Revan vs Palaptine!

Powerful or not, you still have no concrete information suggesting that Sidious would, in fact, defeat Revan in a battle.

Oh, and as Official it may be at this time, it is still not a universal truth. It is the collective decision of an obvious conglomerate of idiocy and ignorance. This can change at anytime. Additionally, given any circumstance, The Force will continue to fluctuate. It is impossible to calculate a medium. As we all know, a Jedi/Sith receives his/her power from The Force. Ergo, it is impossible to calculate who is more powerful.

PLEASE TRY AGAIN!... MMMUUAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I'm going to refer to the direct statement from NEC:

"Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate Chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history"

I'm sorry but whether you like it or not, Palpatine, for now, Palpatine is the most powerful. BTW, I'm going to be kicking myself to rely on this but oh well. The Force, in scientific terms, are decided by the midi-chlorians. Apparantly, Palpatine has more then Revan therefore, Palps smashes Palpatine. The only advantage Revan may have is that he is younger then Palpatine. You can't simply ignore declared canon. If this were a D20 game (meaning Revan versus Palpatine) in the whole stat thing, Palpatine would outrank Revan by far.

First, Midi-chlorians only communicate the will of The Force, they are not the deciding factor in a Force battle. "Apparantly, Palpatine has more then Revan therefore"... HAHAHAHAHA!.. APPARENTLY?! You know nothing. There is no statistical or even substantial information confiming this to the least. Did you create this garbage yourself? I'm sure you did. Like I said earlier... "Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate Chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history"... "Idiocy and Ignorance". Do you know what this is? Do you? This is but the view and imaginative conjugation of an over privileged Author. Nothing more. As for the rest, I refer back to last statement.

My dabate ends here, Fellas.

Nevertheless,it was authorized and reviewed by LFL,and they released it that way.And yes,it DOES says that in the NEC,page 84 ,to be more specific.And you still haven't provided proof as to how Revan is more powerful than Palpatine.

Edited by jodo kast 5

In terms of the movie, I found Yoda's retreat from Palpatine a bit contrived. I know this is because Palpatine has to survive and Yoda has to go into hiding, but they could have dealt with it better than Yoda being pushed back/falling and then giving up. :)

Also, from my innocent layman's point of view, the movies, at least, really seemed to imply that the concentration level of the midichlorians was a factor in power levels. Perhaps not everything, but still a factor. Do these 'canon' books or other official sources actually say they are not? Just curious.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I know that Eu Luke with his abilities seems to be able to take out everything,but Im mostly talking about darkside Sidious vs. Revan lightside. Canon is canon and Im not one to argue with that,but this only includes the sith and since there seems to be no comparison between ls Revan and Ds Revan who knows?

oye... star wars has become the new comic books... (is this that and the other thing cannon? I donno)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Thread pruned in an effort to keep it open. Let's keep the debates civil and minus the insults.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How many pages do we need of this? Revan wipes the floor with Palpatine. Flawless victory.  :(

I suscribe to that! Revan is one the strongest Jedi/ Sith ever. And s/he has not reached his/her full potential at KOTOR I. Moreover, s/he was one of the Jedi/ Sith with the deepest knowledge of the power. Just Luke got the potential to reach Revan.

In terms of the movie, I found Yoda's retreat from Palpatine a bit contrived. I know this is because Palpatine has to survive and Yoda has to go into hiding, but they could have dealt with it better than Yoda being pushed back/falling and then giving up. >_<

Also, from my innocent layman's point of view, the movies, at least, really seemed to imply that the concentration level of the midichlorians was a factor in power levels. Perhaps not everything, but still a factor. Do these 'canon' books or other official sources actually say they are not? Just curious.

Great point, LC.

I'll just refer to what I said earlier, "Midi-chlorians only communicate the will of The Force". Anakin Skywalker had the highest Midi-chlorian count recorded, yet Obi-Wan Kenobi was able to cut him down to size...

