I'm getting a laptop

Blank

The question is why spend that much on a lap top, technology that will be out of date in a few months.  :o
Samething for desktops.

Zing!

Anyway, I picked this one: here.

It is good for my budget, and I believe it meets my criteria.

Also, too bad about that lappy, Sawyer. We do want to hear the story though. I just don't understand why people have to go and steal things in real-life when they have RPGs in which to steal stuff :p

That GPU is a bit lacking (no SM3): nVidia have a mobile GPU that is as good as their desktop 7x series. ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'll let you decide, but I don't think gaming laptops are a great idea.  The hardware just isn't meant for that sort of thing, and you'll eat through your battery in no time unless you're sitting at a desk plugged in...and if you are, why not just game on a beefier desktop with a better screen and probably speakers?  If you need one for games, obviously stick with Windows-based machines, but if you need one for other purposes I would look into Apple's line of products.  I've had no complaints.

Or, you could get a docking station for your laptop, with a second power supply and external monitor, keyboard, mouse, PCI-E slots for soundcards and graphics, so that you can have your laptop and also have a desktop, when you plug it into the port replicator, too.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The question is why spend that much on a lap top, technology that will be out of date in a few months.  :o
Samething for desktops.

Zing!

Anyway, I picked this one: here.

It is good for my budget, and I believe it meets my criteria.

Also, too bad about that lappy, Sawyer. We do want to hear the story though. I just don't understand why people have to go and steal things in real-life when they have RPGs in which to steal stuff :lol:

That GPU is a bit lacking (no SM3): nVidia have a mobile GPU that is as good as their desktop 7x series. :p

They dont put those in cheap-to-mid range laptops though.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Wow, $2600+ down the drain...

Didn't, by any chance, insure that beast somehow?

lol more like $3800. I got the high-end version.

It wasn't insured, but I am getting another one. Someday I will tell the tale of what happened to it. :o

We all know it was Ramza, in a last desperate attempt to get his hands on the design plans for Jefferson :thumbsup:"

LMFAO that's classic...

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me