What were the 3 PM that got cancelled?

ramza

Now that Atari pulled NWN1's plug, is there any chance to ever get our hands on these modules (even if they are released as Community modules, and not premium ones)?

Apart from DLA's Wythern Crown module(if I remember correctly its name), does anyone know what the other modules were?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Want to talk about wishful thinking? Try this:

http://nwvault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=17878

Interplay pulled the plug on NWN? When? Are they talking about that old school semi-MMORPG that existed before the Bioware game? Because from what I remember, NWN left Interplay because IPLY didn't pay Bioware what they were sposed to for BG2.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

IIRC, Interplay also wans't played with how long NWN was taking so maybe they were 'threatening' to pull the plug. I'm not sure; but I think Interplay even stopped funding the game and BIO started funding it themselves (prior to getting Atari on board) so that's what the article meant by 'pull the lug'. Obviously, just like Atari now, Interplay was rather desperate for cash so likely was pushing BIo to release NWN right awya hence why Interplay 'bragged' about how much money they got from Atari for it. LOL If only they knew what we know now...

R00fles!

P.S. This is all from the dark recesses of my memory so I could easily be off base or inaccurate..

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well.. Interplay was the publisher of NWN for like 3-4 years before Atari took over so they obviously had some input in its development.. Feargus always (seemingly) worked closely with BIo as evdienced by how well they get along.

:)

Feargus always (seemingly) worked closely with BIo as evdienced by how well they get along.

:)

...try tellin' the whole truth, dwarf, since ya knows it...if'n it wasna fer the peoples what eventually started the Black Isle Studios division o' IN-EPT-PLAY, BIOweeenia wouldna be what they is; 'member who convinced the BIOweeenians not ta make the original BG jus' a DS ripoff...or what 'bout all the work BIS did fer the BIOweeenians on SoA & ToB's QA, etc...ya knows as well as we all does that that be the reason the BIOweeenians trust Feargie soo much... <_<

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

BIO is where theya re because of the decisions they made. Where is Black Isle, btw? If BIow as so dependent on them why hasn't BIo collapsed without them?

BIS did their part as the PUBLISHER and deserve credit for that. Nothing more; nothing less.

BIO is where theya re because of the decisions they made. Where is Black Isle, btw? If BIow as so dependent on them why hasn't BIo collapsed without them?

BIS did their part as the PUBLISHER and deserve credit for that. Nothing more; nothing less.

...dunna be soo dunce, dwarf...BIS be dead cuz they was the only moneymakin' division o' a much larger, financially flounderin' company...but yea, BIOweenia be where theys at cuz o' some sound business decisions...like the one they made when they listened to the future BIS staff 'bout BG...or when they got help from BIS on SoA & ToB...sound decisions that payed off bigtime...BIS didna make BIOweeenia, but theys sure as the hells helped out alot on the way...an' now it seems it be payback time, since Obsidz be gettin' a whole helluva lotta scraps from the BIOweeenian table...coincidence???...Methinks not... <_<

."..or when they got help from BIS on SoA & ToB"

Hello? They were the publishers. That was a part of the job description. LOL

Again, BIO is where they are because they know what they are doing.

Obsidian is where they are because of the choices they made.

BIS no longer exists because BIS along with Interplay FAILED including decisions Mr. U made himself, and I say that even thoguh I I like him as he's cool... but, he's not perfect...

BIO is successful because of BIO. If (and when) BIO fails it will because of BIO.

This is undisputable.

Game over.

Edited by Volourn

I could say something; bu the past should be in the past... and, besides I like Mr. U and he doesn't need to be reminded repeatedly of stuff that happened years ago.

It's time to move on. And, so far, he's done an excellent job (along with his co owners) with Obsidian and that's all that matters.

Edited by Volourn

."..or when they got help from BIS on SoA & ToB"

Hello? They were the publishers. That what a part of the job description. LOL

Again, BIo is where they ar eebcause they know what they are doing.

Obsidian is where they are because of the choices they made.

BIS no longer exists because BIS along with Interplay FAILED including decisions Mr. U made himself, and I say that even thoguh I I like him as he's cool... but, he's not perfect...

BIO is successful because of BIO. If (and when) BIO fails it will because of BIO.

This is undisputable.

Game over.

...blind ignorance, ain't it grand...ye can walk 'round the facts all ye wants, dwarf, but the facts be the facts...BIS aided BIOweeenia greatly an' now BIOweeenia be aidin' Obsidz greatly...no coincidence 'ere, jus' one plus one equallin' two...ye may need yer calculator, though, I know it be a hard one... <_<

Obsidian isn't BIS. Deal with that.

