jedi academy

Force Crush was truly overpowered and unresistable even the last boss was not able to resist to it.Which make combat at this point with this power easier than it was actually.

came in kinda useful against that blasted storm beast..

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Force Crush was truly overpowered and unresistable even the last boss was not able to resist to it.Which make combat at this point with this power easier than it was actually.

Yeah, and made end game to be BORING.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

LOL yeah, that dreaded storm beast, the greater one that is

I reckon that crush was too overrated, much overrated there should have been something which prevented it from being so powerful, perhaps it took 2 moves to perform? seriously in the end, you just walked along and zap forced crushed by you, bam there goes the fun and resitance of the enemy. But OE did do something, they made it take up a lot of FP, but if you where like me Jedi COnsular>Sith Lord, you had like 400 FP and more if you where max DS, so you had so much excess FP. And there was the fact that 'saved' happened a bit as well

Would not mind having something like Force Return where a missile sent forth from a Force user actually is repelled and returned back to its original sender. An example being Yoda using the Force to send back a ripped platform in the podium hall against Darth Sidious from SW Episode III: ROTS

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Would not mind having something like Force Return where a missile sent forth from a Force user actually is repelled and returned back to its original sender. An example being Yoda using the Force to send back a ripped platform in the podium hall against Darth Sidious from SW Episode III: ROTS

That will be interesting.Like if you utilize Force Crush on an enemy whose more powerful than you it could ,with force return, return this power doing half the damage it will do habitually.It will make this game a little tougher cause the only way to protect again this force power is by lightsaber combat.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, another thing in Jedi Academy was that those empire troopers wearing hulking thick astronaut-like suits would keep on sending your PC back with shockwave blasts from their heavy guns which made gameplay quite disorientating. And this being especially when trying to navigate pools of lava when looking for an entrance to the Cult base.

Think there was another student of Kyle's that had to be rescued which was involved in defeating Tavion's apprentice.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

well i thought JKA was a good game...and i agree that the stupid space suit looking things were very very gay. Also multiplayer donts suck if u get good at the game its not just hacking with ur saber and spaming force powers..

stealthsig96zx.jpg

Still, fighting isn't elegant lightsaber dueling, just whacking with skill when you become good in game >_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I AM waiting :shifty:

Sure it'll be :shifty:

Hmm, this seems to be off-topic

there never was a jedi acedemy 2, it was outcast and yes that was dodgy but you got to play as kyle katarn to it was a set storyline , unlike in ja where you chose a custom player and they just randomly chose a dorky name like 'jaden'

I agree totally. In Outcast there IS a plot (sort of), in JA it is bunch of missions (which are fun though).

I just finished JA and the missons were fun and the fighting was fun, I espicaly liked force pushing people over cliffs lol. But the plot was ok and the marka ragna ghost wasnt scary it was quite funny looking

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Jedi Academy had better combat gameplay than Kotor, it's no contest. JA was an action game: superior gameplay is what it's all about. Unless Kotor breaks from the not--quite-progressive D&D based combat system (how the hell do you justify applying turns, to super human Jedi combat?), JA will continue to be the better game in the combat category.

Who said that combat in JA lacks finesse? My single-blade Jaden had plenty of nifty moves. JA sticks to Star Wars tradition with its gameplay; Kotor on the other hand, is based off D&D traditions.

Force choking enemies then throwing their carcasses off a ledge, beats every one of the "force powers" in Kotor. Kotor tries with force crush and few other abilities, but when the system doesn't allow Force users to block certain moves it becomes lame. In JA any and every force user can block or counter your offensive force maneuvers.

yes and i think that in kotor its lame that sometimes when u attack the opponet doesnt even have any effect.....and JKA beat kotor in most ways :D

Kotor is way better than Jedi Academy.Better story,that's not even debatable.For me the combat system was better than in Jedi Academy.More force powers in Kotor than in JA.The only point which JA can beat Kotor in my opinion is in the multiplayer mode because kotor does not have one.