Taris or Peragus?

Which planet,in your opinion,was better?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which planet,in your opinion,was better?

• Taris
    • Peragus

I actually liked Peragus. It gave me a Solaris(original), or Alien type movie feel. Everyone dead(save a few) lots of computer slicing and an evil presence which docks while on board. I find the back history of miners can be just as interesting as jedi, maybe chalk it up to me being a tech head.

are you sure that everyone here isn't looking at it because they played it a couple of times? (once for me) . And that maybe the second or third time it loses its charm.

Speaking of intros...Kotor1, Trask.. redshirt ?

" For the Republic ! "

go get em tiger, im gonna loot some of these sith corpses, ill catch up to you.

:o

Would have liked Peragus if its location was situated on some kind of system rather than being based within a giant asteroid.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

It needed to be more interesting period. Not much to do on a lifeless astroid.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I think that Taris is better looking than Peragus (except for when you get to walk on the exterior of the astroid). I found that it was ironic that both those worlds were destroyed and partly because of you.

Yeah,I like the new improved space suit,stims don't seem to work on that part of the Leviathan. :(

Peragus and telos seem comparable to Taris.Peragus isn't the tutorial the,Endarspire is der. :D Not really alot of npcs on Peragus either,well there all dead aren't they,atmosphere,breathing in the death...nice.You wake up in some tank vomiting on the floor, surrounded by the dead "oh goody I am going to die".

On the Endarspire your woken by an explosion shaking you out of some dream :lol: I think its been a while...Just checked :( nope just waking up to a shaking ship and vibrating controller and....some blond in an ugly uniform who flatters you about your fighting skills and your polyglotting.Who then tells you to get your gear,how to change players and use a med kit while referring to the buttons on your controller.....Yes that's a brilliant way to make a tutorial <_<.Kill sith,meet baddie,briefly.What no grand intro for Bandon? Sion got one,wait,no he got two.

Escape ship just in time with....ok I'll give them credit for Carth,the only conciliation with,Taris is Carth and his angsty hissyfits.

:huh: Have you noticed that Vrook does the same grumpy gesture in the background on Dantooine? :o

Dueling ring was fun now that I think about it.But the bounties were not that challenging.Two Hutt slugs fine but....Bastilla...I am so going to hell if I continue. :thumbsup:

Back to peragus I think......

After looking at the corpses with confusion you walk down the hallway and see how they died,get blamed for it then find some,(favorite line btw) zombie Jedi,who seems to know too much to be friendly.Who then tells you to extend your search for some cloth's...."if only for first impressions" :blink::lol: enigmatic is a good description of Kriea.Blow up an asteroid even if you didn't do it you still get blamed for it,get arrested.Have your ship stolen be insulted by some bounty hunter and Atton.I know he was trying to be nice,but really your not some weakling.

Couple that with the dark and oppressive environment of Peragus and the box like Citadel Station with the feeling that the galaxy and every one in it hates you and just want to screw you over for your bounty or just for fun.

:huh: I voted Taris,but have reconsiderd.Can I change my vote please? :(

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I'm one of the few who actually didn't mind Peragus, I guess. It gives a good working knowledge of the game, some XP, a couple of puzzles to work out ... and it doesn't feel like it dragged on too long. I remember when I played K1 for the first time I began to think Taris was all there was to the game--such a relief to find out it wasn't, and I still enjoy watching it get blown up. The people and politics have no redeeming qualities, and I only got to swoop-race once. (Knowing that cat-woman was from Taris makes me dislike her even more!)

Taris seems comparable in complexity and length to Nar Shaddaa; I just think that placing such a heavyweight at the beginning of the game bogs the K1 story down a bit. The plot doesn't even get rolling until Ebon Hawk takes off. Same goes for Peragus, but it's a small space station--you never lose sight of the goal, which in both cases is to get off the rotten rock. But sadly, there's no way to skip Taris.

i'm guessing that taris is on kotor 1 but since ive only played 2 and dieing to play 1 im going with taris because peragus may seem a incy wincy bit interesting the 1st time the 2nd time around ur eyes start to drop a bit until u wake up to find yourelf fighting droids.

Anyways wich was a better game cause my b day is comin up soon im thinkin of getin kotor1 and yeah.

p.s post 2 lol

It needed to be more interesting period. Not much to do on a lifeless astroid.

