What are you playing ...

Ans.

• Because when it gets too big it will need to be closed and the next one opened,
    AND
  • Because the topic is always on the first page anyhow.

:)

I think I'll go and play Episode One, followed by some more Space Rangers 2 (as I don't have a powerful enough GPU to play FEAR, Quake 4 and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory at acceptable resolutions ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

PC: Unreal Tourmanet 1999

Xbox360: Oblivion

PS2: Suikoden V

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is there some rule about a thread being too many pages or something? It's only 24 pages on my settings. heheh

And I'm still playing the Strongholds...all of them.

Edit: I ask cause since I believe only the viewed page is loaded at one time, length of the entire thread doesn't impact loading for people? Does it affect the server somehow? I've seen threads 300+ pages long on some forums. :(

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

About to start a BG2 anew which means a spot of preliminary mod installing is in order.

So far I'm thinking ease of use, ascension, banter and (if I'm feeling a little fruity) flirt pack. Gonna have a good trawl through the mod list though, its been a while, I'm out of the BG loop.

DOOM 3.

...And it makes sense to lock and restart these threads. Although I've heard that the board software here is better than on the IP boards, I'd rather not have the meltdown happen here like it did there. Long threads make for potential instability.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I guess that was my question...of course it's up to the board administration, heh, but I was just curious if there was an actual tech reason to avoid huge threads. Sounds like there is, at least with some software.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmm, let's see.

I'm slowly going through the scenarios in Take Command - 2nd Manassas and Hearts of Iron II - Doomsday (the campaigns - the 1936 one, specifically - will have to wait until I'm done with the scenarios).

I just got Airborne Assault - Conquest of the Aegean yesterday, so I'm still going through the bloody 500-page manual before tackling the tutorials.

As for the Combat Mission games, I'm going through Beyond Overlord against the AI, and mopping the floor with alanschu's face via PBEM in Barbarossa to Berlin. Africa Korps is currently on hold.

I'm also going through Ocarina of Time. Just about to tackle the first dungeon as adult Link.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm having trouble playing Pariah. The game starts up fine but when it gets to the title screen it goes blank. I can hear the music playing but nothing else happens. The first time I started the game up the system rebooted, I don't know if that's got anything to do with it.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

I guess that was my question...of course it's up to the board administration, heh, but I was just curious if there was an actual tech reason to avoid huge threads. Sounds like there is, at least with some software.

Yes. Page 20 of a thread takes up much more space than page 1 in any thread; despite size or stuff included. Thus it makes sense to lock bigger threads and restart to save space.

Altough I am not quite sure on the specifics...

During "my days" we agreed with a 40 pages max. to any thread...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Interesting. I've always liked 40-50 pages because I find people tend to be intimidated by really long threads and it's easier to make new ones. But the really long ones I've seen haven't caused me any loading issues. I suppose some laggy boards are because they have hundreds of too-long threads rather than just a few now and then?

Anyway, thanks for the info.

P.S. I find these boards to be the fastest-loading forums ever, consistently, btw. I figured it was their server power...

Edited by LadyCrimson

Not sure why that it is, but thread size could be only one thing. Other things indeed could be:

Server power

Amount of pics posted on those boards

Forum Software (invision is faster than most other stuff)

Smaller avatars and sigs (well; in general)

etc.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee