Pictures of your Games: Revolutions

umm the worlds most deadly chaplain, and the titan dominautus' weapon (from what i've inferenced it's a weaker weapon too :lol: )

Silly question but why do you have a Space Marine chaplain commanding your Guard?

for the last part of the imperial guards campaign you get a contingent of space marines. They were there to protect the titans crew.

and yes I used a made up word... what of it?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

LudensCasse2.jpg

THis screenshot actually isn't mine, but since the game is the same and my uploading possibilities stay so low, that's al you gonna get. Still looks sweet though.

Here's another:

LudensCasse6.jpg

Casse warriors in both screens.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Musopt, what game is that? It looks like a Braveheart game or something. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

re:Total War - hmm, looking at other screenshots, looks like the battles would be awesomely fun...might be a bit too hc-strategy for me tho. I might give it a whirl.

re:Setzer's pic - hehe, I remember that spot in the game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, it's a total conversion for Rome:Total War, called Europa Barbarorum. Very hard, very fun.

The original game, what purists call "vanilla"(I just call it RTW), isn't all that difficult. The combat dynamics, like fatigue, morale and height are pretty sensible and anyone can pick the game up. There's also a decent empire building sim there, which the demos don't have, since they are all combat. Well worth looking into if you are a strategy gamer. And, since it's you, Miss Dungeon Keeper, I have no doubt you wouldn't like the Total War games. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I must object. EB is not hard. :huh:

I enjoyed the open beta but found that the most glaring faults of RTW can't be fixed by modders (i.e. hardcoded) - the stupid AI and the monotonous, shallow nature of the campaign, both of which are exacerbated by major gameplay changes. Still, it is an excellent mod.

Right now I'm trying the Chivalry beta, medieval > *, even if my Byzantine Emperors have Muslim names.

edit: who recognises this mod?

post-150-1150122923_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tigranes

There's also a decent empire building sim there

That alone are words that will make me buy a game just to check it out. heh I like strategy games, but I'm kind of a turtle gamer and many strategy games are too hurried in pace for my liking.

the stupid AI

Is there such a thing as smart game AI? :huh: Even AI that seems pretty good at first surprise ends up being predictable and easy after you sense the patterns.

Yes, but this is actually quite special. Take a look at this picture, then try to guess what happened. Then read the spoiler.

The army came into the range of my siege onagers, then proceeded to stand EXACTLY still. I expended all my ammo on the siege onagers. This took 10 minutes. Then I took this screenshot, and afterwards used my archers' ammo too. Soon afterwards, the AI general decided the odds were now against him, and retreated.

post-150-1150125042_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tigranes

I don't get it...is that an example of smart or stupid AI? Because as I understand it, the AI was dense enough to stand still for a really long time, apparently doing nothing while you were attacking? I don't think I'd count retreating after standing around picking my nose watching my forces be decimated as smart.

Edit: never mind, I get it I think...your "Yes.." confused me, I thought that was "yes there can be smart AI" when I suspect you meant "yes most AI is stupid but the AI in this game is even worse than usual?..."

Edited by LadyCrimson

I just killed everything in that game with Wardogs. Hundreds and hundreds of Wardogs. Hell, my little ol' Wardogs even took down several battallions of Elephants. Though it wasn't as cool to watch as when I stuck the Elephants with arrows and spears.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

post-2035-1150160922_thumb.jpg

Quake 4 anyone?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Praise the Emperor!

post-2035-1150181999_thumb.jpg

- Everlast