whatever name was) and after completing official campaign, turn your attention to bioware's nwn forums and to this site http://nwvault.ign.com/

Also, in Diamond pack you get 3 (or 4, can't remember did Infinite Dungeons come with it) premium modules, which are modules made by Bioware. I haven't played them, but I've heard that they are ok.

And in NWN there is many so called "Persistent Worlds" which are little bit like MMORPG'S, though without stupid "lolz, I am the pr0, let's go to grind" guys and are free. One very good ROLEPLAY PW is http://www.nwnravenloft.com/ that.

If you aren't familiar with Ravenloft, you could do search in Wikipedia or read from that site. (though in Wiki info is much more easily available for new players. I mean, in that site there is words, names etc. unuseful information unless you are going to play on that site.

And NWN 2 is naturally sequel to this awesome game, and in hands of OE, I trust that it'll be quality. Many great module builders are all ready designing their campaings for NWN 2's toolset, such as Hugie etc.

And propably most Kotor 1 like is Jade Empire, which will become to PC during this year. It was Bioware's Xbox game.

About influence system as it is in Kotor 2: IMO it is only on k2 and NWN 2. It is after all quite new invention.

Oh, and I didn't like them personally, but Icewind Dale 1 & 2 are good games too.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is pure gold, but it is different style than Kotors and such, as it isn't D&D.

I hope that this helps little bit :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)