In terms of the movie, I found Yoda's retreat from Palpatine a bit contrived. I know this is because Palpatine has to survive and Yoda has to go into hiding, but they could have dealt with it better than Yoda being pushed back/falling and then giving up. ;)

Great point, LC.

I'll just refer to what I said earlier, "Midi-chlorians only communicate the will of The Force". Anakin Skywalker had the highest Midi-chlorian count recorded, yet Obi-Wan Kenobi was able to cut him down to size...

It doesn't account for pure stupidity. True, Revan and Palpatine were both amazing intellectuals, but who is the one who ended up ruling a galactic wide Empire?

Revan had a chance to,but he definately wasn't as cunning as Palpatine.Palpatine planned and manipulated everything during the PT,instead of just destorying the Republic army,he turned it to his cause,I'd say that's better than what Revan was originally planning.

In terms of the movie, I found Yoda's retreat from Palpatine a bit contrived. I know this is because Palpatine has to survive and Yoda has to go into hiding, but they could have dealt with it better than Yoda being pushed back/falling and then giving up. ;)

Great point, LC.

It doesn't account for pure stupidity. True, Revan and Palpatine were both amazing intellectuals, but who is the one who ended up ruling a galactic wide Empire?

Okay... So whats your point? Palpatine founded the Empire on Deception and the manipulation of others, not The Force.

Revan was cunning but naive,you're a sith and you're not expecting your apprentice to betray you? Come on thats just dumb, Sidious for the most part kept that in mind,until Vader tossed him over. But seriously if we're talking sith,Sidious is stronger its canon get over it. If ur talking ls revan well theres no way to prove that and that be mere opinion. Canon is canon whether we like it or not and its whats gonna stand unless some future change comes.Just like the gender issues that have arisen,canon is canon.

Revan had a chance to,but he definately wasn't as cunning as Palpatine.Palpatine planned and manipulated everything during the PT,instead of just destorying the Republic army,he turned it to his cause,I'd say that's better than what Revan was originally planning.

As "cunning" as he may be Politically, Palpatine is not a very good fighter.

Revan was cunning but naive,you're a sith and you're not expecting your apprentice to betray you? Come on thats just dumb, Sidious for the most part kept that in mind,until Vader tossed him over. But seriously if we're talking sith,Sidious is stronger its canon get over it. If ur talking ls revan well theres no way to prove that and that be mere opinion. Canon is canon whether we like it or not and its whats gonna stand unless some future change comes.Just like the gender issues that have arisen,canon is canon.

Sidious is not stronger and it is not canon because an idiot included it in a sentence. You assume too much.

You want to see something "Official"?...

I am Officially declaring Revan the victor over Palpatine in "Revan vs Palpatine!"

Unless you work for LFL,you're full of it.

And,again,the NEC was read by LFL and released that way,it is canon,accept it.

You have the proof right infront of you and you still fail to see it.The NEC is canon,it was authorized AND reviewed by LFL,and they released it that way.It's not their fault that your boy Revan can't bend the fabric of space and destory entire fleets with the power of the dark side like Palpatine,which I have yet to see Revan do,most likely because he can't.

Palpatine wins.

Edited by jodo kast 5

Unless you work for LFL,you're full of crap, fanboy.

And,again,the NEC was read by LFL and released that way,it is canon,accept it.

Now I,Officially, declare you an idiot.You have the proof right infront of you and you still fail to see it.The NEC is canon,it was authorized AND reviewed by LFL,and they released it that way.It's not their fault that your boy Revan can't bend the fabric of space and destory entire fleets with the power of the dark side like Palpatine,which I have yet to see Revan do,most likely because he can't.

Palpatine wins.

Too late, Nutsack! AAAH AHAHAHAHAHA! (w00t)

It has already been declared! My word is just as good as LFL! It is Official!

Revan wins! You lose!

BYE BYE!