Revan vs Palaptine!

Guest The Architect
yo so what if they are from different times?

kriea had no diffuculty comparing you to marka ragnos and exar kun

in fact she sed u were weak and a child compared to them

First of all, Marka Ragnos and Exar Kun were BEFORE Kreia's time, so enough would have been known about them for Kreia to compare them with the Exile accurately enough.

Also, by Palpatine's time Revan has been dead for close to 4000 years, so what does she know of his abilities? She can speak only to the skills of the Jedi and Sith of her own age and of the past, not ones that don't exist yet.

Besides, it's only Kreia's point of view, it's impossible to determine who is more powerful out of Revan and Palpatine, because they exist in different timelines, yes, comparisons can be made, but nothing more. Enough of this 'video game character vs. movie character' garbage debate, in the end, who cares who is more powerful? Seriously, we will NEVER know, anyone with half a brain realises that it's the authors that decide how powerful someone is, NOT stats, feats, force-powers and all that kind of mumbo jumbo.

If I was a professional writer who had the permission to write an official Star Wars EU book, then I could write a book where Palpatine fights a ghost form of Revan, and there, I could decide who is more powerful, I can make Palpatine win or Revan win, simple as that.

But then of course the fact that they exist in completely different timelines comes into play once again as, for example, many people could argue that ghost Revan is much weaker than he/she was when he/she was alive and fought in the Jedi Civil War, and that's the only reason why Palpatine won.

Edited by The Architect

The New Essential Chronology also confirms that Palpatine was the most powerful Sith in History,page 84. ;)

Just don't say that around the Revan fanboys... ;):lol::o

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I agree that Sidious was indeed the most influential Sith, but not the most powerful. Change is inductive to Time. It is inevitable that people change with Time. The Universe is in a constant state of change. As is The Force. These characters are nothing without The Force. Power is temporary, if at all existent.

True,but last time I checked,the NEC IS an Official Source and it says that Palpatine IS the most powerful of them all,that includes the Ancient Sith aswell. LA & LFL are allowed to call it like they see it.;)

@Xard:According to LA and LFL,Sidious does.

Edited by jodo kast 5

Depends. Masters like Windu could be powerful in some sense. Perhaps like mastery of sabers or in terms of some parts of Force understanding.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

My gut feeling says Revan would take this. I've got nothing to go on other than that. We can't possibly know.

Since I tend to place Revan inbetween Yoda and Luke in terms of potential and power - though I've nothing to support that - I'd say that straight up, Revan would defeat Palpatine. Well, movie Palpatine anyway.

Sidious being the "most powerful Sith ever" only works with me if that's taking into account *every aspect* of him, and NOT just his power in the Force - so that means that when you add his political genius, his being Emperor of the Galaxy and THEN his force power, you get the "most powerful Sith ever".

The problem is that the RotS film made Palpatine look pretty crap. I'm sorry, but it did. When he cut down those three masters, he didn't look good - they just looked bad. Then he proceeded to lose to Mace Windu (though I'm aware of the possum debate) and only beat Yoda down to luck.

And this was all with the light side being at its *weakest ever*.

Had Palpatine been the most *powerful* Sith ever, he should have *pillaged* both Mace and Yoda, since the dark side was reaching it's zenith. As it stands, he tried to *run away* from Yoda when he was confronted.

Oh, and as a side note, can I just point out that Kreia was referring specifically to lightsaber combat when she spoke of the ancient Sith Lords being greater than the KotOR era ones? And that's down to the techniques having been lost over time, rather than the KotOR era folks being "incapable of ever being as good". And unless he gave it to Uthar Wynn - who he killed anyway - it's likely Revan got a hold of Tulak Hord's holocron... so...

Whatever. It doesn't matter. The two will never fight and LucasFilm are never going to release a big "Midi-chlorian" list or something, so the debate is pointless.

I like Revan more, so my opinion is incredibly slanted. I mean, I was a Jedi vicariously through Revan - not Palpatine. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: To start off id like to say everyone on this page has a particular point and position they are coming from. also we have 2 great sith at larger on a much larger scale to be weighed.

first off sidious is a gggrrrrreeeeeaaaaaatttttt sith lord there realy isn't enough you can say about his plot to overthrow the "republick" and destroy the "jedie".

secondly I think he seriously screwed up on his apprentice, come on Anakin was the most powerful of all characters in the star wars universe(that I know of) he could have been much better,thats not to say he wasn't great or anything but still theres got to be some one who agrees with me.

now on to Revan first things first do I hear a backwards anakin anybody?

damn the jedi and their hot sexy double bladed women! Revan was a good jedi, then a great sith then a jedi again terible terible busnies it is to see one so strong be seduced so easily by the 1 thing jedi discriminate against the most!I mean come on as a sith revan single henedly started the and ended the mandilorian wars and spawn one of the most feared and coolest sith ever in malak.

but overall id have to say that i cant really tell whod win between them well have to wait untill lucas hires me as a comic book artist to see who would win! as if that will ever happen :ermm:

True,but last time I checked,the NEC IS an Official Source and it says that Palpatine IS the most powerful of them all,that includes the Ancient Sith aswell. LA & LFL are allowed to call it like they see it.:rolleyes:

@Xard:According to LA and LFL,Sidious does.

