The Cliche' of KotOR

Yep, i finally decided to make this thread, and finally its here

First of all to get the gist of things, i advise to go to the first two:

The Cliche' of KotOR, Part 1

The Cliche' of KotOR, Part 2: KotOR2

Ok, well i dont have much time, and ive been thinking about this for ages but cant remember all my ideas, so im gona start from square one, the mandalorian wars

I dont mean to be racist or anything, or offend anyone by what i say here

I would compare the Mandalorians to the Germans in WWII, and the Galaxy to Europe. The Mandalorians start conquering the galaxy, with no resistance against other planets that the conquer whatsoever, and this sounds similar to the WWII scenario, germans blitzkreig through europe, and basically conquer, but then end up loosing many causlties (as the mandalorians did, with their somewhat 'crazy' style of fighting, their suicidal bravery) the germans where similar to this style of fighting, their bravery and sacrifice of their own life (dont mean to be racist or anything, but i watched a documentary based on the SS, and in poland the men sacrificed themselves against tanks, and other suicidal things, due to their over brave things, and the SS was the germans elite, and the mandalorians did have elite clans and stuff, like the ordo clan ect.)

Now i would compare the Republic to the British, for the Germans did give the British a bit of a beating at the beginning of the war (the v2 rockets, the battle of britian, although the germans lost significant forces in that) and i would call revan, and the rebellious jedi, either the americans or russians (personally i would say americans, because the republic requested help from the jedi, as the british requested help from the americans) so when the revan and the jedi came along, they took back the galaxy and faught valiently, as did the americans, but also came lots of loss (the jedi turning to the darkside)

I would call the Onderon people the French, because they had their own underground resistance and ect, and well known for fighting off the mandalorians (and we know the mandalorian crusade started in dxun, which is right near onderon) and this is similar again, for germany is right next to france.

Ok, end of the war, allies win but at this point i would call the jedi and revan the russians because, at the end of the war the russians basically spreaded their communist rule over the people of europe over all the land that they had faught over, and at that point revan and the jedi became 'sith' as we call them.

this i dont mean to be racist again, just stating to what happened in history, but i would compare the wookies with the negro's in past times. for the wookies where enslaved and treated as animals, for their strength and slave labour ect. and in the past people have enslaved the nergo's, but then they rebelled against their oppressors, like the wookies rebelled against the czerka corp.

ok i got lots more, and ill post when i think of it, or have the time, but if you guys have something feel free to add

and by all means, add stuff which you may think may fit, and is correct. and if im wrong dont hesitate to correct me

once again i appologise if ive offended anyone

it just seems how ironic how things in star wars relate closely back to real life (well thats where lots of stories come from, its not that easy to come up with a pure story w/o any similarities with real life in them)

Supposedly, the battle of endor was based on the Vietnam war

Supposedly, the battle of endor was based on the Vietnam war

:p

And I'm Scrooge McDuck.

Hmm...

Mandalorians= Spartan warriors, not army of Third Reich

Yanks came to war only because they got attacked at Pearl Harbor, and Japan was part of axis alliance.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Regarding the Vietnam War/Endor aspect:

Ewoks = Vietcongs

Empire = Americans

The Ewoks where the primitave, and their jungle warefare (guerilla) style tactics, and they managed to give the empire an ass kicking, as did the Vietcong, they where the primative, and they faught the americans well, against all odds, even though the empire had the superior technology.

The Rebels can perhaps be seen as the Soviets, for they provided support and supplies to the vietcong, and really wanted vietnam so spread communism and then the 'domino' effect would take place, and the rebels wanted endor, so they could then destroy the deathstar, hence the empire.

On the Mandalorian aspect, I would agree, the Spartans did vigoursly train their troops, through brutal ways ect. But the Spartans weren't ones who where on the attack all the time, like the madalorians did, the Spartans where mainly defending themselves (besides the Alexander the Great period, but they where just plain hoplates)

Well, Spartans were on the attack nearly all the times :)

Rebels as communists? Nah. But yeah, otherwise Vietcong thing is right. Though I don't see reason in searching these things from real world. I mean, my name consists 19 letters, so I could say that I'm part of DT universe ;)

(19 is most important number in DT :) )

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

• 2 weeks later...
Regarding the Vietnam War/Endor aspect:

Ewoks = Vietcongs

Empire = Americans

The Ewoks where the primitave, and their jungle warefare (guerilla) style tactics, and they managed to give the empire an ass kicking, as did the Vietcong, they where the primative, and they faught the americans well, against all odds, even though the empire had the superior technology.

The Rebels can perhaps be seen as the Soviets, for they provided support and supplies to the vietcong, and really wanted vietnam so spread communism and then the 'domino' effect would take place, and the rebels wanted endor, so they could then destroy the deathstar, hence the empire.

On the Mandalorian aspect, I would agree, the Spartans did vigoursly train their troops, through brutal ways ect. But the Spartans weren't ones who where on the attack all the time, like the madalorians did, the Spartans where mainly defending themselves (besides the Alexander the Great period, but they where just plain hoplates)

Um, we totally wiped the floor with the North Vietnamese. 60K or so US casualties vs several million Vietnamese casualties. We also won nearly every major battle.

Riiiiiiiight... :ninja:

Vietman War was only war U.S has lost during 1900-200, and its defeat was quite...perfect?

Edited by Xard

Vietnam is kinda like modern day Iraq I suppose, I mean you have gurillas everywhere hitting the troops randomly in hit and run tactics. This is a very difficult war to win, and I wouldnt be supriesed if Iraq ends up like Vietnam (though I hope not cos there are many troops there, including from the UK, so I hope they dont get Vietnam like casualties)

Edited by aerowars617

Nah, it can't end up like that. Uncle Sam's (and Uk & others) military losses are much smaller than in Vietman. But yeah, I see no good solution to problem. I suppose that Iraq war "continues" several years or so, then yanks will leave the country into civil war and retreat (though propably using word leaving) there "honorably" saying that Iraq has now democracy etc. Or they are going to stay because of the damn oil.

"Um, we totally wiped the floor with the North Vietnamese. 60K or so US casualties vs several million Vietnamese casualties. We also won nearly every major battle."

Most vietnamese casualties were civilians, and winning nearly every major battle did no good (what are those anyway). Yanks had no chance in jungle against hit and run tactics.

Personally I think that things are little bit better now in Iraq than it was during last year. There wasn't that much casualties.

Anyway, there is no way to win this "war against terrorism" expect annihilating whole damn Middle-East.

They should use money to erase factors that creates terrorism, not going to every muslim country and starting to shoot people.