http://www.gamebanshee.com/editorials/e32006page7.php

Mostly a retreat of past articles; but one important new tidbit:

"but they

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Ask Obsidian. They were planning to force everyone (save those classes with forced alignments ala paladins) to start off True Neutral. Read the article. :("

I'm glad they changed their minds.

Now, on to the death rule!!!!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"That's stupid. I dictate what alignment my character is, not the bloody game."

They changed that. Unless you mean the fact your alignment can chnage during the game? I;m glad they're doing it that way. It is only logical. Afterall, just because you choose LG at the start doesn't mean you should stay LG after mass murdering a whole town. :rolleyes:

Are you saying it's acceptable for a LG character to commit mass murder of innocent villagers? :thumbsup:?

Hmmm... :ph34r:

P.S. This is a Celebration Thread tm.!!! :-"

Edited by Volourn

Yes, read the article. According to the article, the PC chooses their alignemnt and your actions in game may change the alignment (ie. the example I gave above). That's a good thing. :rolleyes:

Edited by Volourn

It's good they changed it. I pick my characters alignment like I pic their sex or avatar. Now if my alignment changes during the game, well that is good. You get what is coming to you if you do good or bad deeds.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Yes, read the article. According to the article, the PC chooses their alignemnt and your actions in game may change the alignment (ie. the example I gave above). That's a good thing. :rolleyes:

I agree.... I just hope it's not as... rigid as the first NWN.

"It's good they changed it. I pick my characters alignment like I pic their sex or avatar. Now if my alignment changes during the game, well that is good. You get what is coming to you if you do good or bad deeds."

:rolleyes:

P.S. Did you guys even read the aticle before replying to the thread, or even the first post? LOL :D

P.S.S. 'retreat' Ha, silly me! :D I wish i could edit that nonsense.

"agree.... I just hope it's not as... rigid as the first NWN."

What do you mean? NWN actually underused the alignment stuff. I hope (as they have stated) they use it more. I'm thinking KOTOR series/PST amount.

Edited by Volourn

How about this <hello Sawyer, care to comment?>, I think it's perfectly reasonable to make everyone True Neutral. That way, you can prove what you are. It's easy to say you're Lawful Good, but actions speak louder than words. If you start a new game, you'd have to prove yourself. Isn't that like real life? You guys all love iron-man mode.

I have a suspicion that Sawyer didn't like the True Neutral rule. He might be one of the folks who pushed to change it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"I think it's perfectly reasonable to make everyone True Neutral. That way, you can prove what you are. It's easy to say you're Lawful Good, but actions speak louder than words."

Your character is anywhere from 16 (humans) -120+ years (elves); you have had plenty of time to make the chocie. The act of choosing an alignment at character creation in D&D signalfies your character's history, and past moral code.

Are you going to see all teens are of the same moral fibre? That's a joke... not to mention an elf who has lived over a century by the time they reach adulthood.

Let's also not get started on clerics. As a cleric you have to worship a god who fits your alignemnt 9within a certain degree; not exact) so it seems silly a TN cleric would worship certain gods.

Forcing alignments at start of game = bad form on part of Dm.

Game over.

"You are dealing with 3rd edition rules, any alignment goes."

W H A T ! ? ! :rolleyes:

Edited by Volourn

Ah, but you're a new kid in town. Are you saying that your history in one town gives you the same rep in another town? The way I see it, you should start as True Neutral until proven good or wicked. Well, you could start out wicked, Vol.

Come on, choice is always illusion! You aren't showing what you are. Alignment is nothing more than reputation. History? Give me a break! You can say what you want, but I'm not going to trust you until I see you in action. After that, I still won't trust you, but I might like you.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ah, but you're a new kid in town.  Are you saying that your history in one town gives you the same rep in another town?  The way I see it, you should start as True Neutral until proven good or wicked.  Well, you could start out wicked, Vol.

Come on, choice is always illusion!  You aren't showing what you are.  Alignment is nothing more than reputation.  History?  Give me a break!  You can say what you want, but I'm not going to trust you until I see you in action.  After that, I still won't trust you, but I might like you.

That made no sense :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

Well.... unless you're saying we should start at Zero level...

Now that has potential :-

Exactly! Start at level Zero! Bring the boy up from nothing. Well, maybe the girl.

Face it, alignment sucks. Having someone tell me that his history makes him the paragon of goodness while he acts out the role of a wretched villain doesn't make him evil. It makes him crazy.

Down with alignment! I mean, what the hell, why doesn't every town have someone who casts detect evil every day. Bring everyone in and kill the folks who glow! hahahaha

True Neutral gives the designers a chance to show the players who's boss! Alignment is an illusion. The only thing that matters is reputation, and that should start out at zero.

Obsidian Plays