Supreme Commander - First Trailer

Gas-Powered Games and Crhis Taylor, huh? The same people who gave us such outstanding games such as Dungeon Siege 1&2 ? :)"

( Im not touching this game with a 3m pole )

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Actually, Gas Powered games and Chris Taylor are most famous because of Total Annihilation, which many consider to be the best RTS ever created. This is a return to those roots, and hence a pretty solid buzz about it. I hate RTS's, but I'm glad they are returning to their roots.

First RTS since RA1 that seems worth looking at...

Says enough for me...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Looks pretty sweet. Hopefully there'll be as big a variety of units as it would seem from this trailer. I like the look of the troop dropships and the amphibious vehicles.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Gas-Powered Games and Crhis Taylor, huh? The same people who gave us such outstanding games such as Dungeon Siege 1&2 ?  :("

( Im not touching this game with a 3m pole )

Chris Taylor was lead designer on Fallout, and he did an amazing job.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

The trailer is also available now in Full Res on other sites (free) for people who do not want to have a Gamespot account...

One such a site

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Even higher quality then the FilePlanet one

Credit to MadBoris (from the GPG-forums)

^

That's a little extreme, Kaftan, the whole AWESOME ****ING RTS trailer we're seeing here taken into consideration. :D

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Yeah the video doesn't really show off the map scaling they have planned. I was kinda hoping it would, but I guess they're still in very early development.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

This might be something for you

(NOTE: Shaky cam video made on E3. So don't expect high-quality!)

^

Besides that it is from a very old engine of SupCom. The "current" SupCom looks very different (read: better).

Anyways; Watch the movie!

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

This one's a little better on showing the old design scale:

scale.jpg

Clearly that's missing from the trailer atm, but like I say, early days.

No telling of size whatsoever, eh... :blink:"

Also note this is a "small" map. It can be 16x bigger! :o

^

16x bigger than *that* map specifically? Did they actually say that?

Because, relatively, that one doesn't look too big.

because you can make out the coastline?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

16x bigger than *that* map specifically? Did they actually say that?

Because, relatively, that one doesn't look too big.

This might be something for you

(NOTE: Shaky cam video made on E3. So don't expect high-quality!)

^