DM Client planned for same day as NWN2 release

The complaints about not having the DM client in the box make precisely zero sense to me. Anyone who is playing multiplayer is going to have the latest version installed anyway. It just seems you want to have your cake and eat it, unless you're unhappy about the size of the download. Sure you can't install from the discs and bask in the glory of a fully realised retail product but that's something most people can live without.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Exactly... who expects companies to actually deliver on the product they're supposedly selling you these days? I mean, come on, people. First you expect a program to actually come with all parts in the box when you buy it, and next you'll actually have the gall to expect all those parts to work right out of the box with no patching! Where does it end? Getting a printed manual, too?!

Madness!

Exactly... who expects companies to actually deliver on the product they're supposedly selling you these days?  I mean, come on, people.  First you expect a program to actually come with all parts in the box when you buy it, and next you'll actually have the gall to expect all those parts to work right out of the box with no patching!  Where does it end?  Getting a printed manual, too?!

Madness!

I don't expect any of those thing any more.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

"Exactly... who expects companies to actually deliver on the product they're supposedly selling you these days? I mean, come on, people. First you expect a program to actually come with all parts in the box when you buy it, and next you'll actually have the gall to expect all those parts to work right out of the box with no patching! Where does it end? Getting a printed manual, too?!"

Game. Set. Match.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No game. No set. No match.

I mean, this is a compromise. Sure. Still, are you saying it would be better to delay the game some months for a feature that's available for immediate download? Better yet, should they put the DMC in a future expansion pack?

After all, isn't that exactly what happened with the multiplayer component for Civ 3?

Yeah yeah. Western civilization is coming to an end because we don't get games in jewel cases anymore. It's not that I don't have sympathy about the DMC, but it is available for download.

I guess I can't begrudge you folks your rant. I'd be ranting if it were a hot button topic for me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"Western civilization is coming to an end because we don't get games in jewel cases anymore."

Yeah, and I also believe that we'll all be living in caves soon.... all because the DMC isn't in the box. :p

Edited by Volourn

Because this is a message board... and that's what people do on message boards....? :(

But...why? Why can't discussion forums just be a peaceful place in cyberspace where posters alternate between over-exclamated praises and the posting of cute, fuzzy mammal pics? Voicing disappointments(teh whining) is soo negative.

Now ladies and gentlemen, I present one of my personal favs--and a critter not found in my native Florida--the chipmunk:

chipmunk.jpg

Oh yeah, and NWN2 is going to kick total ass!!!! All the way.

Edited by StillLife

Exactly... who expects companies to actually deliver on the product they're supposedly selling you these days?  I mean, come on, people.  First you expect a program to actually come with all parts in the box when you buy it, and next you'll actually have the gall to expect all those parts to work right out of the box with no patching!  Where does it end?  Getting a printed manual, too?!

Madness!

I don't expect any of those thing any more.

And that is just a sad sad thing.

"Shifter was 3.0... so it had to go.

Hopefully it'll be replaced by the 3.5 "upgrade"... the Master of Many Forms."

No. That isn't the reason why it's been poocannedpied.

Edited by Volourn

Mr Sawyer wrote: "The Shifter is out because its forms were never accounted for by design and it's too late to try to scramble through what remains. That's the only one that's cut. Sorry it had to be one that (in my opinion, anyway) was particularly fun."

More poor planning. :( That's why. :(

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...&forum=95&sp=45

"Why was it killed oh Volourn, Djinn of NWN knowledge?"

I am the Omega. I am the Alpha. When it comes to NWN I am The Great Spaghetti Cheesecake Master. Only Obsidian, Bio,Atari, and the 'in crowd' know more about NWN series than me.

i Am VoLoUrN. heAr My EgO rOaR! :(