Lionheart Collectors Edition Question

I know it didn't get much praise and people say that it sucks after Barcelona, but since I could buy it over Ebay for a cheap 7.99,-- EUR at once now, I just have to know how much non-sucky (i.e. Barcelona) gameplay there is. Also, a Soundtrack CD and Making-Of movie is included, so yay? Some mini-reviews could be also very helpful. THX:

I bought Lionheart when it first came out. I was jonesing for some SPECIAL action and it had a neato premise. I should have read the reviews first.

Barcelona is not really good to begin with. It is ok, but nothing to really buy a game for. The combat was horrible, the interface covered half the screen, and it really really was not that fun.

Granted, I didn't get past Barcelona, and I thought it was total crap. I can only imagine what I would have thought if I kept playing.

BUT....it is a happy story. I played it for like a week or two and decided it was total crap and didn't want it, so I put it up on ebay. A guy in England bought it for 5 bucks more than what I payed for it (it wasn't released there yet).

So, no, the game is not worth it for 8 euros. Even as a limited edition. Even if it came with 8 euros. Even if it came with a copy of Darklands (well, maybe then).

Don't get it.

I just have to know how much non-sucky (i.e. Barcelona) gameplay there is.

Not enough, not nearly enough to justify buying the game, however cheap it may be. Barcelona was pretty good, and would have stood up well as a single town in many RPGs, but it can't carry a whole game.

There was a collectors edition?

Exactly. Like the tree falling in the woods, how can you have a collector's edition that no-one collects?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Thanks for the answers fellows, I won't get it then.

It's a shame actually, the time during the crusades with all it's intrigues, historical characters and the conflicts between Saracens and Christians would have brought fresh wind into the RPG genre.

Maybe Obsidian will one day do a kewl CRPG set during the Crusades? :ph34r: But no orcs please.

I bought it when it was fresh out. It was hopelessly disappointing. But I reckon if you don't get your hopes up it will pass some time. My main annoyance was how lazy they'd been. The shops have randomly generated contents, and most of the dilogue is dull and lifeless. Also, the NPCs in your party are crap.

I think that's it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I bought the Collectors Edition when the game was first released. Unfortunately I never got far in the game, I never left the first city.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

There was only one city.

When I think of SPECIAL being done in real time I think of this game and I shudder. SPECIAL does not work in real time. Bethesda would be stupid to make FO3 in real time when it has been proven in Lionheart, Fallout CRAPTICS, and FOPOS that it does not work.

When I think of SPECIAL being done in real time I think of this game and I shudder.  SPECIAL does not work in real time.  Bethesda would be stupid to make FO3 in real time when it has been proven in Lionheart, Fallout CRAPTICS, and FOPOS that it does not work.

Don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Darque, the game royally sucks. If you want to waste your money then go for it but it is the worst game ever put out by Black Isle. Llyr, every pure real time DnD game such as BGDA, BGDA 2, Demonstone, and DDO truly did suck.

Edited by Judge Hades

I played the demo and thought the game was fun enough, so I purchased a copy when it came out.

It was pretty bad. Most things people have mentioned already, but there was one thing that drove me crazy.

There didn't seem to be a 'just standing still animation.' Everytime you stopped to talk to a NPC or commoner or what not, the character animation would just stand there midstride...which looked absolutely ridiculous and really drove bothered me.

Ah well.

Don

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You know I was only kidding, right?

*eyes forum apes nervously*

right?

-Elwood Blues

Nope. 'Cuss then they will go in "why did you lock X; there was no reason for it"

(And Hades is BY FAR not the worst to read here)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee