Vampire: Bloodlines.

Darque

Much like how I didn't mind that there were widening crosshairs in games like Deus Ex (or Rainbow Six/SWAT/Ghost Recon/etc), I didn't care about the lack of perfect accuracy in Bloodlines.

Deus Ex? As I remember it, the weapons moved by themselves but the sights were static..? Maybe that was only when you looked through a scope.

Deus Ex definitely had variable crosshairs. If you had poor skill with that weapon, they would shrink, but very, very slowly. The better your skill, the less wide they would get while moving.

There was a bobble when you looked through a scope.

I think it sucks. I want to aim myself (I hate when I aim correctly but the game decides that I miss, without explanation) but I want the damage I inflict to be based on my skill. A much more intelligent, smooth and intuitive system.

You must have hated fallout, morrowind, Baldur's gate, Planescape and every other none console rpg out there... where you click on an enemy and miss, without explanation....

Welcome to RPGs :lol:

It's different when it's in first-person...like if you see your weapon hit, it should be a hit. It doesn't bother me in 2-D games but with a game like Bloodlines, where you've got a ****load of enemies around, you don't want to be pissing about watching your gun miss from point-blank range.

Errr. In games like Deus Ex and Bloodlines, your weapon doesn't actually hit. In these games, if your bullet hits, you will do damage. It's just that your bullets don't go directly towards the center of your crosshair.

Morrowind was a game where you not only had to "hit" with your manual aim, but the game would decide if it was a "hit" or not. If that's the stuff that you guys are complaining about, then I wholeheartedly agree.

The fan patches do not fix anything.

Not 100% correct. They do fix things like broken dialog and quest triggers. But as said above they do also mod the game. Some good changes others debatable.

If I want mods I would download mods. If I want something that fixes the game's errors that is what I want, they did not have to add their mods to the fix pack IMO.

mdyiny06ana8kv.gif

Through inner peace leads to enlightenment.

Baldur's Gate Modding

Not 100% correct. They do fix things like broken dialog and quest triggers. But as said above they do also mod the game. Some good changes others debatable.

If I want mods I would download mods. If I want something that fixes the game's errors that is what I want, they did not have to add their mods to the fix pack IMO.

When did I disagree? I was factually correcting him.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

When did I disagree? I was factually correcting him.

Sorry it was not a rant at you, just ranting about how those involved in the fix packs decided to add in their own alterations.

mdyiny06ana8kv.gif

Through inner peace leads to enlightenment.

Baldur's Gate Modding

Day 4 part 1 :)

Finished the mansion... that was painful :(

Go go Celerity FTW again :)

I had to let Heather go :( Didn't want to take advantage of this bloodbond thing :(

Thankfully I got to do a combat mission for the gunrunner that made me feel a little better :)

When is Darque getting to Hades' werewolf?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

:( You let Heather go??

I couldn't take her college money :( Or let her quit school :(

I mean I only fed her the blood originally to save her life...

I got 1 humanity for doing it, so it was probably the correct thing to do anyway.

You sorry excuse for a vampire :)

Spoiler: (You might make a different decision in your next game)

If you keep exploiting Heather, she will eventually make a nice armour for you, which you can't get otherwise (unless you are a Nosferatu)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Day 4 part 1 :)

Finished the mansion... that was painful :(

How do you like your vamp? Medium or well done?

Go go Celerity FTW again :)

I had to let Heather go :( Didn't want to take advantage of this bloodbond thing :(

:o  My silly girl, why? You should let her go shortly before the end of the game, but in the mean time you could enjoy her company.

Thankfully I got to do a combat mission for the gunrunner that made me feel a little better :)

It's fun to take on a bunch of baddies.    :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Just started my own game... I convinced bum #2 on the beach that killing the head vampire with a holy stake was going to make him human. Or getting a transfusion of three packs of Unicorn blood would do the same.

So far I've sold him two of my blood packs.

I'm running as a female toreadore, to get the booomsticks I seduced my way to the drug dealer and seduced him but drained him dry. I kept both sisters alive, and was able to convince the pawn dealer to sell me guns (thank jesus for taking REALLY high seduction)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

:) You let Heather go??

I got 1 humanity for doing it, so it was probably the correct thing to do anyway.

If you keep exploiting Heather, she will eventually make a nice armour for you, which you can't get otherwise (unless you are a Nosferatu)

And you can have her change her look. :(

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

:) You let Heather go??

And you can have her change her look. :(

to gothic, college chic, or streewalker without the miniskirt...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

How do you like your vamp? Medium or well done?

I almost didn't make it :(

I had to Celerity my way past everything :( With only a teensy bit of life left :(

:o  My silly girl, why? You should let her go shortly before the end of the game, but in the mean time you could enjoy her company.

I didn't feel right about it.

It's fun to take on a bunch of baddies.    :o

You got that right. :)

I just finished the museum... had to turn it into a slaughterhouse though :)

Plus I had to deal with an ex-ghoul :) On the upside I feel better about sending heather off now. :) That vamp blood really messes a person up it seems :)

Go go morals and humanity :)