This may be true but, what is Power? Define Power. This is a very general term that is easily misinterpreted. Power can be altered by environmental circumstances or even one's perception of the word. Documented it may be, Sidious' power in correlation with an ever-changing entity such as The Force is unknown.

Doesn't matter,LA and LFL are the the guys who Decipher and seperate canon from what in not canon,and they say that Sidious is the most powerful SIth in HISTORY,and knows every Dark Side technique ever made and even made a few himself.It doesn't matter what you or I think,we aren't the ones who have the authority to say what is canon and what is not.

Besides,we hardly even know anything about Revan.Wherein I have provided valid and Official sources claiming that Sidious was the most Powerful Sith ever.

Edited by jodo kast 5

Guest The Architect
My gut feeling says Revan would take this. I've got nothing to go on other than that. We can't possibly know.

Since I tend to place Revan inbetween Yoda and Luke in terms of potential and power - though I've nothing to support that - I'd say that straight up, Revan would defeat Palpatine. Well, movie Palpatine anyway.

Sidious being the "most powerful Sith ever" only works with me if that's taking into account *every aspect* of him, and NOT just his power in the Force - so that means that when you add his political genius, his being Emperor of the Galaxy and THEN his force power, you get the "most powerful Sith ever".

The problem is that the RotS film made Palpatine look pretty crap. I'm sorry, but it did. When he cut down those three masters, he didn't look good - they just looked bad. Then he proceeded to lose to Mace Windu (though I'm aware of the possum debate) and only beat Yoda down to luck.

And this was all with the light side being at its *weakest ever*.

Had Palpatine been the most *powerful* Sith ever, he should have *pillaged* both Mace and Yoda, since the dark side was reaching it's zenith. As it stands, he tried to *run away* from Yoda when he was confronted.

Oh, and as a side note, can I just point out that Kreia was referring specifically to lightsaber combat when she spoke of the ancient Sith Lords being greater than the KotOR era ones? And that's down to the techniques having been lost over time, rather than the KotOR era folks being "incapable of ever being as good". And unless he gave it to Uthar Wynn - who he killed anyway - it's likely Revan got a hold of Tulak Hord's holocron... so...

Whatever. It doesn't matter. The two will never fight and LucasFilm are never going to release a big "Midi-chlorian" list or something, so the debate is pointless.

I like Revan more, so my opinion is incredibly slanted. I mean, I was a Jedi vicariously through Revan - not Palpatine. :-

Good post! o:)

The New Essential Chronology also confirms that Palpatine was the most powerful Sith in History,page 84. :x

Just don't say that around the Revan fanboys... ;);):o

I disagree - please DO say it around them, preferably repeatedly and loud :ermm:

I don't really care what he says. I just know that Revan would obliterate all that is Palpatine.

Doesn't matter,LA and LFL are the the guys who Decipher and seperate canon from what in not canon,and they say that Sidious is the most powerful SIth in HISTORY,and knows every Dark Side technique ever made and even made a few himself.It doesn't matter what you or I think,we aren't the ones who have the authority to say what is canon and what is not.

Besides,we hardly even know anything about Revan.Wherein I have provided valid and Official sources claiming that Sidious was the most Powerful Sith ever.

It does matter. There is nothing for them to "desipher". To say that Sidious is aware of all Dark Side Abilities would be a completely invalid statement. Force Abilities are not made, they are discovered. Sidious is dead, and new Force Abilities will continue to be discovered. "History" is constantly unraveling. Also, due to the fact no one has actually taken the time to elaborate on Revan's true Force potential, it is impossible to determine at this point, even if Sidious is declared and documented to be "Most Powerful" by a group of idiots who obviously did not take into account the remainder of the incomplete Star Wars History. Their words translate to nothing.

On a more personal note, I believe Revan would kick Sidious' arse into an alternate Star Wars Timeline.

No,it doesn't.Do you work for LFL?No.Do I work for LFL?No.Therefore what WE think,doesn't matter.You and I are not the guys who decipher what's canon from what is not.

And what proof do you have that Revan would beat Palpatine?I have yet to see you show anything that is Official,wherein I,have.And read my post,genius,I said the The New Essential Chronology said so,which it does and last time I checked,it IS canon,unlike your opinion.

And you spelled 'Decipher' wrong.

@Jediphile:Just try telling that to Dooku fanboys,they think that they're opinion(Much like these Revan Fanboys) is canon.

Edited by jodo kast 5

It does matter. There is nothing for them to "decipher". To say that Sidious is aware of all Dark Side Abilities would be a completely invalid statement. Force Abilities are not made, they are discovered. Sidious is dead, and new Force Abilities will continue to be discovered. "History" is constantly unraveling. Also, due to the fact no one has actually taken the time to elaborate on Revan's true Force potential, it is impossible to determine at this point, even if Sidious is declared and documented to be "Most Powerful" by a group of idiots who obviously did not take into account the remainder of the incomplete Star Wars History. Their words translate to nothing.

On a more personal note, I believe Revan would kick Sidious' arse into an alternate Star Wars Timeline.

Alright,where does it say that anyone is more powerful than Palpatine?And I mean right now?Legacy doesn't state it,every other guy after the clone emperor is weak.Here's a link that shows just how powerful Palpatine is,and this is just his Clone Form,and the NEC states that that he is the most powerful at the time of ROTS:

Clone Emperor's power

I seriously doubt Revan could pull something like that off.

Edited by jodo kast 5

You can throw vulgar words at me till' the cows come home.I have yet to see you provide a single shred of Official evidence besides your own overbiased opinion,that says Revan can beat Palpatine.I have provided valid sources,and until something new comes along that states Revan is the Most Powerful Sith,Sidious is the most powerful.LFL stated it,they're words are Official,your words aren't.

And no,you aren't a genius,it was sarcasm,you haven't even provided a source for where it says in words ,besides your own overbiased opinion,that Revan can beat Palpatine.

Edited by jodo kast 5

You can throw vulgar words at me till' the cows come home.I have yet to see you provide a single shred of Official evidence besides your own overbiased opinion,that says Revan can beat Palpatine.I have provided valid sources,and until something new comes along that states Revan is the Most Powerful Sith,Sidious is the most powerful.LFL stated it,they're words are Official,your words aren't.

And no,you aren't a genius,it was sarcasm,you haven't even provided a source for where it says in words ,besides your own overbiased opinion,that Revan can beat Palpatine.

HAHAHAHAHA! You're rediculous! Nobody cares man! "Official" can change at any moment. According to Charles Manson, he is officially Jesus and the Antichrist.

I think we need to have an Infinities comic settle this

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

And until it DOES change and say otherwise,Palpatine is still the most powerful Sith Lord in History.And you still haven't provided me any proof saying that Revan could beat Palpatine.

Okay... Whether or not Sidious would survive a battle with Revan is still inconclusive.

Please try again. :thumbsup: ...NOT!

And whether or not Revan would survive a battle with Sidious(Which I highly doubt,from looking at that link to the pic I posted a few posts back) is still inconclusive aswell.You,again,still haven't provided any official evidence saying that Revan is more powerful and can beat Palpatine.

Edited by jodo kast 5

Powerful or not, you still have no concrete information suggesting that Sidious would, in fact, defeat Revan in a battle.

Oh, and as Official it may be at this time, it is still not a universal truth. It is the collective decision of an obvious conglomerate of idiocy and ignorance. This can change at anytime. Additionally, given any circumstance, The Force will continue to fluctuate. It is impossible to calculate a medium. As we all know, a Jedi/Sith receives his/her power from The Force. Ergo, it is impossible to calculate who is more powerful.

PLEASE TRY AGAIN!... MMMUUAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Powerful or not, you still have no concrete information suggesting that Sidious would, in fact, defeat Revan in a battle.

Oh, and as Official it may be at this time, it is still not a universal truth. It is the collective decision of an obvious conglomerate of idiocy and ignorance. This can change at anytime. Additionally, given any circumstance, The Force will continue to fluctuate. It is impossible to calculate a medium. As we all know, a Jedi/Sith receives his/her power from The Force. Ergo, it is impossible to calculate who is more powerful.

PLEASE TRY AGAIN!... MMMUUAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I'm going to refer to the direct statement from NEC:

"Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate Chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history"

I'm sorry but whether you like it or not, Palpatine, for now, Palpatine is the most powerful. BTW, I'm going to be kicking myself to rely on this but oh well. The Force, in scientific terms, are decided by the midi-chlorians. Apparantly, Palpatine has more then Revan therefore, Palps smashes Palpatine. The only advantage Revan may have is that he is younger then Palpatine. You can't simply ignore declared canon. If this were a D20 game (meaning Revan versus Palpatine) in the whole stat thing, Palpatine would outrank Revan by far.