M4-78 Restoration vs. TSL Restoration

M4-78 Restoration vs. TSL Restoration? Who will finish first?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. M4-78 Restoration vs. TSL Restoration? Who will finish first?

• M4-78 Restoration Team - Will Finish First.
    • TSL Restoration Team - Will Finish First.
    • They will be done at the same time.

M4-78 Restoration vs. TSL Restoration

Who will finish first?

I thought we could have a little fun with this. Since they are both doing some great progress, I thought we could try to predict who will finish first.

If you leave any comments, please keep them polite as possible. They are both putting in several hours, and I for one can't wait to see their final product.

(Have some fun, and place your vote.) :thumbsup:

M4-78 does not really fits into the "restoring" stuff... but who cares... I wanna have it anyways! :D

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

One thing to bear in mind with this comparison (and I beg that you do) is that TSLRP has been in (Don't really want to use the term but there is no other viable expression) "development" for a little over a year now. So, the headstart gives them an advantage. Another thing to bear in mind is that Team Gizka is picking up some of the pieces that Obsidian left over, a lot of the work we have done since the project started way back in (August?) September is concerned with story and story only - we don't so much have a plot left over from the developers, as a very unclear chain of events lying in the .TLK.

As such, we have worked day and night, battled through millions of troops, (Oxford comma for the win!) and been roasted alive on the sanguine flames of Melilla (Yes I did just pick a random Spanish Empire leftover from my map of Europe), in order that we might bring you a story of questionable awesomeness. I cannot guarantee you will enjoy the planet, it will mostly not be written by the developers (Vash, Kaah, and a handful of other major figures are all that we have left).

Besides my rambling, the point is that the majority of our work up to this point has been attempting to get our story properly laid out (Which we have finally done). The thingymobob that is happening at the moment is planning out cutscenes and plugging in our basic storyline. We all agree on the team that getting our story in the game is the most important thing before we fiddle with animated cameras and animations etc..

So in conclusion... M4-78RP will be out when it is done which could be tomorrow - but it probably won't be for the above expressed reasons :-. And I cannot speak for Team Gizka. Just don't hold your breath for a release in ~ 5 days. Besides, our project is going to be made compatible with TSLRP, and as one person stated: there is no way we can do this without actually obtaining a copy of the whole thing ;). So, in another conclusion, now that my thought process has reached this point, I'd say TSLRP will be released at date n and M4-78RP will be released at date n+y (I don't know the alphabet) whereby n equates to "When it is done" and y is roughly equivalent to a lovely "8" turned on its side. :lol:.

Yours sincerely

The moderately evil Pavlos :huh:.

Edit:

If you can understand this then you get brownie points... and 99 times out of a Monday you will also receive a gold star.

Edited by Pavlos
StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play

They will be done at exactly the same time. In milliseconds.

Really.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guest The Architect

It looks like I'll have to get KOTOR II for the PC just so I can play the game with TSLRP and M4-78 Restoration Mods. Unless of course their trying to make the mods compatible with the X-Box, which of course, I doubt.

Edited by The Architect

It does not matter to me, either one getting done is fine, provided they get done. :p

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

TSLRP as it is stated in M4-78 team's website :p

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Unless of course their trying to make the mods compatible with the X-Box, which of course, I doubt.

They are. Does not mean it is going to succeed though...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The Restoration Project wil be released frist. Still, it has been about an yeat after it has started, and it is approximately 80% (if not more) done.

The M4-78 team has worked fast, but still they have a lot more to do until M4-78 is done.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

It looks like I'll have to get KOTOR II for the PC just so I can play the game with TSLRP and M4-78 Restoration Mods. Unless of course their trying to make the mods compatible with the X-Box, which of course, I doubt.

Team Gizka is going to try. From the FAQ

"Q: I have the XBox version of the game and a (legally) modded XBox - will your mod work on it?

A: At this point we're unsure. There are reports that new model files (.mdl's) - which the mod will likely contain - do not work on the XBox. After our work is completed we may look into creating a more fully compatible version for the XBox."

The M4-78 team isn't sure yet, according to their FAQ

"Q: I have a legally modded Xbox can I download and use this mod?

A: We do not know just yet, but I would imagine the answer is no. Once the project is over I would imagine that we will attempt to find a way to get it to Xbox users."

TSLRP 1st, cos there are more people involved (in theory :p) I think the pace will pick up for both of these after the june "exam" period, so hey it might come out before september (no guarantees obviously :p)

TSLRP have more stuff to do, and its all over the place, but then the M4 team just have to make a new planet basically, which is a lot but i believe it would be harder and take longer for the TSLRP team