Something strange

I was starting to play, I got past the part where you get the Ebon Hawk fixed and into get repaired and I started to fight the droids but it seems that after every battle sequence my character can't move for like 2-3 minutes and then all of sudden can. even when you need the robot to open doors for you and such he can't move either for a awhile.

I have a amd athlon 64 processor 2.2 ghz

1024 SDRAM

Geforce 7800 GTX graphics card

and soundblaster audigy 2 although am getting an X-FI card soon.

thanks for any help

Got the patch? And the latest possible drivers?

I remember something like this happening to me...then it just sort of stopped. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

You could try resizing your resolution and set graphics texture to lowest.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

It still does it especially in the secret tomb on Korriban it did it alot I had to reload several times, and is really irritating. I do have another game on my computer that installed starforce would that be able to screw a game up in some way? If that was the problem how would i get rid of starforce?

Actually, I've had the "character not moving" bug in both KOTOR 1 and 2 for a while now. I found out that the bug can possibly be fixed if you save your game when the character stops moving. Once the game is saved, I usually found that the character could move again. :-

Sometimes, if I have this in K2 (which I still have now), just hit Tab to switch to another party member, and also swing your character's view in all directions to see if it is slow for every direction, or only for some directions. My problems, whenever it happens, tends to be only in a few directions, and quite often on Dantooine, both for K1 and K2.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Sometimes, if I have this in K2 (which I still have now), just hit Tab to switch to another party member, and also swing your character's view in all directions to see if it is slow for every direction, or only for some directions. My problems, whenever it happens, tends to be only in a few directions, and quite often on Dantooine, both for K1 and K2.

It seemed like it only happened when my character was alone not when you are in a group.

like in the beginning of the game when you are going through the mining station but then it only happened a few times and i was able to get out of it rather quickly.

also when you control the droid T3-M4 also at the beginning he got stuck the most.

but It also happened with the main character when they are by themselves in the secret tomb on Korriban but only started occuring about the time you see the phantom mandalorians (actually right after you defeat them).

is there any chance of Obsidian fixing this?

Actually, I've had the "character not moving" bug in both KOTOR 1 and 2 for a while now. I found out that the bug can possibly be fixed if you save your game when the character stops moving. Once the game is saved, I usually found that the character could move again. :)

actually you could be right, I noticed that too but never thought too much about it.

so I would save it and then just reload the same saved game. it really doesn't occur alot but when it does it is really annoying. ;)