jedi academy

Jedi Academy had better combat gameplay than Kotor, it's no contest. JA was an action game: superior gameplay is what it's all about. Unless Kotor breaks from the not--quite-progressive D&D based combat system (how the hell do you justify applying turns, to super human Jedi combat?), JA will continue to be the better game in the combat category.

Who said that combat in JA lacks finesse? My single-blade Jaden had plenty of nifty moves. JA sticks to Star Wars tradition with its gameplay; Kotor on the other hand, is based off D&D traditions.

Force choking enemies then throwing their carcasses off a ledge, beats every one of the "force powers" in Kotor. Kotor tries with force crush and few other abilities, but when the system doesn't allow Force users to block certain moves it becomes lame. In JA any and every force user can block or counter your offensive force maneuvers.

yes and i think that in kotor its lame that sometimes when u attack the opponet doesnt even have any effect.....and JKA beat kotor in most ways :D

yes and i think that in kotor its lame that sometimes when u attack the opponet doesnt even have any effect.....and JKA beat kotor in most ways :D

Kotor is way better than Jedi Academy.Better story,that's not even debatable.For me the combat system was better than in Jedi Academy.More force powers in Kotor than in JA.The only point which JA can beat Kotor in my opinion is in the multiplayer mode because kotor does not have one.

I would have to agree with Revan Sky's comment. As for the combat in KOTOR II, hopefully a much more extensible and intuitive combat system will be implemented in KOTOR III.

Jedi Academy had better combat gameplay than Kotor, it's no contest. JA was an action game: superior gameplay is what it's all about. Unless Kotor breaks from the not--quite-progressive D&D based combat system (how the hell do you justify applying turns, to super human Jedi combat?), JA will continue to be the better game in the combat category.

Who said that combat in JA lacks finesse? My single-blade Jaden had plenty of nifty moves. JA sticks to Star Wars tradition with its gameplay; Kotor on the other hand, is based off D&D traditions.

Force choking enemies then throwing their carcasses off a ledge, beats every one of the "force powers" in Kotor. Kotor tries with force crush and few other abilities, but when the system doesn't allow Force users to block certain moves it becomes lame. In JA any and every force user can block or counter your offensive force maneuvers.

Kotor is way better than Jedi Academy.Better story,that's not even debatable.For me the combat system was better than in Jedi Academy.More force powers in Kotor than in JA.The only point which JA can beat Kotor in my opinion is in the multiplayer mode because kotor does not have one.

I would have to agree with Revan Sky's comment. As for the combat in KOTOR II, hopefully a much more extensible and intuitive combat system will be implemented in KOTOR III.

I agree that the combat system in kotor had some flaws and involve the player in the combat less than in jedi academy but it was way more strategic in combat not just hack and slash.So like Exar Kun a more extensible and intuitive kotor combat system in kotor 3 will be the best we can have.

JA was superior because of two things:-

1) Action gameplay in combat can be a lot more fun than D&D gameplay in combat.

2) The concept of applying D&D rule sets in combat in real time scenarios, is an interesting concept, but it didn't quite achieve what it could have with Kotor. Because Kotor lacks real time strategy, has generally unremarkable animations and not very intuitive combat, JA's combat is superior. JA delivered on the on the few things it set out to accomplish: bringing intensity and tension into the combat experience.

K2's AI coordination could have been specific for certain fighting scenes.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

2) The concept of applying D&D rule sets in combat in real time scenarios, is an interesting concept, but it didn't quite achieve what it could have with Kotor. Because Kotor lacks real time strategy, has generally unremarkable animations and not very intuitive combat, JA's combat is superior. JA delivered on the on the few things it set out to accomplish: bringing intensity and tension into the combat experience.

True,action gameplay can be a lot more fun and it's true that the kotor combat system combat has his flaws but I think realt-time combat often turn in hack and slash which made the combat boring in repetitive like in JA.Sure it's more involving but it's less strategic.

True,action gameplay can be a lot more fun and it's true that the kotor combat system combat has his flaws but I think realt-time combat often turn in hack and slash which made the combat boring in repetitive like in JA.Sure it's more involving but it's less strategic.

Yeah after awhile it did get boring doing the same moves

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

What? Did someone seriously think that KotOR has good combat? I mean, wtf? It's one of the clumsiest systems since Everquest and the like.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, it was not that bad. :thumbsup:

I liked Kotor system pretty much, at least on PC. Dunno about Xbox...

edit: More animations would be fun though when Kotor 3 comes out at 200X

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)