jedi academy

As DS end is very funny. :blink: I watch jedis and disciples to fight, then I come and pwn survivors with my neat-o-saber

Pure gold.

And throwing those annoying jedi weaklings to those bottomles pits in last level o:)

Plot of the game is total crap, otherwise it is gold

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Played JA a few times and found its dialogue relatively shallow, but had so much action that I am unsure if a Kotor game could consider it.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Why changed the turn-based combat systme to a real-time one ? All real-time games less focused on the story and emphasized on combat which I think is not the direction the KOTOR serie took.I think if they make some improvement to their turn based combat system that bring this combat system to a near-real time one,it will be the best of the two worlds.

I have played Jedi Academy which I think was a good game when it as released but now I think compare to great games like KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 it's crap.The story is weak,the combat system is horrible,the only thing I like it' s the multiplayer fights.Force pull was the only good thing who should be implented in KOTOR 3 if it comes out.

Almost more than half of each time Force push was used, its damage was relatively insubstantiated against DS force users and fighters.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I played about 60-70% of the way through Jedi Outcast but stopped playing because the gameplay was so horrible...way too "sardine can puzzles".

It did, however, have a really decent story.

Jedi Academy: I've probably only completed about 5% of it and I can tell that the story is nowhere near as good....and WAY too many poorly-used cameos from the movies.

however, it is with Jedi Academy that you start to see something of a LS/DS split emerge, with regard to Force Powers anyway. that, plus the different fighting forms and combat on swoop bikes, make it worthwhile to check out, I think.

but the KOTORs blow these games out of the water...no question.

I would love to see the Kyle Katarn saga morph into Knights of the New Republic....NO MORE JEDI KNIGHT!!!!

Why dont you guys like the JK series so much?There fun games. The controls give you more of a sense of control. Also i think there are Pro and Cons for both. Jedi Knight series. Pro= good contorls and force powers. Con= story lines.

The KotOR series Pro=story line. Con=controls and force powers.

stealthsig96zx.jpg

Well, quite a few of its enemies were either stormtroopers or mostly DS Jedi force users. And it sort of looked like so much of fighting and dialogue was restricted barely to objectives for each mission. You might have noticed it while playing a few games. It had only a few missions that could have been played in any order rather than related through some sense of genuine story involvement. Could always play it through again to see if it makes sense at all.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Why dont you guys like the JK series so much?There fun games. The controls give you more of a sense of control. Also i think there are Pro and Cons for both. Jedi Knight series. Pro= good contorls and force powers. Con= story lines.

What's wrong with the force powers and especially controls? Kotor's are RPG, not action games.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

What's wrong with the force powers and especially controls? Kotor's are RPG, not action games.

Like Xard said the Kotor games are Rpg,so even the controls and force powers are ten times better than in Jedi Academy.How many different force powers you have in JA about ten max and in Kotor about 30 different one with some with 3 tiers so about 50.What do you mean by good controls ?

Jedi Academy was good, but not as cool as KOTOR. The story isn't very good, and I preferred the one of Jedi Outcast.

Jedi Academy was quite plain. I finished it in less than 3 hours... meanwhile, KOTOR is much more fun and you can do a lot more stuff.

I agree with the multiplayer... unfortunately KOTOR doesn't have MP, but if it would then it would be the best game in the universe. You could like play with Revan and fight Sion etc...

Jedi Academy is alright... but KOTOR will always remain in our hearts...

Well, they won't. Kotors are RPG's, not MMORPG's.

Oh, and fighting in JA just looks stupid. Especially in multiplayer. It is not elegant dueling, it is bouncing and rolling and spamming force lighting and whacking with lightsaber. Pity :-

Your right... combat in JA sucks! It's much more realistic in KOTOR... though it's a pity you can't force jump any time you want. If you noticed in K1 when you fight Malak in the end there is one attack that he dodges by using a backward forc jump... how come i can't do that?

Because nasty game developers were too lazy to model that animation for PC, I suppose

Xards explaination FTW

KotOR is KotOR and its great how it is, as an RPG. I personally dont like RPGs that much but i can cope with KotOR, for me its not nessicarily the combat of KotOR I like, but the story, oh how i love the Old Republic era :wub:

So i dont think much should be changed, perhaps a big more freedom in the combat, but like i said combat isnt that much of an issue for me

Probably it's a question of dexterity. Malak is very agile.

Strange that they didn't put it in the game. It would be cool.

Nah, it isn't about that. My Revan is agile as panther.

Well anyway, it would be hard to put in. I mean, Kotor is RPG. What is should be? Feat called: Rapid retreat or something? Or some ability like Jedi Guardian's force jump. Or forcepower? Or what?

And of course you should have rules for that too. Does opponent get attack of opportunity during jump backwards etc.

Creating new abilities in RPG is always tough job if you want them to work right. OE screwed with Crush, it was totally overpowered and unbalanced the gameplay.

Edited by Xard

That is what I mean. You could kill end bosses, who should be tough, in few rounds

No, I normally play with hardest option. (was it very hard or what) Still no challenge. It is overpowered force power