Framing issue in movie cutscenes?

Whenever there's a movie cutscene playing, the right inch and a half of the screen is just black. The movie is laterally compressed, so it is distorted. This is really annoying; is there a way to fix it?

This should really be in the technical discussion shouldn't it? Anyway, we can't help you if you don't tell us your system specifications. Do you have a CRT monitor (One that is quite old) because it sounds like a refresh rate issue - it can mess up the proportions of the screen.

StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play

Tech section is no more...

R.I.P :shifty:

On the issue; no idea... I actually have no idea too what you mean with compressed and half-inch missing. Have a pic of it?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well I can't get a pic unless I play until I get a movie, then take a screenshot. I just got a plot movie (an early one where you see scary mask dude for the first time---surely that isn't a spoiler). Here is a diagram (MSPaint ftw!):

screencompression6zj.jpg

Have you installed the High-Res movies patch from Nzone? It might help...

Link coming soon...

Edit; link

PS; you can also view movies through the "movies" tab on the main screen; no need for an actual movie to start during gameplay...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

2GB download seems a little steep 0_o. I could do it I guess.

Another movie came up (Telos shuttle taking off), and I took a screenshot:

ss5bx.jpg

It doesn't go the whole 1280 pixels across (805 pixels) at all.

Well, according to that picture, it actually does fill up the entire width of your screenshot.

Your screen seems oddly tall compared to it's width, however. :blink:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is your LCD actually a wide-screen monitor?

^

If it was widescreen, I would have thought the problem would be the other way round (pic bing streched not compressed.

In the 1st picture, KJSatz said it was running on 1280x1024. I know this shouldnt be a problem cos I have an LCD monitor that runs on that resolution. Although mine is 17 inch, not 19 inch. I run mine on 60hz, though I doubt that is the problem. have you tried changing the resolution in the game (try to match the game resolution to your desktops)?

All resolutions no matter what (I haven't installed Oblivion yet though, lol) are 1280x1024. That SS basically sits on the left side of the screen during a movie cutscene, and the area to the right is blank.