Age of Decadence

Everyone's favorite male hair model, Vault Dweller, has unveiled the official Age of Decadence website!

7 distinctive gameplay styles: from knight, serving a Noble House to grifter, preying on greed and gullibility.

23 skills, ranging from Dagger and Critical Strike to Disguise and Persuasion to Crafting and Lore.

Action Point-based combat system, featuring a flexible set of standard attacks, special attacks such as whirlwind and impale, and aimed attacks at different body parts.

8 weapon types: daggers, swords, axes, hammers, spears, bows, crossbows, throwing weapons, each with individual traits.

Non-combat quests resolutions and a well-developed diplomatic path ( "The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." )

Over 100 quests, taking you to 22 locations: towns, outposts, archeological digs, sealed places of Power, underground facilities, and temples.

Each situation has multiple ways of handling it, based on your skills, reputation, and connections. Each way has consequences that will affect someone or something.

Extensive dialogues trees, written with role-playing in mind. You can use many skills in dialogues, take actions like stealing or sneak-attacking, and play your character with personality as you see fit.

An interesting world with rich history and unclear future that your actions can shape into seven very different game endings.

Detailed crafting and alchemy systems: melt items and create new ones, balance your sword, play with Greek fire, increase your poison's potency, use corrosive acid on locks, and experiment with black powder.

Hundreds of items, ranging from weapons & armor to scrolls, tools, flasks, and pre-war relics.

3D world created with Torque Game Engine, featuring detailed locations and almost 200 unique animations.

Go check it out and be amazed!

Irrelevant. Don't waste your time.

The game looks great. I don't buy games on line currently. Maybe in the future; but now. Period.

I don't need to explain my reasons to you.

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Irrelevant. Don't waste your time.

The game looks great. I don't buy games on line currently. Maybe in the future; but now. Period.

I don't need to explain my reasons to you.

Game over.

If that's your attitude, don't mention it in every ****ing message you post.

Edited by Jora

Every post? Surely your exaggerate.

I wanted to post in this thread because the game looks great, and people buy games based on my seal of approval ('cause I'm that darn good) so I wanted to help the VDMeister out.

However, Ia lso feel people shoudl realzie that this game cna't be bought in stores as they have the right to know that.

Game over. Again. Geez.

P.S. the game will have great role-playing. Period. :cool:

"Almost."

Right. 8901 (counting this one) posts, and 'almost' all fo them are aboiut me not buying game son line. R00fles!

Anwyays, stop making thsi thread about me. It's about AOD. I am unimportant.

Um.. I do. It certainly has the potential to be; but let's play it first before confirming it.

Raven: Since almost all my posts are about that issue, I'm sure a quick seatrch will give you the answer you seek. :lol:

Magical Volo had his identity stolen from the internet once. I'd be cautious too.

If that's true, then it would be much more productive if he mentioned that when he complains about games sold strictly online. Otherwise he really isn't adding anything to the topic. By telling his story, he's helping us make informed decisions. That's what I see as the best thing about forums.

*sigh* Let's go over this thread again, shall we?

"If that's true, then it would be much more productive if he mentioned that when he complains about games sold strictly online. Otherwise he really isn't adding anything to the topic. By telling his story, he's helping us make informed decisions. That's what I see as the best thing about forums."

I wrote: "I wanted to post in this thread because the game looks great, and people buy games based on my seal of approval ('cause I'm that darn good) so I wanted to help the VDMeister out."

and, "However, I also feel people should realize that this game can't be bought in stores as they have the right to know that."

That's why I posted in this thread, and why I bothered to mention my Purchase Rule tm at all..

Geez.. people. READ. :lol:

P.S. Again, this is about TAOD. Not TBONB.

Thank you. :)

Edited by Volourn

Um.. I do. It certainly has the potential to be; but let's play it first before confirming it.

Raven: Since almost all my posts are about that issue, I'm sure a quick seatrch will give you the answer you seek. :lol:

You could get one of those temporary credit cards that are useless to steal the numbers for. Or your credit card company may let you use a fake number online to link to your account just once.

I personally don't worry too much about buying things online, but IF security is your reason, there are options.

We can not be bothered with the Search function. Our time is precious at the moment. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I'm pretty pumped about this game. The setting looks nice. The artwork is beautiful.

BTW, this will be shareware. I'll reserve judgement until I get my hands on that. Full game will be 25$.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Good work on the interview, Dhruin. icon_salut.gif

You should have asked more hard-hitting questions, though, like:

"Is it true you're trying to destroy the RPG genre single-handedly?"

and

"Why don't you like Obilvion?"

and

"Why does the game look like a NWN mod?"

Stuff like that.

When the game comes to the store shelves I will definitely give it a buy, but I will not purchase it over the Internet. Did it once, I will not do it again. I hope they are successful in this endaevor. It looks like it has potential. :p

Great interview, Dhruin! If VD does what he says he will 9whcih i have littel doubt he will); this could very well be one of the best games ever. :)

• 1 month later...

RPG Vault's Jonric interviewed Vaul- I mean Vince D. Weller:

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/714/714762p1.html

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/716/716455p1.html

Since dialogues and dialogue-based ways to solve quests play a large role, there are plenty of NPCs to talk to and use your skills on. NPCs provide information, give quests, help with quests, send assassins after you, try to manipulate you, could be manipulated by you, and do other fun stuff. They also show how reactive the world is, and how your actions affect it. You won't have to imagine the consequences of your actions, or even be told about them. You will see what happened to people you've met, helped, acted against, allied with or betrayed as you play the game.

Thank God, the stupid arguments about Volourn are over and we can move on to talk about the game, ja? :rolleyes:

I think one promising sign is that the number of classes and skills are not very large (7 and 23, respectively). Many small-time games try to encapsulate a huge variety of gameplay options to satisfy the Fan's Lament of streamlining and dumbing down - but it looks like these guys have realised the difficulty of trying to achieve that in an indie game, and picked their way through.

Not too sure I'm attracted by the heavily Roman-influenced setting (Weimer & Co's Byzantine setting seems more interesting), but I suppose they wanted the postapocalyptic element in there too. Looks good to put on a long-term watch.