Militant law

Walsingham

Don't be harsh.  They're only protecting their land from the "Great Satan".  :-"

Ya just like the great Abdullah bin Abdulaziz!

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I'm just sick of the insurgents getting a free ride in the media for all the killings they do. I run into people every day who excuse these fethwits saying things like "Oh they only attack civilians because they're too weak to attack the military."

Murdering people because they wear shorts in Iraq. Throwing battery acid in the faces of teachers in Afghanistan because they have the effrontery to think women deserve an education. Killing their own muslim clerics who question these actions everywhere.

I don't think the insurgents get a "free ride" in "the media" for anything they do.

I agree that killing people because they wear shorts is strange and foul. The other stuff sounds nuts and foul too.

The trouble is you are assigning blame for these actions to a broad group - Muslim and Arab insurgents and others - most of whom would find these actions as foul as you and I find them.

You are also generalizing about "the media".

These unwarrented generalizations and assignments of guilt may be used in the near future by nuts of different flavors to justify attacks on journalists who don't produce the right slant in their stories or killings of people because they wear sandals and robes (rather than shorts).

I have found that there are many completely independent folks who do bad things in the world.

There is no need to presume that nuts are any more coordinated in the Middle East than they are in America and Europe.

Hey, just think about what Pat Robinson might inspire!

:devil:

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

The Iraqis will create a law and a society on there own choosing.....not yours or enybodies else....
Well, right now it looks like their focus is more on destroying law and society, in fact.

And with the amount of ethnical, religious and social tensions in the area, I don't think they are going to be "creating" anything anytime soon.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yes, Jags. And with a rusty blade to boot. :thumbsup:

On topic...Crom...these guys are actually pretty damned organized if you think about it. These aren't just random acts of violence. All of them seem to have an overarching, driving purpose behind their actions, and all the groups seem to be acting in a rather cohesive manner, with each killing or brutal attack serving to further the already unbalanced state of the country along with those around it.

They're creating a veritable atmosphere of fear. I mean, hell, I'd be scared to death if I couldn't walk outside wearing shorts without having my head blown off by some psychotic Muslim extremist.

I'm sure that there are some of these people with their hearts in the "right" place, who don't kill civilians, don't murder soldiers, and don't blow up mosques, but these guys aren't the ones I'd like to see strung up by their entrails either, so I don't see what your point is.

There is no justification for something like this. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Nobody'd better say these **** are fighting a "guerrilla" war or any of the bull**** I've been seeing. This is a group of psychopathic religious nuts who should be, in the words of a Mr. George Carlin, "Strapped down and castrated with rusty fishing knives." And then, of course, have a date with my friend, Mr. 12-gauge.

*Reads above post over again*

Er, sorry, I get worked up over this sort of thing. :">

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I wonder if he's popular in the Middle East. Perhaps he could defeat the insurgents!

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Points to Lonewolf. Crom, I appreciate and applaud your instincts in trying to be understanding. Lord knows we need all the understanding we can get. But by making excuses you help legitimise their actions.

As an aside, not aimed at Crom, no-one made excuses for the torturers at 'ghraib. And correctly so.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.