Vampire: Bloodlines.

Darque

I think the most challening part of the whole game, definatly the section where I died the most, is that walkway over by Gary that is over a pit of acid. There is a section off it, where it hooks and dibs, I always fell off. Not sure if it is a bug, bad level design, or just tricky for me but I died like 3 times there. As there is no way to get out of the pit I can find. I have to crouch and inch forward to get past it with certainty. :thumbsup:

I did that once also. After that I usually jumped around on that bridge instead of walking normally across.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I think the most challening part of the whole game, definatly the section where I died the most, is that walkway over by Gary that is over a pit of acid. There is a section off it, where it hooks and dibs, I always fell off. Not sure if it is a bug, bad level design, or just tricky for me but I died like 3 times there. As there is no way to get out of the pit I can find. I have to crouch and inch forward to get past it with certainty. :thumbsup:

I did that once also. After that I usually jumped around on that bridge instead of walking normally across.

Jumpings a bit tricky too, cuz it hooks alot with no gaurd rail.

It happened to me twice in a row and the third time was a while later, after I had forgotten about it.

I just walked over. I didn't even know you could drop from there.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 1 month later...

VtM Wiki Found this while browsing my search of Bloodline related sites. Pretty informative.

...However, Troika's inability to find revenue from another project had already forced the developer to lay off all its employees in two waves, except for the three owners: Jason Anderson, Leonard Boyarsky and Tim Cain. Fortunately, several employees stayed on without pay to work on the Version 1.2 patch, which after another three-week round of testing, was released on December 22, 2004.

They had some dedicated employees, I would have to say.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

And in it's place added bland generic clans and even more craptastic bloodlines. :)

They could have easily adapted the old WoD to the new rules and had a really fine game, or even included the old WoD backstory as an optional "world"... but no, they chose the WotC way of spamming crap as fast as humanly possible (w00t)

Gehenna I didn't like about Masquerade. O NOES! The end times is upon us. An Antidiluvian walks amonst us.

It made for a great backstory :)

Where WW went wrong is how they handled the backstory and then shoved it down everyones throats... with lame novels (or so I hear) and even lamer "main characters". <_<

I was upset that the Werewolf game dropped, back when advertised in the Vampire: Redemption game. But its another thought for a game like Bloodlines.

Vampire the Masquerade is the only setting I really got into. Started in Live-Action games in 1997 I think, but enjoyed the computer games for them. Hated the Hunter games. I'd be up for a Mummy game, just another idea.

Markaela

Maybe Gehenna was too forced, but it felt out of place in the game for me.

As for customisation, there's tons of options available in the game. Each of the 5 clans (Daeva, Nosferatu, Ventrue, Mekhet, Gangrel) has about 2 dozen bloodlines that have their own rich flavour and vampiric characteristics.

The societies you join seem more interesting to me than the Camarilla (nice name) vs Sabaat etc. Masquerade had subsocieties within those but they felt too exclusive and hard to get into whereas Requiem has well defined societies with different objectives. I noticed quite a few have their own pagan/magic thing going on.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

lol they're under the Ventrue set now. I was surprised that Requiem's drawback for the Ventrue is that they're susceptible to madness (don't get a reroll of dice).

The Daeva (close to Toreador) which is my clan anyway are pretty awesome. They're a force in combat (Celerity + Vigour) and have a neat roleplaying mind charm/seduce skill. Can't wait to play that.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Requiem sounds cool, but I sort of miss the ton of lore and baclground fluff that Redemption acquired during it's lifetime. The whole world was seeped in supernatural forces and the whole apocalyptic doom theme was beyond awesome.

Edit: That said, I'm so going to play Requiem if I ever get the change.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Mixed feelings about this game. There were things I really loved but at the same time I can understand why Troika went out of business. Can't these guys release a game without a million bugs that make quests uncompletable? There were at least 3 quests that were glitched for me during the course of the game, neither of them major game completion quests but it was still maddening. The load times were awful too, but I wasn't surprised as Half Life 2, using the same source engine, had similar problems. Doom 3 and FEAR both load much faster and smoother. I know, Bloodlines is a RPG and more stuff to put in memory etc... but still.

Also, fictional violence is all fun and good, but I was really getting tired of the anti-Bush jabs. You don't like the current administration, want to hide impeachbush easter eggs in the computer, fine, but joking about killing the man is another thing. I can just imagine Troika sitting around thinking it would be hilarious to add in dialogue options to send a vampire off to stake the president. Maybe I'm the only one who didn't find it funny.

Note: This is NOT an attempt to promote political talk about current administration or anything like it. I just don't like joking about killing real people. Maybe you hate the presidents guts, I know I've hated various ones and am certainly not pleased about certain aspects of this administration, but I don't think killing someone because I disagree with them is funny. If people want to discuss this further, PLEASE DO NOT TURN IT INTO A POLITICAL DISCUSSION OF POLICY, stick to if these kinds of jabs are acceptable or not.

I could have overlooked these jabs, but then I saw a billboard with the developers feelings about how awful violence is and how we have to stop real world violence, yet they've created a game that wallows in gore and the darker side of humanity and added jokes about killing real world people. Mixed messages guys.

MAJOR ENDING SPOILER AHEAD

Also, I was incredibly pissed at one of the endings that involved siding with the French 'Prince" and being blown up by that hippie a$$hole. That was a huge slap to the face. I didn't like that guy to begin with but it really gave me a nasty view on the game that you were just a pawn in this story to get rid of 'teh evil corporate big wig guy'. I was really expecting something bigger out of the story and this ending turned the game from epic to petty revenge story and you are the pawn.

All these little things added together have stopped me from giving the game a second play through. It was funny, but as my Malkavian went up in flames and that hippie puke laughed and the credits started to roll... I was glad Troika went out in flames and was wondering how Tim Caine and co. had gone from perfection (fallout) to Temple of Elemental Evil and this.

I'd have to say Troika's shining moment was Arcanum and even that game had major glitches and flaws (the combat system). Temple of Elemental Evil was a beautiful game, engine and music wise, but had some of the worst dialog, voice acting and bugs I've ever seen in a game. I never even managed to complete it thanks to obnoxious voice acting and npcs who would pick so much crap up that they couldn't move anymore and wouldn't sell it or pass it to me.

Maybe I'll try the game again sometime when the bad memories die down, give it another chance. My first impressions were not very good though, other than the crazy Malkavian stuff like the TV guy talking to me.