What are you playing ...

Haha... this game is so much like Resident Evil, it's amazing how Capcom didn't sue Squaresoft.

Everything is just so damn similar, even the item storing method (though I makes a bit more sense in this game). Very fun so far though.

Haha... this game is so much like Resident Evil, it's amazing how Capcom didn't sue Squaresoft.

Everything is just so damn similar, even the item storing method (though I makes a bit more sense in this game).  Very fun so far though.

I'd heard that it was similar.

But at that point Survival Horror was it's own Genre... and as I recall Capcom didn't even invent it.

Everything is just so damn similar, even the item storing method (though I makes a bit more sense in this game).  Very fun so far though.

But at that point Survival Horror was it's own Genre... and as I recall Capcom didn't even invent it.

Yeah, I remember playing Crypt of Medea on the Apple ][, back in 1984 ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Alone in the Dark is classic ;)

I remember hating that game because I could never survive the first room. I think I managed to get out without being killed on like my 14th try.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, I realize Survival Horror games were pretty damn stagnant gameplay wise awhile back. Just some of the similarities are incredible... You shoot by pressing Square to take aim and L1 to fire... You store you items in the same kind of magical crate (though, this one doesn't magicly travel everywhere)... Instead of finding people mutating into zombies in some fictional town in the middle of nowhere, you find people mutating into monsters in a real town (in a fictional situation) in the middle of nowhere. I just find it really funny.

So far though, this is the little RE clone that I wish I had played a long time ago. It's such a good game so far. The story is quiet good (probably being enhanced for me because I'm playing it straight after PE), the characters a quiet a bit more realistic (Assuming you can swallow the hole magic mitochondria thing) the customization is way beyond anything RE did (until 4 anyways) and you can really take your pick on how you want to play. There is plenty of ammo if you want to kill everything in sight or you can take the stealth route and avoid (most) combat.

EDIT - The only real thing that it doesn't have is that survival aspect of RE... Since your magic can keep you alive those tense moments aren't there....

Edited by Haitoku

I've just finished the main quest in Oblivion as a melee fighter - he did the Fighter's Guild as well, so I'm going to test the replayability of this game by starting again as a magic user character. Shame the main story isn't a little more compelling. Don't get me wrong, it's an improvement on Morrowind, but still... >_<

I've tried to replay Bloodlines a few times, but can't really get back into it. I played through three or four times when I first got it, so maybe I need to wait another year or two until it feels fresh. I'd really love to be able to take a character through who was skilled in guns and never needed to use melee.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Nope, I've gone back to Bloodlines :shifty:

Malkavians are hilarious :)

They are a fun clan to play. Their insight reveals some information on people you meet that normally would not show up with the other clans.

Now playing Kotor 2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester