Taris or Peragus?

Which planet,in your opinion,was better?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which planet,in your opinion,was better?

• Taris
    • Peragus

I feel inclined to agree with Taris, yet if we look at how it was made, it has some sort of resemblance to Bioware's NWN. I leave that to people to decide what they like. Somehow, I find that OE's Peragus shows some advancement in time concerning a KOTOR storyline, although it isn't exactly as substantially exciting as K1's Taris. And it is not just Peragus, but other parts of K2, except for some systems like Onderon, which is reminescent of a glorious forgotten past.

After having played K1 several times and leaving it aside for around 4-5 months and then playing it another time, sort of find it tedious to have to negotiate through Taris. K1 is more like a long game where a PC has to travest many obstacles tiringly before being able to deal with Malak in a classic lightsaber finale.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Stupid question.

At least in Taris there were things to do and interesting missions.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Who voted for Peragus! lol :)

I'd take Taris anyday. Infact I like Taris, cos there is alot more to do, alot more interesting stuff, and you pick up 2/3 of your whole NPC team :)

Edited by aerowars617

Guest The Architect
Stupid question.

At least in Taris there were things to do and interesting missions.

This is why I thought Taris was better too, in terms of roleplaying, Taris was much more enjoyable, Peragus got boring, it's not as bad as what most people make it out to be, some parts on Peragus were interesting (thanks to KOTOR II's excellent writing, characters and a wonderful rich, deep story) but Taris was better, Peragus was too unnecessarily long, fighting inferior droids and laughable Sith Assassins got very :) IMHO.

Edited by The Architect

Thought this topic was discussed about six months ago, basically the same thing again.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Taris because it contained an alive civilization

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Wait, how can you compare a tutorial level with a real planet?

A more apt comparison would be Peragus and the K1 starting ship(which name escapes my mind now).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think many of you are missing the point of Peragus. It's supposed to be empty, because of events your prescence has (inadvertently) caused!

Yeah, it's a drag on repeated playthroughs, but that first time through it provided a very interesting mystery angle. I thought it was ballsy of the writers to tell the story mostly through holovid recordings.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

A more apt comparison would be Peragus and the K1 starting ship(which name escapes my mind now).

That's right----and this comparison makes Peragus all the more miserable, in that it took about 10 times longer.

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

Endar Spire was a kinda tutorial (which was better than Ebon Hawk in KotOR II, more story happening etc), whereas Peragus and Taris are both the 1st "Planets" so to speak. This comparison between Peragus and Taris is fair IMO, as Peragus isnt a tutorial, its just a huge gap filler between Opening title and Telos :p

Yes, the Endar Spire and the Ebon Hawk are more compatible. I have to take Taris because there was soo much to do, I still leave tons of stuff unfinished. Peragus was interesting,though. Lots of remains and the pushover droids made for EASY xp.

taris was more fun so i chose that. look

TARIS

1. Racing

2. arena fighting

3. side quests

PERAGUS

1. boring

2. kreia talking

3. only droids to fight

4. no side quests

Edited by Seroth

On Peragus the holos were intresting but it got boring after away and took longer to play so my vote went to taris

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

taris was more fun so i chose that. look

TARIS                             

1. Racing                         

2. arena fighting

3. side quests

PERAGUS

1. boring

2. kreia talking

3. only droids to fight

4. no side quests

There are also pushover "asassins" and some sith troops (I never fire on them using the gun turret, I like to kill them with my crew cos you get more XP that way :()

Actually you should compare Endar Spire and that part when T3-M4 repairs Ebon Hawk... They are tutorials.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Been mentioned a few posts ago :huh:

Endar Spire was a kinda tutorial (which was better than Ebon Hawk in KotOR II, more story happening etc), whereas Peragus and Taris are both the 1st "Planets" so to speak. This comparison between Peragus and Taris is fair IMO, as Peragus isnt a tutorial, its just a huge gap filler between Opening title and Telos :geek:

Have to say that the first game had some interesting sidequests that could be explored.

TSL had just good graphics in terms of its level design and little of anything else.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Well, TSL probably would not be able to do what KOTOR did exactly. To some extent, it did have slight differences in terms of lighting. It wasn't exactly duller, but might have been a dark game. (Many parts of TSL did not have exactly bright lighting effects) Besides most kinds of lighting in K2 were more like neon lights, like in Telos' cantina, on signboards against walls. Put simply, there were small sources of light rather than bright ones being used.

Some points:

K2's Sith assassination story was executed poorly

NPCs were few

And also modified lighting that K1 used

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Taris can easily remind someone of Coruscant

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.