Would have liked it as a second planet or later location.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

They made Peragus unnecessarily long and there wasn't anything to do except kill things. On Taris you had a dueling ring, a swoop track, and I think way more interesting side quests. Plus it was a much more lively environment and you met a lot of interesting characters. Sure it may have been as long as Peragus, but at least it wasn't nearly as boring. Peragus had way too much running back and fourth, and the whole "who killed everybody" mystery got old real fast. By the end, I could have cared less who did it. Just get me off this god-forsaken rock! And at least on Taris they did a good job of making it so that you actually needed to bring your NPC's along with you. I guess on Peragus you needed Atton to fly the ship, but I would have left Kreia there if I could have.

They made Peragus unnecessarily long and there wasn't anything to do except kill things.  On Taris you had a dueling ring, a swoop track, and I think way more interesting side quests.  Plus it was a much more lively environment and you met a lot of interesting characters.  Sure it may have been as long as Peragus, but at least it wasn't nearly as boring.  Peragus had way too much running back and fourth, and the whole "who killed everybody" mystery got old real fast.  By the end, I could have cared less who did it.  Just get me off this god-forsaken rock!  And at least on Taris they did a good job of making it so that you actually needed to bring your NPC's along with you.  I guess on Peragus you needed Atton to fly the ship, but I would have left Kreia there if I could have.

I voted for Taris. There was more character interaction.

Yeah, destroying the same droids over and over gets a little old.

Edited by Exar Kun

• 5 months later...

Taris was the better of the two as while there was still a main plot there were plenty of other things you could do-such as fight in the dueling ring-that gave it added depth. Peragus wasn't a bad level, but the problem was that you only had the main quest to finish, the secondary quests were not stand alone ones giveing you the impression that the only choice you had was what weapon you killed the droids with. It didn't help KOTOR2 that following on directly on from were two more locations, Citidel station and Telos, where there were few or no side quests (Four if you include the academy as well). Thats almost half of KOTOR2 where you don't really feel as if you have any choice in your actions, and which feel as if there is no real point in doing them. In the first game it at least felt like you were going somewhere before the main plot kicks in and you start jetting off around the galaxy. When Taris was destroyed I was sad after getting to know the world, when

Peragus was destroyed I couldn't really care less.

Peragus was creepy first time around. I wish they'd done more with it and made the atmosphere even more oppressive. What I hated most about Peragus was the fact that my exile was a complete idiot and couldn't piece anything together. But then, that's my main issue with both games.

Taris was fun - first playthrough.

But over all, I dislike both of them. I'd rather skip them and get straight into the story. I did find Bastilia's reactions amusing on Taris, so I think I'll vote that one. Kreia's interactions really... meh. The only funny one was Atton and that's only if you play a girl exile.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I voted Taris. I go with the 2 guys above me. I don't like eather. I hated how long they were. I don't mind the lvls, I hate that I solve one problem only to find I have to solve another. It seams so stupid to me that you have to go thru so much to get off Taris. I mean Bastila could get out on her own, why what for me? And the Ebon Hawk is the fastest ship in space right? And that you can't cut open a door or thru a wall on Perogus and get out of there.

I would not mind the lvls if they were shorter. Sure, you could stick around if you wanted to but the secund time thru you should be able to move on.

Up to when I found the Jedi Mod for K1, I would have voted for Perogus. I wanted to be a Jedi, lvling was great but you would never get those lvls back when you are a Jedi. After the mod I had more fun there. I was desporate to get off both Taris and Perogus.

Perogus is so pointless in that it is so liner in an ilogical way, If you can reprogram driods then I would have had them cut me a path into the hanger. Instead, I find I am taking the full unguided tour of the facility. Just before you go out onto the exsteror of the astiroid you will find yourself at the 3 shielded blast doors. What is that about? It is open air all around the doors!!! Like a blast is not going to come at you from the ledge your standing next to and is going to direct itself thru the doors for your convienence! every time I get there I stare at them imaging ways to get around them: cut the side of the doors to turn then off, stand on the railing and step around the doors, etc.. but the game won't let me. <_<

In the end I find I have more fun on Taris while I am lvling as a Jedi.

Edited by Watchman

Obsidian should have made it available to skip peragus after you completed the game once, I always hated going through that mind numbing place everytime I wanted to start a new game. Taris was a better place by far.

Use your aggressive feelings...let the hate flow through you.