"The Broken Hourglass" news

ramza

Remember that game I mentioned a while ago?

Here's a nifty interview with interesting info:

http://fourfatchicks.com/Rants/Interviews/...ompton/JC.shtml

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Just read it, it actually sounds very interesting, since I keep imaginingit more as a BG2 total conversion at this point. But then, I always liked BG and Compton / Weimer.

I want to know more about the magic system (to see if it will be any different, or your standard 'cast spells'), but they didn't talk much about that. The story seems fairly good, hopefully there will be more political stuff (actual politics, not "a boss is the president") than most RPGs.

Common, the game sounds very promising. Reminds me of BG2:SoA spirit in some way. It may actually be BG2's spiritual successor. I especially like the way races are handled and the world in which the story takes place.

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I guess it's still early for this... Even if the graphics are old (like the IE games), this won't prevent me from getting it (provided that there is a good story and interesting characters).

You can check for a thread a created a few months ago about the same game , in which I give a link to the official site. I think I saw a picture there.

here's the link to my thread:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...42&hl=hourglass

Edited by ramza

I'll watch and see. I did think Compton's Kelsey npc was the best one ever done. It really wasn't far off from the work Bioware did.

I'm curious as to the size of their team, is it just Compton and weimer, or do they have like 10 people working on it?

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I'm curious as to the size of their team, is it just Compton and weimer, or do they have like 10 people working on it?

There are about 20 contractors involved in the story design, coding, and audiovisuals. If it was just down to Wes and me to make a game, it would probably look like Rogue.

Can you do an ASCII version? Please? For old times sake.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There are about 20 contractors involved in the story design, coding, and audiovisuals. If it was just down to Wes and me to make a game, it would probably look like Rogue.

cool :thumbsup:

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson