jedi academy

u guys should start a star wars jedi academy section...the list things be like...general descussion..then glitches and downloads....then help...and then sometin else...lol

stealthsig96zx.jpg

Well, this topic is here now and can serve the purpose of discussing the jedi academy game.

I'm less certain of how many will respond to it, though. Not that I haven't played and liked jedi academy myself - I have and did - but I consider the KotOR games to be better games, and in either event I have moved on and left jedi academy behind. I suspect this may be true of many others here.

But we'll see. If it's true that people here need to discuss jedi academy, then there should be a fair amount of responses to a topic about it, methinks.

jedi academy was extremely, significantly shorter then kotor, but kotor is one of those games which continually flow and the whole game is a level and has no set and individual levels like jedi academy

jedi academy is just playing from the perspective of a productive jedi student (set in the imperial remnant era :p ) where you get to choose your looks, and skills (minimal force powers compared to kotor) and your lightsaber and is basically a 3rd person fighting game, and your trying to uncover the "Disciples of Ragnos" mystery, like who they are and stuff

Jedi Academy was crap. The original Dark Forces series were great for their time. I certainly wouldn't want games produced liked that in this day and age, however I will say the storylines were and still are bloody awesome for all the original Dark Forces (Jedi Knight, and Mysteries of the Sith) games.

Then Lucasarts had some internal restructuring, whereby it decided it would be more profitable to get rid of its in-house development studios, and simply lease the star wars license to other game developers. Ravensoft tried to make a remake of the original Dark Forces: Jedi Knight game - Jedi Outcast. This game game was a decent attempt at making a loyal remake of one of the greatest games of the 90s.

Sadly that wasn't enough for Lucasarts. A hasty expansion was shot out. Back in days long gone, expansion packs were almost like 2nd games - a mega tonne of content and well worth the price. Mysteries of the Sith would be an ideal example: excellent storyline, good game length, excellent multiplayer expansion.

Jedi Academy on the other hand was the most absurdly poor star wars story I've ever seen - it's almost as bad as one of those old Star Trek movies where you're just thinking to yourself "this is so bad... it's almost like a fan wrote it". Resurrecting a dead sith ghost using the power of cyphoned force, and the final battle with the flying ghost... it was the most dire star wars experience I've ever had to endure.

The multiplayer expansion was equally poor in quality. The new maps were trash in comparison to Outcast's (it has to be said Outcast's weren't that good either). The new lightsaber styles were amusing, but the butterfly manauvers on the dual bladed and roflcopter crouch on the dual wielding were poor attempts at balancing the game; like giving someone a sniper rifle in a melee battle - a skilled person with a single bladed would always win.

Really I can't understand why people actually like the game, I find it sickening. Are people so thick as to just blindly look at something with Jedi and think "wow!". Well I guess the fact Star Wars: Galaxies still endures is proof of that... how pathetic.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

jedi academy may be shorter then kotor 1-2...okay a lot shorter...but theres always the multiplayer option online and for x-box....in kotor there isnt that....and the controls in jedi academy r so much better they give u a sense of more control...and they did try to remake it but the did and they made it beter

Edited by rokor
stealthsig96zx.jpg

jedi academy was good, but the whole 'look at this wow, you can choose what places you want to go to' aspect ruined the whole storyline, ie. no canon storyline and no real set plot, except the fact that in the end you new that you had to fight tavion n ragnos, and on the way you just need to save or whatever, it seemed that all the 'missions' for the academy n jedi had no meaning for they where no real significance, to me just time consumers

well when you think about it. Both kotor 2 and jedi academy are time comsumer..for goodness sake there just games. but jedi academy was equal if not better than kotor 1-2 because you get a more control factor.and u have decisions you have to make in JA too.you can turn to the dark side u can go diffrent ways in maps and have diffrent outcomes

stealthsig96zx.jpg

I don't think they are comparable. Different foci, different games.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I like KotORs originality, not only the idea and setting, but the music too. In Jedi Academy, im hearing the same stereotypical Star Wars Music, which although good is getting way too repetetive. Although, I must admit it was fun slashing stormtroopers and dark jedi with Light sabers, and it was cool in multiplayer to force choke someone, move them over the edge of a cliff, then let go :-

somebody should try a QUALITY remake that goes from DF to Jedi Knight.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

honestly kotor 3 should have the length and originallity of 1 and 2 but the controls and force powers of JKA

Dark Rage would be good for those DSers. It would help with tough/boss battles, making them perhaps too easy? :(

I wish they could implement force pull/push in KotOR so that you could pick up objects and throw them at bad guys, or even move objects to solve puzzles instead of having simple maths problems :(

I'd rather have the control and game layout of KotOR, I wouldnt want KotOR to be fully real time like JA. I would just like the inclusion of some of JA force powers like Dark Rage which I think would work in KotOR.

Hmm... a more action oriented KOTOR doesn't sound bad at all. Maybe like Jade Empire but with controllable companions? And instead of different fighting styles d different saber stances (each with their own 3-4 attack animations and combos)? Oh yeah, and jumping. Love jumping.

Jedi Academy SP was lame. But the MP was awesome.

I am a member of a role playing community that uses JA as their base, here's a link to our forums, we'd be happy to have you join up.

http://s13.invisionfree.com/The_RPG_Zone/index.php?act=idx

It was cool that you got to kill that annoying padawan Josh? (DS).

Other than that, I agree, the multiplayer was sweet.

Do I detect a hint of advertisment :wub: lol

Jedi Academy SP was lame. But the MP was awesome.

I am a member of a role playing community that uses JA as their base, here's a link to our forums, we'd be happy to have you join up.

http://s13.invisionfree.com/The_RPG_Zone/index.php?act=idx

It was cool that you got to kill that annoying padawan Josh? (DS).

Other than that, I agree, the multiplayer was sweet.

Do I detect a hint of advertisment :lol: lol

It was rosh (i know... I'm an ubergeek.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Its been a while since I played JA :"> thnx for that Calax, although I was close with Josh , only 1 letter out :o

JA also had a cool end level where you

fight alongside fellow jedi when LS, or fight a 3 way battle, where Jedi, Sith and you all kill each other when DS :o

Notice how you never actually play as a Sith, fighting alongside fellow sith against the jedi. If they allowed such a thing in KotOR III, it would make the series *truely open ended*

Edited by aerowars617