Dreamfall storyline

WARNING: MASSIVE SPOILERS BEWARE! DO NOT GO FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT BEATEN THIS GAME.*************************************************************

Just beat the game and the story is awesome, but BUT it hasn't been completed yet.

From what I gather at the beggining of the game Brian Westhouse starts off in a Chpater called tainted, hes at a tibetan monastary and if you listen in on the monks you can hear them say that Brian in the one, and the "Undreamer will be unleashed" Once he goes to the circle he is transported to an unknown place, where the undreamer captures him, which somehow lets it unleashed.

I believe this undreamer that they talk about is what Peat has created at WATI CORP. It sucks dreams from people, what else i do not know.

I think Brian Westhouse is the Prophet. He is tainted now from the undreamer, possessed if you will. He shows up soon after the prophet is in town to talk to April, and april seems to be cautious towards him. The Prophet was relaying messages to the emassary about the tower which is related to the undreamer. And Brian Westhouse also went with Zoe to the Dark People Library to see the White Driac Kin where the White told Westhouse that he was giving her goosebumps. Later on it showed her being attacked.

I also think that Reza was under the same thing as Brian at the end.

And did anybody see the clip after the credits of Brian Westhouse climbing a Tibetan mountain and falling, and then a stranger appears and helps him up, calles himself Chavez and tells him that time is like a circle and they go on. Who is Chavez?

Also Why does the girl say save april Ryan if April is stabbed anyway? That girl reminds me exactly of the girl in TLG, i thought they were connected someway but it turns out Zoe and Faith were sisters biologically by the docter/scientist Chang.

What weirder is that all the characters seem to be orphans April, Zoe, Kian and Faith, but Zoe and Faith seem to be related with Chang and Gabriel perhaps.

Who is Chavez, and Lady Alvane? Kian is suposedly Kian Alvane right? Vamon calls him that alot, and is disturbed that he has no bloodline.

And Why did the Dark guy who guided the boat not recognize Zoe as the "Wave" when clearly he should have because they are all connected, they all share the same mind. The other Dark guy clearly stated this.

Any thoughts? :(

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Who is Chavez, and Lady Alvane? Kian is suposedly Kian Alvane right? Vamon calls him that alot, and is disturbed that he has no bloodline.

Lady Alvane is April in her golden years, if you watched the Epilogue at the end of TLJ1. You see a grey old crow reminisce with her about their "adventures". So basically in TLJ1, April of the future saves April of the past through that secret door.

What does this mean? My best guess is that Kian Alvane will become April's love interest (taking the ending of TLJ1, it's obvious that April will come back from the dead somehow, unless Ragnar Tornquist decides to break the canon of the last game... which he might) and they will eventually get married, thus his last name will therefore be taken by April. Thus becoming "Lady Alvane".

. Westhouse shifted and met the Undreaming in 1933, way before Peats.

. It's hard to know who the prophet is and who captured/killed the White Kin, it could be Westhouse, the Dark Person who cant see April as a wave or someone else.

. Reza is in the same state as the twins and the cat, exept he is not controlled by Peats but by someone else.

. Chavez is Cortez, the Red of the Kin.

. April is related to the Draic'Kin, death might not be the "end" for her. Also, you've to remember that it's easier for her to shift when she's in danger.

. Lady Alvane is most likely April Ryan.

What seemed really random to me is Zoe's story dealing with her family. I wonder how that is going to play out in the next installment.

I thought this whole game that the little girl was april ryan from the guardians realm when she has to deal with her dad to pass the challenge. But Ragner decided to do a typical scarey little girl that intercepts the tv with static. Meh. And it becoes her little sister?! Even deeper they have the same mother.

So what did everyone think of the White Driac Kin Death? Did you hear the feathers flapping inthe back ground? Was it westhouse, rennegade darkperson, or Craw(unlikely?).

Myspace Website!

My rig

The whole faith issue kinda is meh to me. Was FAITH the right word to use? What was his definition? because i translate it as trust, blind trust right? So everyone was saying "have faith" blah blah, have trust in what?

She was looking for a purpose that would give her the will to power again, yes i know but what role does faith have really?

I know faith can act as a placebo effect if its true, but what it was directed towards is a mystery.

So was Faith the right word to use? :wacko:

Myspace Website!

My rig

here's what Ragnar had to say:

Dreamfall is driven by story, the story needed to be told from different perspectives, we really needed to get in the heads of all these different characters. There is a strong theme in Dreamfall that we worked on from the very beginning and the theme is faith; having faith, losing faith, regaining faith, and all of these characters are on different points in the whole journey of faith:

Zoe is someone who just recently dropped out of college, dumped her boyfriend and moved in with her dad. She doesn't know what to do with her life, she's lost faith in herself.

April is somebody who saved the world ten years ago, and has lost complete faith in everything. She thinks everything sucks because she sacrificed everything and received nothing in return.

The most interesting character, the third playable character, Kian is a person completely driven by faith. He's a holy assassin, an apostle, a missionary, he lives and dies by the sword. He's a man who sort of follows his faith blindly.

And all these three characters will progress from a point on this whole "faith graph" to another point... it's funny we actually created this huge chart which plots people on a faith graph. It sounds really strange, but it's the way I work with stories, especially with themes. Make sure every character changes, goes on a journey, that's what The Longest Journey is about: going on a journey that's both physical and emotional and spiritual. To do that we had to say, "Okay, this person lost faith. This person regains faith" and everybody, all the major characters of the game, relates to that in some level. So the theme of faith... it's gonna be obvious when you play the game, especially when you get to the end. That's what the game is all about and we needed these different characters to show what it's about from different perspectives. So yeah, that's a real long-winded way of saying we needed three characters cause they're all very different.

For me, April and Kian were much more interesting than Zo