Game Critics Awards: Best of E3

Hell, I can agree with most of those. For once.

Then again, it could just be the shininess that's obscuring the bad stuff.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

How do some of these games get in these spots? Was there some cool gameplay footage shown on Assassin's Creed (all I've been able to find is the pre-rendered trailer), or is most of this stuff based on bubblegum, hype, and promises of what the game "might" be like on release?

It wasn't just cool. It was XTREEEEME. It's like they took the best parts of X-2 and Advent Children and make one mega-bomb of fun. Androgynous protagonists rock.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

BioShock or Spore should win.

They didn't give Final Fantasy XII enough credit, it's going to be the best game in '06.

Final Fantasy is too played out to be worthy of winning any awards. It's up to number XII already...XIII if you count X-2. An individual can only enjoy so many random, mellow-dramatic adventures in Metrosexia before it's time to move on.

459841_20040510_screen010.jpg

Maybe for you.

People who have played it say it's the best one of the series and it's one of only a few games to score a 40/40 in Famitsu, Japan's leading video game publication.

Maybe for you.

People who have played it say it's the best one of the series and it's one of only a few games to score a 40/40 in Famitsu, Japan's leading video game publication.

That's right. FFXII is one of the Greats with a capital G, right next to epics like Nintendogs.

Hadescopy.jpg

The problem with Famitsu is that it's a 'japanese' view on games which, for most western people, is a bit unpalitable.

Now, I loved Vagrant story, which also got the perfect 40, but the reason I loved it was very VERY different from why Famitsu loved it.

FFXII I was interested in because of the above, but upon talking to a taiwanese friend of mine who loves FFXII to peices, I essentally found out that he loved it because, despite the relatively weak story, there's tons to explore, ranging into 150 hours with lots of secret bosses and leveling and essentally the FFXI experiance offline.

If this appeals to people, great, but I can't say it's my cup of tea.

Hadescopy.jpg

Maybe for you.

That's right. FFXII is one of the Greats with a capital G, right next to epics like Nintendogs.

True. They really know how to pick the Great ones, don't they? I thought Zelda: OOT was another laughable 40 score, didn't you? :)

Likely better than Oblivion. Then again, that likely don't take much...

R00flers!

Graphically it won't come close to Oblivion but it'll easliy beat it in the story department. Well, practically any other RPG out there has a better story than Oblivion. I still gotta give props to Bethseda for making it look good graphically. I'm sure it made nVidia and ATI happy too with all the people out there who had to upgrade in order to play the damn game. What a shame.