Need advise on characher building

Hi everybody,

I've just installed Kotor II. I was a great fan of Kotor I and I have great expectation...

Well, I'm thinking about my character: call me a power player, but when I play RPG I want to take the most from my character in terms of power, items, dialogue options and special quest.

I play games only once (do't have much time) so I try to take everything form the game at the first occasion. Charachter bulding is very important to reach that goal.

I would like to play a melee doublebladed Jedi wich is also good with skills (I've read that they are very important for dialogues and side quest) and at least average with force powers. Reading some faq on the net I understand the my choice should be a Sentinel/Weapon Master.

I was going for a setupe like that: 15 Str, 10 Dex, 14 Con, 14 Int, Wis 12, Cha 12. I would put the first char point on strenght and the rest in Con for the implants. I was just asking my self if Wis and Cha are too low with a setup like that.

On feat I will concentrate on two hand fighting, flurry (or critical strike?), Jedi Defense and the repair feat to spend less point.

On skill: Persuade, Awareness, Repair, Computer and Demolition (but I was thinking to concentrate on that skill only after I take the Weapon Master Pr Class).

What's your adivse? Is a good setup to have a full Kotor II experience or should I change something?

Le me know :blink:

Bye,

Federico.

If you want to play k2 only once, you should wait until Team Gizka finishes TSLRP, which restores ending etc. and repairs MANY bugs.

And of course, you can't have anything in one playthrough anyway.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

You could also take a Sentinel with Str 14, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, and Cha 10. Have 2 more points inside Strength from leveling up later and another 4 into Wisdom when playing.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

You could also take a Sentinel with Str 14, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, and Cha 10. Have 2 more points inside Strength from leveling up later and another 4 into Wisdom when playing.

First of all: thanks! Second: why the spoiler?

Well my character in Kotor I was very similar, beside the fact that he was a Guardian with 16 in Dex, 10 in Strengh, the Finesse feat and less Intelligence... But in Kotor II the bonus of the finesse feat has decreased (no bonus on damage), skills are more important (so you need Int) and I hear a lot of talking about implants...

Considering that imho you have to choose between strenght and dex, what about a Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12/14, Int 14, Wis 14 and Cha 14/12?

Spoiler:

Why 2 points in Str and 4 in Wis? Are there more then 5 point with bonus from levelling up?

I suggest consular as your starting class. You will get more FPs, better DCs on your powers, and boost to wisdom from mastery, which complements your WM very nicely. Sentinel is fine too.

I would simply put wis at 14 and cha at 10. Why? In K2, cha does not add to your mana pool. 12 charisma will buy you a measly -1 discount on DS powers, so forget about it.

For a LS character, you will be able to get 1 free increase to con, and 2 increases to wisdom from your party members.

Feats: max out TWF fighting ASAP. For combat feats, I suggest critical strike or power attack. Both have their advanatages and disadvanatges, but both will really pump up your damage output by end game.

While K1 favored the double bladed sabre, K2 clearly favors the dual (long/short) sabre combo. This is because you have more crystals that you can use to upgrade your stats. Also, if you use power attack or critical strike, you will benefit from the added critical threat range of the 2 sword setup. You should at all times have a keen crystal upgrade of some kind on each sabre. Once you get the Shien and Ataru sabre forms, you will be unstoppable.

Other feats: master toughness, master jedi defense

Skills;

Persuade: most important, get it to 20 at least

Repair: get it to 20. This is needed to maximize item breakdown efficiency and to repair T3. If you start as a sentinal, take class skill repair at level 3.

Computer: raise it to 10 apporximately. You need 15 to repair T3 and can get it there from item boosts

Demolitions: 2 points at creation. That's enough to recover all the mines on Peragus

Security: 1 point at creation, you'll handle 90% of the locks with that

Stealth: only for assassins and watchmen, forget about it

treat injury: leftovers go here

awareness: leftovers go here, 5 is good, 10 is plenty

Powers: get energy resitance and stun droid early, then focus on healing, speed and valor lines. Stasis and force push won't start hitting until you are around level 15 due to low DCs (unless you are a consular). Get affect mind for more dialogue options, but skip dominate mind since it's mostly DS. By the end of the game, get the armor line and if you have any leftovers, go with battle meditation or maybe force lightning.

Items: for a str build, don't worry about getting hit. You will get hit, so live with it. Wear the jedi armors with energy absorption underlays. By the end game, you can absorb close to 75% of the damage you take, just from items. If think the jedi armors look girlie, play a girl!

Edited by mr_raider

Regarding implants, stat bonuses from them can actually be found on other items as well, meaning that points could be devoted to other stats. Another thing is that your personal crystal can easily supply you with + bonuses to stats including attributes like Wisdom, Strength and Dexterity and these increase as your PC levels up to a maximum level of 40+.

For skills, Repair and Persuade are basic ones that you will find useful throughout K2. Others are ones that characters like Kreia and Bao-Dur already have.

There is no Jedi class that is necessarily superior to others, but is based on what you like.

Finding crystals might be hard in K2, as items are randomly generated, but would not worry much about that as you will likely find at least 3 or more and Nar Shadda's item dealers will carry some of them. Some lightsaber items are crafted based on skills, so part of damage will come from such upgrade items.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I suggest consular as your starting class. You will get more FPs, better DCs on your powers, and boost to wisdom from mastery, which complements your WM very nicely. Sentinel is fine too.

I would simply put wis at 14 and cha at 10. Why? In K2, cha does not add to your mana pool. 12 charisma will buy you a measly -1 discount on DS powers, so forget about it.

For a LS character, you will be able to get 1 free increase to con, and 2 increases to wisdom from your party members.

I was considering the consular/weapon master too! It's a very intriguing path...

In case I make this choice, what stat setup would you advise me and where would you put the 5 bonus point that you take form levelling up?

Bye,

Federico.

If you want to max out on skills - your initial build choice is the way to go.

Security and Demolitions will allow you to gain more XP throughout the game (each mine recovered / door opened will net 10XP per your current level this may not sound like much, but it's 1% of your progression to the next level ... in one particular map high skills in these area are worth over 50% of a level).

Persuade and Awareness will open the most dialog options (until you're happy with other skills, ~10 is plenty).

Repair (at the work bench), Demolition and Treat Injury (at the lab station) will allow you to break down items more efficiently (20 for max efficiency).

All skills (except persuade) will allow you to build more powerful upgrades for your gear (or more powerful gear) some of the best equipment requires skills higher than 30 ... there are items which can improve skills significantly as well.

Computer Use is only useful in a handful of situations (but is needed to build lots of the cool items, and for a T3-M4 side quest).

Stealth is a waste.

STR is good for to hit/damage with melee weapons (but maxing it may not be the best course ... lots of disagreement about this, but the handful of points you gain from your base STR score are probably better applied elsewhere, especially when there are so many items, feats, etc. that will boost damage (and STR) in other ways).

DEX is good for defense, to hit with ranged weapons, and to hit with melee weapons (with the Weapon Finesse feat) ... I usually push DEX.

CON is good for VP and Implants ... you'll need 18 to use the coolest Implants, but 16 is really good enough.

INT is good for skill points ... 14 is good enough ... it gets you +2 SP/level.

WIS is good for Force Power potency and saves ... there are a handful of items that will boost WIS (most are guaranteed finds) ... WIS is particularly useful for light side male PC's ... I usually push WIS after DEX.

CHA is good for Force Power potency and saves, and beefs up Persuade (but the Force Persuade powers open more dialog options) ... 12 is really plenty, 14 is definitely enough ... the FP cost for LS using DS powers (and vice versa) is not really significant, as you'll rarely find yourself running out of FP, and certain items can be found that will increase FP regeneration, further reducing the need.

You really need to play the game at least twice to see most of the major options (once as LSM, once as DSF) ... after that, the replay value drops (especially if you've got a good walk through guide and get the most out of the game the first two times).

I was considering the consular/weapon master too! It's a very intriguing path...

In case I make this choice, what stat setup would you advise me and where would you put the 5 bonus point that you take form levelling up?

Bye,

Federico.

Str build:

str: 14

dex: 10

con: 15

int: 14

wis: 14

cha: 10

If you want con 18 implants, raise con twice. If you want con 16 implants, leave it as is. Put the other increases in str. You will get 7 increases if you make it to level 28.

dex build:

just swap str and dex, and take finesse lightsaber at level 12.

This assumes a LS path. A DS path will give additional bonuses to con and strength, allowing you a lower starting con.

Also, study the following influence guides, to help you get the desired boosts in attributes:

http://www.starwarsknights.com/influence.php