DVD vs CD

I have a floppy drive. I don't use it. Well, except I still have a few old archives on floppies somewhere....

I have a DVD-RW...tho I don't really care about the multiple disc thing in terms of just installing. If it means I have to switch discs to play, I don't like that tho. Some older games I'd install everything to the HD so I wouldn't have to switch. Bleh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I hate disc switching.  I remember back in the days of the Commode 64 and the 5 1/4 discs.  Man, there was a lot of disc swapping then.  I don't want to see a repeat of that so I am all for DVDs.

Even if DVDs became the standard... you'll still have disc swapping.

You KNOW developers would take advantage of this.

It's been proven time and time again.

Hades For the Phail :thumbsup:

Edited by Darque

You don't need to switch Cds to play games? What games are YOU playing?

Hahahaha.... :D

...more seriously...I think BG was the last one I played where I actually had to swap CD's mid-gameplay.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh, that is simple. It is because the publisher is ether too incompetent by releasing a game that has a major bug in its install program that erases the OS or that they follow unsavory business practices that killed one of my favorite development houses. Incompetence and unethical business practices are very good reasons not to buy games from certain publishers.

"Hahahaha....

...more seriously...I think BG was the last one I played where I actually had to swap CD's mid-gameplay."

Heh. Typo aside, yup, BG is the last game I remember having to constantly switch Cds... BG2 maybe? Can't remember.

This is the new age of the CD where you only need the play cd in the tray. No CD swapping at all while playing.

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I wouldn't. Publishers who have proven themselves to be incompetent need to go the way of the dodo, so I don't care who the developer is. If the publisher is to incompetent to make sure the installer works or to lame to give the game proper support after release then there is no reason to buy the game.

Yet, Hades bought NWN, and will buy NWN2 despite Atari (a company he despises) is publishing it. Hmm...

Despise, yes, but they haven't done anything major like the PoOR 2 incident with Ubisoft. I will not buy an Ubisoft game. Period.

Sucks to be you :)

I've got several games published by them, and no complaints :)

:p