the wrath of demogorgon

and the guy from bgII:TOB Helm's Hold

im curious, which of his artwork looks better to you???

the Book of Vile Darkness

http://wizards.com/dnd/images/bovd_gallery/88161_620_38.jpg

or the Fiendish Codex: Hordes of the Abyss:

http://wizards.com/dnd/images/fc1_gallery/98446.jpg

for me the FC:HotA looks best as it reminds me of the BG2:TOB artwork

Edited by steelfiredragon

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

BoVD artwork is wrong; the art order somehow got messed up (WotC admitted this).

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

first looks better maybe, but is 'posed to have gibbon heads, not jackal or dog heads. second looks kinda terrible.

there might still be some bio concept drawings for the dg from tob floating 'round the internet. those were pretty spot on... even if we ain't a fan of mike sass work.

linky:

http://bgt.rpguides.de/ToB/Media/hintergrundbilder.htm

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The first one bears less resemblance to the restrictions that corporeal life forms must adhere to.

I prefer the second one.

Metaldigital: what are these restrictions that corporeal life forms must adhere to that you are talking about? I am not a pro when it comes to d&d... :(

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The first one bears less resemblance to the restrictions that corporeal life forms must adhere to.

I prefer the second one.

Metaldigital: what are these restrictions that corporeal life forms must adhere to that you are talking about? I am not a pro when it comes to d&d... o:)

I know Meta well enough, at least from these boards, to be sure he means the real-world physical limitations on physiology.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

• 2 weeks later...

The second one looks like Demogorgon in BG2, but I don't know what he's supposed to look like from any fiction or whatnot. I for one don't care for an uber demon with a couple of baboon heads, however.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

The second one looks like Demogorgon in BG2, but I don't know what he's supposed to look like from any fiction or whatnot. I for one don't care for an uber demon with a couple of baboon heads, however.

Canonically, Demogorgon is supposed to have two babboon heads... At least as is stated in various AD&D/OD&D PnP products.. (not just BG2).

Unless of course things have changed in 3e..

image002.gifLancer