Vampire: Bloodlines.

Darque

MAJOR ENDING SPOILER AHEAD

Also, I was incredibly pissed at one of the endings that involved siding with the French 'Prince" and being blown up by that hippie a$$hole. That was a huge slap to the face. I didn't like that guy to begin with but it really gave me a nasty view on the game that you were just a pawn in this story to get rid of 'teh evil corporate big wig guy'. I was really expecting something bigger out of the story and this ending turned the game from epic to petty revenge story and you are the pawn.

This comment and the others regarding sex and cop killing make me guess you are not familiar with the setting. You see, the WoD isn't a merry place. New vampires are only created with the purpose of being pawns in the power plays of the elders... that's how the setting works. The Camarilla is the losing side in the fight for power in LA, so it makes perfect sense that siding with them gets you blown to pieces by some "hippie a$$hole" (who incidentally is implied to be one of the oldest vampires around, even more than Lacroix). I say kudos to Troika for having the balls to write unconventional endings that mesh so well with the general theme and feel of the setting.

But hey, I guess I'm just grumpy seeing how they went out of business. Obviously people like their games trite and well cliched, with endings so terribly predictable that you can guess how it's going to end from chapter one. And I'm not being sarcastic here.

As for the sex, meh. It's just an option. Very little room for love and typical romancing in this setting, though. Getting VV to become obsessed with you would be the closest you can get, I'd say.

The cop killing thing, I can agree with. While humans are often regarded as little more than cattle, you should be given the choice not to kill anyone. After all, not every vampire is a psycho killer. To me, the ever increasing focus on combat of the game as the story progresses is one of its biggest flaws.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If you side with Lacroix, it turns out that the whole sarcophagus business was just a plot by Dread Pirate Jack to send the Camarilla packing. As you stand side by side with Lacroix in his final moment of triumph, you watch the sarcophagus open in horror... as it's chock full of plastic explosive, with a note from Jack sending his regards. The last scene has Jack enjoying his cigar and a nice view of the blazing inferno the Lacroix tower has become.

I thought it was pretty cool. I sure as hell didn't expect that.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If you side with Lacroix, it turns out that the whole sarcophagus business was just a plot by Dread Pirate Jack to send the Camarilla packing. As you stand side by side with Lacroix in his final moment of triumph, you watch the sarcophagus open in horror... as it's chock full of plastic explosive, with a note from Jack sending his regards. The last scene has Jack enjoying his cigar and a nice view of the blazing inferno the Lacroix tower has become.

He's not only enjoying a cigar. He's enjoying a cigar with the owner of the sarchophagus! Sure he's just a mummified king, but it was funny.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

The Camarilla ending was a very, very pleasant surprise.

I hate how all endings seemingly must be happy, happy endings.

The Kuei-Jin ending was also disturbing. Given the cirumstances, it's probably the crappiest one for the PC.

Edited by alanschu

He's not only enjoying a cigar. He's enjoying a cigar with the owner of the sarchophagus! Sure he's just a mummified king, but it was funny.

Yeah that was pretty cool. Who's the other dude?

Spreading beauty with my katana.

The Kuei-Jin ending was also disturbing.  Given the cirumstances, it's probably the crappiest one for the PC.

You don't say? :D

That was my first ending in that game. Very very creepy :ph34r:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah that was pretty cool.  Who's the other dude?
That's the cabbie. He is supposed to be Caine himself. White Wolf later retconned the whole thing in some novel, explaining he's actually some antediluvian posing as Caine or something equally lame.

"Obviously people like their games trite and well cliched, with endings so terribly predictable that you can guess how it's going to end from chapter one."

I found this ending anti climatic; and it's as cliched an ending as it comes. It's not the first story to have an ending like that.

Anyways, not a bad ending; but overall the end games of BL were not the best endings. But, they certainly weren't the worst endings either.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah that was pretty cool.  Who's the other dude?
That's the cabbie. He is supposed to be Caine himself. White Wolf later retconned the whole thing in some novel, explaining he's actually some antediluvian posing as Caine or something equally lame.

There were actually three "people" in that scene.

Jack smoking a cigar in a lawn chair, Messerach (the mummified king) in a chair next to him, and the cabbie talking about all flows according to the will of Caine or some such.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I found this ending anti climatic; and it's as cliched an ending as it comes. It's not the first story to have an ending like that.
Yep. It's anticlimactic, at least if you want to think that the PC is the center of the plot, but this is debatable.

And no, it's not cliched. There's a difference between that story not being the first to ever end like that, and it being a cliche.

I would guess it would be bad for you. Those who betray their own, will not be accepted by the people they helped. You were a tool that was used and now will be disgarded. They probably kill you or imprison you.

My assumption on that ending.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.