BIS, and BIO had a business relationship. BIS/Interplay didn't hire BIO 'cause of their good looks after all. Theye xpected BIO tod evelop games for them. you also forget that BIO had worked for Interplay BEFORE BG so they already knew what BIO was capable of.

What BIS did for BIO was work as their games' publisher. Nothing more; nothing less. I wouldn't expect them to do anything but that.

Stop trying to give the credit for BIo's success to BIS. i think it's funny you'll do that but you won't blame BIS for you disliking TOB or NWN (which BIS/Interplay wa spublsiher for 3-4 years).

R00fles!

Obsidian is doing well ebcause of Obsidian.

BIO is doing well because of BIO.

BIS is dead because of BIS.

Game over.

Stop trying to give the credit for BIo's success to BIS. i think it's funny you'll do that but you won't blame BIS for you disliking TOB or NWN (which BIS/Interplay wa spublsiher for 3-4 years).

...open yer eyes, dwarf...I ain't givin' BIS credit fer BIOweeenia makin' it...BIOweeenia made the right moves...what I's said was alot o' those right moves was gainin' the aid o' BIS, an' not jus' in a Publishers role...an' there ain't no denyin' that fact, either; it was plain as day an' still be, hence why Obsidz be feedin' from the BIOweenian table...facts may be hard fer one such as yerself ta stomach, but that be yer problem... <_<

Obsidian is doing well ebcause of Obsidian.

...was that lie painful???...shoulda been...the only reason there still be an Obsidz be cuz BIOweeenia fed 'em a few scraps...the only reason, as much as it pains me ta say... <_<

BIS is dead because of BIS.

...BIS be "dead" cuz IN-EPT-PLAY still own the rights ta the name...otherwise, they be here, an' back playin' kissyface wit' BIOweeenia, shoe jus' happens ta be on the other foot this time... <_<

Game.

Set.

MATCH.

<_<

"was that lie painful???...shoulda been...the only reason there still be an Obsidz be cuz BIOweeenia fed 'em a few scraps...the only reason, as much as it pains me ta say..."

No. Obsidian is here because of Obsidian. They make the choioces for their company. Stop trying to give BIo credit for what Obsidian does.

If someone insists on referring to a company as Bioweenia, it really makes any argument they have moot.

...then dunna read it; that ain't hard, is it???...opinions be like puckered starfish, e'eryone's got one... <_<

Nah. Sarge hates BIo because Mr. Gaider beat him when they were kids in highs chool much like Grom's relationship with Mr. U. :D

P.S. sarge also believes that BIS is repsosnible for BG1 and BG2's greatness while BIo is at fault for TOB's sucikness.

As you saw above, he also thinks BIO is why KOTOR2 and NWN2 are great or will likely be great games.

:p

Edited by Volourn

It unfortunately taints your posts with a lack of objectivity.

...only ta those whom take this message board too seriously... :p

But then again, it could just be the case of you talking in character on a message board.

...what be the difference if'n I types like this,

Or like this, typing all my sentences nicely and making sure that I use only proper English with no shortcuts and no sign whatsoever of any crudeness? Does this somehow make what I am saying any more relevant? Somehow I doubt it. Only your view changes about what I am saying, what I actually say stays the same. I cannot be held responsible for your bias; sorry.

I figured for sure it involved dogs getting hit by cars.

The thing that is interesting is that the Infinity Engine games by Bioware were way more successful than the IE games by Black Isle. Heck, probably combined even.

I won't deny that Bioware's relationship with former BIS employees now at Obsidian has not hurt Obsidian (in fact, it has helped).

The big difference between the two though, is that Obsidian's games were sequels to Bioware games. Bioware's games were not sequels to Obsidian's games. I would say that Obsidian received more of a leg up than Bioware did, as the franchises they are making sequels for were already very successful. The only real "luck" Bioware got for BG was the D&D license. But we've since seen that the D&D license is hardly a precursor to a successful game.

Having said that, had the Bioware opportunities not presented themselves for Obsidian, then they would have just done something else. This probably was the best business decision that Obsidian could get though. Any brand new developer would love to be the ones to get to make the next game in a successful franchise. It is a less risky venture, and provides opportunities to secure large amounts of capital in a short amount of time.

If Feargus was the one that orchestrated the sequels, then full credit goes to Obsidian. If Bioware suggested sequels to Obsidian, then a bit of credit goes to Bioware, for presenting Obsidian with the opportunity.