7950GX2 for $582

Hehe, I remebver that when Voodoo went ape just before they crashed. They released a card with six GPU's that never made it to retail, didnt they?

It was a 4 chip variant known as the Voodoo 6500

Well, if it drops to a couple hundred dollars, I might pick up one.  Can I SLI it with my 7900GTX?

:p Interesting question... that would make it a 3-card system! I really have no idea if it would work. :p At any rate GTX prices will always be significantly lower than GX2 prices, so if the GX2 really crashes it might make more sense to pick up an additional GTX instead, with its far superior cooling solution.

Well whatever the hell they call it. Geforce 8 than. Just release Geforce 8, 8000X and be done with it. Their numbering system is wacked.

I thought their numbering system made decent sense. The first number is the model number, and the higher the number is (even with the model number), typically the better the card is.

The next nVidia graphic-card should be named something else than the GeForce. How about eXtaGon? Zeetor? Excelsior? The list could be endless.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Gesus?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

This was funny. Us Christians would buy it in droves. It's the graphics card that leads to salvation!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!