Vampire: Bloodlines.

Darque

I remember the guns sucking really badly =]

Well, it's more of an RPG than an actual shooter. Guns in the game do suck if you haven't invested in being good with them, as that's what primarily determines if you hit what you're aiming at. I think that aspect threw a lot of people off for some reason, although it shouldn't have, as your character's skill influencing how good a weapon potentially can be, is the norm in RPGs. My Torreador owned with guns.

I remember the guns sucking really badly =]

Well, it's more of an RPG than an actual shooter. Guns in the game do suck if you haven't invested in being good with them, as that's what primarily determines if you hit what you're aiming at. I think that aspect threw a lot of people off for some reason, although it shouldn't have, as your character's skill influencing how good a weapon potentially can be, is the norm in RPGs. My Torreador owned with guns.

I think it's an awesome concept, and more games should use it.

I remember the guns sucking really badly >_<

I think it sucks. I want to aim myself (I hate when I aim correctly but the game decides that I miss, without explanation) but I want the damage I inflict to be based on my skill. A much more intelligent, smooth and intuitive system.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ah well, I can live with the Katana I know I'll find then >_<

The katana is a great weapon to have in your melee arsenal. >_<

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The fruitloop mansion is kind of cool.

Crazy malkavians.

Alistair Grout.... My rolemodel >_

A real shame that Malkavians can't chose to squat in his basement instead of the other living arrangements.

Otherwise, I disagree with all those who disagree. I found that it made sense that my characters stats decided how effective I was with a gun. The mouse pointer should only be used to point out which opponont should suffer the full (burstmode) impact of your wrath >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Much like how I didn't mind that there were widening crosshairs in games like Deus Ex (or Rainbow Six/SWAT/Ghost Recon/etc), I didn't care about the lack of perfect accuracy in Bloodlines.

I felt the crosshair gave a pretty good indication of the cone that your gun would fire in, and never really had a problem with using firearms. Once you get a decent firearm skill, many weapons have the crosshair turn into a circle, at which point they are exceptionally accurate.

Much like how I didn't mind that there were widening crosshairs in games like Deus Ex (or Rainbow Six/SWAT/Ghost Recon/etc), I didn't care about the lack of perfect accuracy in Bloodlines.

Deus Ex? As I remember it, the weapons moved by themselves but the sights were static..? Maybe that was only when you looked through a scope.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guns in the game do suck if you haven't invested in being good with them, as that's what primarily determines if you hit what you're aiming at.  I think that aspect threw a lot of people off for some reason, although it shouldn't have, as your character's skill influencing how good a weapon potentially can be, is the norm in RPGs.  My Torreador owned with guns.

I think it sucks. I want to aim myself (I hate when I aim correctly but the game decides that I miss, without explanation) but I want the damage I inflict to be based on my skill. A much more intelligent, smooth and intuitive system.

For once we agree, the "how come I missed by a mile when I was aiming right at him?!" sensation of Deus Ex ruined the gameplay completely for me... as do all games that give the appearance that you have exact control but you dont.

examples.. Gothic 2 was horrible( it felt lke my character suffered from somekind of nerve disease until I reached lvl15 or so) but Oblivion managed to do it quite nicely although its stil clunky.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Completely agree with Kaftan and Mkreku.

If I'm aiming at something, I expect to hit it. Nothing more frustrating than emptying a clip at something 10 feet away and failing to hit the damn thing once while you've had the mouse pointed directly at the target's upper body.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

You must have hated fallout, morrowind, Baldur's gate, Planescape and every other none console rpg out there... where you click on an enemy and miss, without explanation....

Welcome to RPGs :blink:

You must have hated fallout, morrowind, Baldur's gate, Planescape and every other none console rpg out there... where you click on an enemy and miss, without explanation....

Welcome to RPGs :lol:

It's different when it's in first-person...like if you see your weapon hit, it should be a hit. It doesn't bother me in 2-D games but with a game like Bloodlines, where you've got a ****load of enemies around, you don't want to be pissing about watching your gun miss from point-blank range.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

The fan patches do not fix anything.

Not 100% correct. They do fix things like broken dialog and quest triggers. But as said above they do also mod the game. Some good changes others debatable.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta