What will Bush do?

Meshugger

A week ago, former president Bill Clinton was visiting a Tampere University here in Finland to do a speech about globalization, foreign policies and the future of world affairs. While this sounds like something that i would expect Clinton do after his presidency, but what would Bush do? Would he do the same? Or would he join his dad at the Carlyle group? Invest in the stockmarket? return to Oil-business? Or would he actually write a book, travel to univerities around the world, doing speeches about the current and future state of foreign affairs?

Especially, what do YOU think? In a serious matter ofcourse.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I imagine he'll go back to his Texas ranch and laugh and laugh. :thumbsup:

Or lectures at military academies, perhaps? I hear he only gives speeches to military audiences now, because they're not allowed to boo him.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The lecture circuit is a very lucrative affair. I can easily see Bush doing the rounds talking about something. Don't know what though... :thumbsup:

It is very lucrative. IIRC, the 1,5h lecture had a pricetag of 8000

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Personally, i think that he will join his dad at the carlyle group. Judging from his character, he doesn't seem like the idealistic president that would travel around and preach the word, so to say.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

In a serious matter ofcourse.

:thumbsup:

Come on, Bush jokes are so 2000 :blink:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

How about nothing? Isn't it what he always has done?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Bush is one of the most idealistic presidents we've had. Seriously, he was in good shape to retire comfortably before he took office. Cheney, of course, is stinking filthy rich.

I always hated it when Republicans demonized Clinton. I thought it was petty and small minded. It's good to see that Republicans aren't the only ones for whom a large vocabulary substitutes for insight.

At any rate, I believe he'll do what most presidents do. He'll lecture in and out of the country. He'll continue to champion his own vision of education. Hopefully, with little effect, since his vision on education is warped. He'll probably be a bit more muted than Clinton and considerably more muted than Carter.

EDIT: Stuck Gore in there for Clinton. An insult to Clinton, to be sure.

Edited by Eldar

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I just realized Bush Jr. is kinda like FDR.

FDR was President while trying to disguise the fact he could barely walk. Bush is President while trying to disguise he can barely think.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

i still love all the "bush am dumb" jokes... never mind he outscored both of his competitors for office on various tests/grades. speaks volumes it does...

taks

comrade taks... just because.