Backwards Compatibility

Wii has taken the lead for me. Last Nintendo console I owned was the NES. Wii is the cheapest of the 3, the inovation is appealing to me and it's fully backward compatible with all of Nintendo's games... to date. As of now, I'm buying a Wii.

:ermm:

w00t! MARO BROS!!! YAYNESS

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Wii has taken the lead for me. Last Nintendo console I owned was the NES. Wii is the cheapest of the 3, the inovation is appealing to me and it's fully backward compatible with all of Nintendo's games... to date. As of now, I'm buying a Wii.

:)

I would be interested too... but what am I gonna do with all these roms? :ermm:

I have not been into ninntendo for a very long time - not since PS1. And, the Peepee Nintendo doesn't offer anything - 'innovative' or otherwise - to change my mind during this generation.

Nothing.

It'll be likely xbox 360 this time around. Decent choice of games, a much more reasonable price than PS3, and not as kiddie oriented as Peepee Nintendo.

:ermm:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Choice of games is always tough to look at too early. Every one of these consoles is too young to really expect a ton of games for. It takes 2 years from release for a console to really have what can be called a game library. I can't think of a console that didn't take time to build up a library, and with games getting more complex, it takes developers even more time to adjust to the new generation of consoles.

I have not been into ninntendo for a very long time - not since PS1. And, the Peepee Nintendo doesn't offer anything - 'innovative' or otherwise - to change my mind during this generation.

Nothing.

It'll be likely xbox 360 this time around. Decent choice of games, a much more reasonable price than PS3, and not as kiddie oriented as Peepee Nintendo.

:)

XBox360=500$

PS3=650$

Wow! 150$ difference! And that doesn't include games! ReWow!

Getting an XBox when you have a decent PC is somewhat... ok I'll say "strange" for the sake of political correctness. If your PC is not decent you can make it so with 500$.

For me: 360 is a waste of money and some "blow up".

PS3 is too expensive and since E3 it's been going downhill.

Right now all that the Wii has to run on is Nintendo's reputation which has always been excellent. There is no denying that.

Those reasons alone are enough to make me go for a Wii. And in 5 years I expect to have a couple of kids running around so the kiddy part is ok with me.

XBox360=500$

PS3=650$

In the United States, I think the Xbox360 is selling for $400, with a strong possibility of it dropping in price right before the ps3 comes out.

The difference in price could be as much as $300, which is a significant drop in price in my book.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

XBox360=500$

PS3=650$

In the United States, I think the Xbox360 is selling for $400, with a strong possibility of it dropping in price right before the ps3 comes out.

The difference in price could be as much as $300, which is a significant drop in price in my book.

The problem is that the rest of the world isn't in the states.

That price drop is quite steep and I'm sure it could very well turn the tide in favor of M$.

However, if it blows up in my face it's still 300$(500$CAN?) down the toilet.

I'd still rather put XBox360 savings on a good PC upgrade.

I can't save 600$ for PS3. I have a car and appartment.

Saving 250$ however is quite reasonable. And the Wii is fully BC.

Edited by astr0creep

XBox360=500$

PS3=650$

That price drop is quite steep and I'm sure it could very well turn the tide in favor of M$.

The canadian dolloar isn't that bad. It's actually pretty strong compared to the last twenty years... I think you just want a nintendo

XBox360=500$

PS3=650$

The canadian dolloar isn't that bad. It's actually pretty strong compared to the last twenty years... I think you just want a nintendo

The Canadian price is just $100 more than the American price on each version.

Old news Mac, didn't you ever read the follow up to that article?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Old news Mac, didn't you ever read the follow up to that article?

Hell no. That'd require good judgement and rudimentary investigational skills.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Yeah, I don't much touch my 360 nowadays. Oblivion was good while it lasted, but there isn't a great selection of other games, and if there was, I wouldn't want to be shelling out $120 just for getting two games that looked nice.

I believe that the key for people on the edge of deciding is to wait. Darque, Volo, Deraldin... there aren't any good games out yet for the systems, er, the 360, since Wii and PS3 aren't even out yet. Time will tell what the best choice is, and in the meantime, know that you probably wouldn't be enjoying a 360 very much right now.

Also, I forgot to mention here, Jade Empire is lackluster. Kotor was much better, even K2 was better, and that isn't even a complete game :blink:

Edited by Blank