Atari releasing the BGs & IWDs on cheap DVDs

What?!1one!! You mean they are including the previously free download on a retail DVD 

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

i think atari owns all the rights to the BG name and associated properties, but interplay maintained the rights to IWD. however, interplay may own the games themselves. it seems logical then, that herve managed to strike a deal with atari (as sargallath mentioned) to redistribute the games on DVD for some much needed cash for interplay. who knows, maybe he done went and sold off all of his rights to anything D&D related.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Rats, I bought BG and BG2 last year and paid a total of over forty pounds. If only I'd waited... :ermm:

Then again, considering all the hours I enjoyed playing these excellent and lengthy games, it's still money well spent. :huh:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Good news. My CDs are getting too many scratches so getting something new would be beneficial. Another bonus is its on DVD, so no more exchanging CDs.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Intend to buy a set just to lend out. Must educate the heathens you know.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Do we know if they're selling these in the shops or just on Amazon?

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Yes, do we?

also, are the IWD games any good? I hear they're pretty, but lacking in the story department. You build your own party, I believe, so there's no interparty interaction - which is my favorite part of the BG series.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Yes, do we?

also, are the IWD games any good? I hear they're pretty, but lacking in the story department. You build your own party, I believe, so there's no interparty interaction - which is my favorite part of the BG series.

Basically, a dungeon crawl. Very good ones, though.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

IWD is basically all about the combat, it does have a great setting and atmosphere though. The music is one of the best all-time game scores.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Yes, do we?

...the IWD games were not lackin' in the story department if ye actually pays attention ta the story...sure, the storyline was a bit more simplistic than, say, BG, but a great story all the same... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

IWD, yes. IWD2, NO.

...IWD II suffered from Unca Feargie's "slamdunk" syndrome, so I gotta give ya that one, dwarf...me first runthrough was great, but after that I found meself actually dreadin' the last third o' the game; I ne'er dreaded one second o' IWD/HoW/TotL through any o' the 17 times I's played through it (6 times jus' IWD, 6 times wit' HoW, an' 5 times wit' HoW & TotL)...

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way