Alignment

This is from Eldar from a locked thread.

Down with alignment! I mean, what the hell, why doesn't every town have someone who casts detect evil every day. Bring everyone in and kill the folks who glow! hahahaha

There should totally be a campaign where this happens.

Some sort of inquisition in D&D campaign would be totally cool. They really only have cast detect evil.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

if the road to hell is paved with good intentions is the road to heaven paved with sin?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 months later...

Ladies and gents(we're still alive, by the skin of our teeth...), we have a necropost.

Hey vaxen, didn't we go over this already? Only resurrect threads that you have something to add to. I don't want to berate you, but posts like "Both are fine", "I agree" and "I don't know", really don't qualify.

It needs to be somehting constructive or somehting that moves the discussion forward, otherwise you can just forget posting altogether.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Was he really lawful neutral? Considering his actions, he seemed to be bordering on the chaotic neutral. Then again, it's been three years since my last(and only) playthrough.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, since we are officially resuscitating this thing...

This is from Eldar from a locked thread.

Down with alignment! I mean, what the hell, why doesn't every town have someone who casts detect evil every day. Bring everyone in and kill the folks who glow! hahahaha

There should totally be a campaign where this happens. Maybe we could set up 3 towns/cities where everything goes according to Allignment Rules. Crazy ass evil town, Super diddly do Good town and Neutral town.

Players interact with them, maybe starting/solving conflicts etc. A nod to Allignment craziness that ****s with your mind.

NWN2 toolkit anyone?

I really like this idea. There are a lot of possibilities. The players would be the only "sane" ones, who recognize that there is more than just 9 arbitrary limits to why a person does something. They could go through the town and encounter crazies and try to convince the crazies but never be successful. And there would be one sane person in the town who went crazy being alone and killed themself and you find their journal and read about how they were sane.

Was he really lawful neutral? Considering his actions, he seemed to be bordering on the chaotic neutral. Then again, it's been three years since my last(and only) playthrough.

Yup. For him it was all about justice. And his drive for justice was sooooooo strong that it continued on long after the life of his body.

• 3 weeks later...