Everything is Illuminated

Yes, Minister

Yes, Prime Minister

The Black Adder

Blackadder 2-4

Farscape

Futurama

The Simpsons 3-8

Veronica Mars is your answer. It's a detective show about a girl who tries to uncover such mysteries as who drugged and raped her, murdered her best friend or blew up a bus full of her class mates. The first two seasons have big, complex, season-long mysteries as well as smaller ones. Practically nobody watches the show but it's just so great that a third season has been greenlighted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_Mars

Listen to Baley.

Also

The Killing

Casablanca

Big Sleep

The Maltese Falcon

And just to annoy Baley I'm going to suggest

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Firefly. Pure and simple.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Battlestar Galactica. DVDs or reruns.

I'm going to dust-off my old X-Files DVDs and make some popcorn.

That and Millennium.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Raven! Great Idea!

What was that other show Chris Carter produced, about a man who enters a game that is used like a penal colony or somesuch? It lasted only for a very short time.

They only made about three pilot episodes ... the first soldier they sent into the combat simulation took it over, and the show was about the guy they had chosen to send in after him (there were a few others sent in and never heard from again). Can't remember the name of it, though I think it was an internet release ... certainly I saw it on the intertron.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

They only made about three pilot episodes ... the first soldier they sent into the combat simulation took it over, and the show was about the guy they had chosen to send in after him (there were a few others sent in and never heard from again). Can't remember the name of it, though I think it was an internet release ... certainly I saw it on the intertron.

I saw half of an episode on tv, perhaps the pilot. Seemed meh but I'm still curious.

Veronica Mars is your answer. It's a detective show about a girl who tries to uncover such mysteries as who drugged and raped her, murdered her best friend or blew up a bus full of her class mates. The first two seasons have big, complex, season-long mysteries as well as smaller ones. Practically nobody watches the show but it's just so great that a third season has been greenlighted.

I agree, although I'm only about five episodes into the first season, it's pretty well-written and I like it a lot. Why does no-one watch it?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I agree, although I'm only about five episodes into the first season, it's pretty well-written and I like it a lot. Why does no-one watch it?

I always thought it was WB-type-pink-candy-teenygirl crap.

And since I'm a 31 year old man who likes to explore the woods in the rain...

That description sounds good though.

the new BG is really good....it has enough sci-fi for geeks and enough soap opera for everyone else (but not too much).

the Season 1 DVD is available as is Season 2.0.

Season 2.5 has not yet been released (last time I checked) but should be released soon.

I may even upgrade my cable so I can watch the new ones as they come out in the fall.

I also picked up the boxed set of the old series....WOW, that brought back memories.

Veronica Mars is fantastic. Together with Battlestar Galactica it's currently the best show on TV (although season 5 of 24 sure gave them a run for the money). So those two would be my recommendation.

The reason no one watches VM is that it's on UPN and that it's not really compatible with any of their other shows. Or people in the US has real crappy taste.

Anothe reason is that the show concept on paper sounds really corny. I mean, high school detective? But it actually works. The writing and acting is absolutely fantastic. And for the record I'm a 29 year old male that doesn't like walks in the woods.

So to answer the original question, VM and BSG are strong recommendations. Oh, also The Shield and The Wire.

I saw half of an episode on tv, perhaps the pilot. Seemed meh but I'm still curious.

Actually, if recall serves reliably, it was included in a DVD attached to a Gamer magazine last year.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lost, Desperate Housewives, 24 and Prison Break are all over :(

I need something new to watch!

Recommendations please.....

Go watch paint dry, it's a lot better than most of the shows you listed.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf