Videocard thread

Bokishi

Ah, I remember the Riva TNT.  Fond memories.  It's just so sad that new cards cost so much money.  It's a real bank breaker.

My specific Riva TNT2 was strangely good. It cost 100

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Only one I can remember is the one I've got now, an FX5500.

>_<

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

So really, my current card is up to standards with what you jerks had in your computers in the late 90's.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I had a series of onboard stuff until 2002.

2002-2006: GeForce 3.

Last 3 weeks: 6600GT.

Edit: Forgot the laptop. I got it in late '04; it has a Radeon Mobility 9000.

Edited by Enoch

I had a GeForce 4 integrated 64 MB card in my computer when I bought it in 2003. This spring I upgraded to a GeForce 6600 GT. The only game I really needed it for was Bloodlines, but it's made KOTOR and GTA:SA look and play light years better as well.

Before that I remember having a 1 MB video card in my family's first computer, a P133 IBM Aptiva, and I have no idea what was in the Dell they bought five years ago.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

386: No clue

P2: No clue what the original card was, got replaced by a Riva TNT2Ultra

P1 (yes; got that one after the P2): Onboard. 2MB thingie... :thumbsup:

P4: GeForce 2GTS

AMD-64 (current): GeForce 6600GT

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I can't remember what my Atari 800 had for a video card. hahaha

Seriously, though, the card I just bought is probably the most cutting edge I've ever bought.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

My first graphic card was a Nvidia Geforce MX 440... piece of junk, but I played Final Fantasy XI for a hole year before it stopped working all together (w/ a Celeron!).

Second card was a Geforce 6800. Great card. I would still be using it but I got a great deal on a ATI X800XL so I took it.

Well I had an onboard graphics solution once on a Pentium 3 PC. It was a crappy Intel i810 based chipset (but it could do DOT3 bumpmapping :blink:)

When I got a Pentium 4 computer, I initially had crappy onboard Intel i845 graphics, before the mobo died 2 weeks after purchase (defective capacitors apparently).

As a replacement, I got an Intel i850 chipset mobo, and it did not have integrated graphics. Therefore I purchased a 64MB DDR GeForce4 MX 440-8X graphics card.

Now, I have an AMD64-based PC with a 128MB GeForce FX 5900 (non-Ultra, non-XT) graphics card. It has made all the difference in the world compared to my MX440. Most of my games still work good, especially OpenGL games whih still work extremely well with this card.

I'm holding my money for the release of the GeForce 8 series. :thumbsup:

Cirrus Logic VGA 512kb (First PC I ever Owned...)

ATI Rage 128 (I think that is the correct card not too sure it was a long time ago)

3dfx Voodoo 3 (Loved it, I still think the old voodoo's has the best quality of colour)

tnt2

(I had two systems)

geforce 3 ti

geforce 4 MX

(Back to one system)

geforce FX 5500

geforce 6600

Next update will be when the whole DX10 thing finally hits us.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I know. I considered waiting for DX10, but there's always something around the corner and I don't trust the new standard to hit right away. Getting a motherboard with dual slots I can allegedly use at the same time with different cards does a lot to ease my pain. I hope.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The first time I played Battle Chess was on a hercules card.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I can't remember what my Atari 800 had for a video card.  hahaha

Had to have been better than the one in my old Timex-Sinclair 2000... :blink:

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

I know.  I considered waiting for DX10, but there's always something around the corner and I don't trust the new standard to hit right away.  Getting a motherboard with dual slots I can allegedly use at the same time with different cards does a lot to ease my pain.  I hope.

Too each there own, man, but personally I would have gotten a mid range card for about $100 to $150. They are good enough to run anything that is out now and the coming year or two, then when the next gen crap comes out after Vista then spend the money on getting a high end card. At least that is my plan.

I can understand that strategy. It's a good strategy. I'm following the same one, only I'm more willing to drop the coin for a high end card. Still, you know what they say about a fool and his money? That's probably me.

Obsidian Plays